Contact us

SEMI FINAL 1 - DISCUSSION

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I hated Austrian song before the semi, after it I can only say they didn't deserve being last! They had a great performance and it was fun, how on Earth did this finish after the dreadful song of Montenegro?? :? And so isolated in the last place?? xthink

gustav

Maybe because the casual viewers who heard the song just once disliked it too, just like you did at first?

Terence

How Montenegro did better than Latvia is beyond me... at least Latvia was catchy...

Franco

I'm ashamed of Italy giving only 3 points to Valentina. xdown
But even 12 wouldn't have been enought to send her to the final. :(

Mozz

I'm ashamed of Italy giving only 3 points to Valentina. xdown
But even 12 wouldn't have been enought to send her to the final. :(

Yes, it's beyond any reason. I expected at least 10 points.

No Name

The danish points in the semi-final have been announced:

12 Russia
10 Iceland
08 Finland
07 Albania
06 Moldova
05 Hungary
04 Greece
03 Israel
02 Ireland
01 Romania

Now Russia is quite a shocker (in a good way). :shock:
I thought the top-2 was pretty much reserved for Iceland and Finland but I'm pleasantly surprised we don't just blindly vote for our neighbours because we're, well...neighbours. Must be the first time in ages we reward a country outside Scandinavia with 12 points.

I voted for Austria, Russia, Hungary, and Romania myself so I'm glad three of them found way to our top-10. :D

NemesisNick

I watched the first semi-final on Tuesday 22 May 2012, and here's my verdict on who qualified and who didn't.

My desired qualifiers: Greece, Latvia, Belgium, Finland, Israel, San Marino, Ireland, Iceland, Romania, Cyprus.

Actual qualifiers (in order of announcement): Romania, Moldova, Iceland, Hungary, Denmark, Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Russia, Ireland.
Bold entries represent the actual qualifiers that match my preferences.

Out: Austria, Belgium, Finland, Israel, Latvia, Montenegro, San Marino, Switzerland.

At the end of the first semi-final, I was gutted Latvia and Finland were out, they were excellent ballads which deserved to qualify. Also I was disgusted Albania and Russia went through. Rona Nishliu had a strong voice and smart outfit, but the song wasn't up to much. I bet Russia qualified thanks to the grannies' classic costumes, the song itself "Party For Everybody" was utter garbage. Since the SF1 results were released after the Grand Final, I'm even more disgusted that Russia won SF1 with 152 points.

Latvia and Finland deserved the places Albania and Russia took. Although I disliked the preview videos for Israel and San Marino the preceding weekend, I found both much better sung live during SF1, and would preferred one of them in the grand final instead Moldova. Thank goodness Greece and Ireland reached the final, they were two of the best songs in SF1. I was overjoyed Montenegro and Austria didn't qualify, as both were really terrible. To a lesser extent I was glad Switzerland didn't qualify as their song wasn't up to much either.

As for Hungary, at the time I was annoyed to see that go through, as I didn't like it much during SF1. Miraculously I liked it considerably more during the grand final. My other disliked SF1 songs that reached the final, i.e. Albania, Russia, Moldova I disliked just as much in the Grand Final.

I've put a full recap of ESC 2012 Semi-Final 1 is on my blog.

Celia

-I didn't want Russia, Greece nor Ireland to make it to the final, I wanted Finland and Switzerland to get through :(
-Montenegro OMG how terrible. They made San Marino look even normal xD
-Latvian women's dresses were awful and old-fashioned. The performance was boring and I've never liked the song itself.
-The girl from Belgium didn't move in that weird way she did when elected in her country, thanks god. She sang beautifully, but the song was so average it didn't have a chance.
-Austria was funny, didn't deserve a bottom position.
-Soluna performed way better here than on Saturday!

The interval act was too long, I didn't like it. Also the hosts were too tense IMO.

FilipFromSweden

Semifinal 1 2012 was the best semifinal i have ever seen :)

Top Bottom