Contact us

Semi 2 - NSC 52 - DL 19/5 19:00 CET! Welcome to Zoidiac!

Otto

Freak For Life said:
Just leave it as it is. We don't need to bother with this now. Besides, Soraya's ''La Noche Es Para Mi'' was entered in NSC before. If wikia is not lying.

As Boyan said, that song wasn't even accepted for the Spanish NF when it was entered into NSC.. there was nothing that could have been done then ;)

renzo

they actually shouldnt have accepted it in esc since it was already in nsc :p :lol: :lol: kidding ofc xD

Bojan

and as for Alfie too... I mean it's too late... the semi voting is already over... no need for additional polls or any other complications about it IMO...

renzo

and then also, it only has the melody of puppet on a string...it is not a complete cover of the original :p

Schlagerman1

It seems that Akkåville have decided to withdraw, even if we would have decided to not disqualify it :(
Anyhow, that problem is solved now!

Schlagerman1

Bojan said:
are the results delayed? :?

Problably, since No Name had some slight problems with this Akkåville thingy and also since it seems that Saksjaowie hasn't voted. :(
But I am sure he will fix it pretty soon, otherwise he will announce it any minute now! :)

anselm

Schlagerman1 said:
Bojan said:

Problably, since No Name had some slight problems with this Akkåville thingy and also since it seems that Saksjaowie hasn't voted. :(
But I am sure he will fix it pretty soon, otherwise he will announce it any minute now! :)

That means Sunland is prequalified now? :eek:

Schlagerman1

anselm said:
Schlagerman1 said:
Bojan said:

No, that means that the best mean-value of the two 11th placed countries in each semi will qualify and take Saksjaowies place in the final! :)

anselm

Schlagerman1 said:
anselm said:
Schlagerman1 said:

No, that means that the best mean-value of the two 11th placed countries in each semi will qualify and take Saksjaowies place in the final! :)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that rule :oops:

takeru

For the record, samples are 100% legal. This was discussed a long time ago actually :p Back when Beautiful Girls was entered into an MPQ after Stand By Me the edition before ;) So, a pity that Akkaville didn't vote :(

And OMG huuuuge shame for Saksjaowie :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm desperately hoping I didn't put too much pressure on him with Congratulations.... this is what I fear...... :(

Sabrewulf238

I think that Akkaville should not be disqualified and he shouldn't even have to withdraw!

I wonder, he probably didn't even know it had anything to do with puppet on a string .....somebody should have mentioned it before the semis started :(

I didn't know Alfie had anything to do with puppet on a string either......I think I can be pretty confident in saying that any votes going towards it would be for Lily Allen and the song "Alfie" and not puppet on a string (the fact that so many people didn't even notice it covered puppet on a string should tell you that) and not because it covers puppet on a string.

Akkaville should be allowed to vote, I doubt this was his fault and he only withdrew because he didn't want to get in trouble.

edit: :p I didn't notice the results are already posted....

Liam

Eugh.. such a harsh decision! :evil: Poor Akkaville :( It's a shame this has happened and that it's had to go as far as this since no one actually noticed the song was similar, and no one really agreed if it weren't for one person :roll: People are so immature sometimes when it's really no big deal and it might even be just a sample :? My last NSC entry sampled a former NSC entry and I even asked about that before it was entered and no one kicked up a fuss. How is this any different? And I'm also sure people are more familiar with Clocks than Puppet on a String, as I've never even heard the original song :oops: Please don't withdraw Akka :(

EDIT: I'd also like to add that a sample of Puppet on a String is not that song - it's a celebration of the song and an honour to it. Is it not possible to discover new, fresh music when it samples a song from the 60s?

94ayd

What the hell are you doing on a ESC forum?! :shock: :eek: :lol: I mean, I love Puppet On A String, listen to it very often and I didn't even notice it. I'll tell you what the fuss was about - it's Akkåville and not Kostanovia. :(

Liam

94ayd said:
What the hell are you doing on a ESC forum?! :shock: :eek: :lol: I mean, I love Puppet On A String, listen to it very often and I didn't even notice it. I'll tell you what the fuss was about - it's Akkåville and not Kostanovia. :(

:lol: I only really followed ESC from about 2005 onwards :cool: And Andrea, if you were on MSN you'd see Kostanovia are probably the United States of NSC - most people hate them :cool: :cool: So I doubt it's the country.. it's probably Luke trying to be a smart arse ;) And also, from what I can tell, no one really made a fuss.. Akka probably saw the comment and withdrew before they could get disqualified, no one except Luke really cares :lol:

Liam

I agree. It is understandable that they didn't vote... they were of course in a position where they could be disqualified so were waiting for a final verdict before submitting their votes. I say a one-off 29th person in the final, it's only fair IMO.

Sabrewulf238

I agree with what's been said, the whole thing was handled badly and it's only fair that akkaville receives some sort of compensation (e.g qualifying to the final, at least if they actually would have qualified anyway)

Top Bottom