Staff member
zNJQaqH.png

The Queen of Scots is risen!

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
WV128: Celtic Connections - Dionne Reel

Ever since I started as the :sc: juror in WV, I have wanted to send some music that one would hear at a ceilidh. I have only been to one, but I absolutely adore Scottish dancing and such and the few times that I have actually got to do it rank among my favourite memories! The problem, however, is that it's hard to find high quality videos of such music when you are almost clueless as to titles... Fortunately, I came across this trio a few months back and this song ticked all the boxes I needed. I feel that this is a very appropriate edition for it as the trio is a third Irish, a third Scottish and a third Breton - representing three of the different Celtic cultures. :sc: sends its best wishes to our hosts :ie: and hopes you enjoy this catchy dance hit as much as I do! :D xlove

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Thanks to everyone who supported the Dionne Reel - a near miss for a change, but given I've scraped through to the final by the skin of my teeth a few times, it was perhaps time for one! I am beginning to reach the end of my :sc: list, so might be on the move in a few editions, but not quite yet... ;)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Hmm, time to go in a bit of a different direction (for me if nowt else)!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
WV129: Lewis Capaldi - Hold Me Whilst You Wait

Well I said it was different for me... I came across this song (and video) when browsing YouTube one evening and it's just stuck with me in a way that I did not expect. I dunno, it just grabs me on a level that I cannot really express. I am in love with it and I was genuinely overjoyed to find that it was from a Scottish artist. Sure, I've HEARD of Lewis Capaldi, but I never really listened to his music, so this was very much a journey of discovery for me! All I can say is that I hope you fall in love with this the way I did. Enjoy xlove

Eulaliya

Let's revive this thread, shall we?

It has been announced that :sc: has crowned a new ruler, an apprentice straight from its former ruler Lupus' workshop is going to be its new Queen.

So her first choice is divided between these possible ideas:
  • late 80s gem from a new wave band
  • an Oriental-inspired song
  • a song in Scottish Gaelic
  • a gem recently released
Good luck to the new Queen of Scots! xcheer

Eulaliya

2108.jpg

That's it. We're sending SOPHIE for 173, may God bless SOPHIE's beautiful soul.

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

I feel like if you sent her to this edition, you would've had a chance of qualifying... no shade as I 12'd Mogwai in the semi but that's looking like how it would've ended up as. :')

Top Bottom