Staff member
zNJQaqH.png

The Queen of Scots is risen!

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: Scotland: WV116: Mànran NF

As I am away for the weekend, I'm afraid my deadline will have to be a smidge earlier than usual! Please send votes by 0800 CET on Friday 15th November!

Mentionspamtime!
[MENTION=15323]Eulaliya[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] [MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION] [MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] [MENTION=14451]ferret[/MENTION] [MENTION=14119]Mike[/MENTION] [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] [MENTION=4663]theditz83[/MENTION] and anyone else who fancies a listen :)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Thank you to ::na :west: and :bg: for voting! With a little under 24 hours to, I'm gonna prod y'all again because three is a little too few voters to make a decision!

[MENTION=15323]Eulaliya[/MENTION] [MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION] [MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] [MENTION=14451]ferret[/MENTION] [MENTION=14119]Mike[/MENTION] [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] and anyone else who fancies a listen :)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Thanks to my fab five final voters :neus: ::berl :us: :susa: :kr: Our winner was four points ahead of the rest after quite a turbulent mix of votes :D

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Dammit... I read the deadline in your post earlier as 18:00CET, not 08:00CET >.<

Oh well; best of luck with your winner!

Sorry! Usually it is, but given I'm currently at the airport and without laptop, I didn't want the stress of trying to faff. If it's any consolation, you almost certainly couldn't have changed the winner :p

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: Scotland: WV116: Mànran - "An Dà Là"

WV116: Mànran - An Dà Là

So after a very turbulent NF, An Dà Là emerged victorious! All three songs were in contention throughout, so it was exciting following the votes - thanks again to everyone who took the time to listen and vote xlove

Hope you all enjoy the song - I am quite the fan of this wonderful Gaelic group! :D

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: Scotland: WV117: KK OK?

Goodness me, what a wonderful result for Mànran!! I am so chuffed by the love WV showed for this Gaelic group xlove

To celebrate, I'm sending something entirely different :p I found out about this group via a rather unusual route... All will be revealed come the LL; for now, I shall leave with the elusive "KK, OK?" I'm rubbish with these clues, so it'll either be totally impossible or guessed in five minutes... :lol:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: Scotland: WV117: KK OK?

WV117: Altered Images - I Could Be Happy

KK OK? Kristine Kochanski from Red Dwarf (long-running British space sitcom) was originally played by a Scottish actress called Clare Grogan who just happened to be a successful singer and the lead in Altered Images! I had not realised this at first, but was quite overjoyed to come across this delightful 80s piece. Hope you enjoy the discovery as much as I did :D

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
So for WV118, due to slightly limited hunting time, I've gone with someone I've known for a very long time, but with a song I only discovered recently. She's been to WV before, though not with me, so hope you enjoy! :D

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
WV118: Maggie Reilly - Tears In The Rain
As warned, I have gone with Maggie Reilly - someone whom I knew better for her work with Mike Oldfield (Moonlight Shadow being the best known result of their collaboration). I came across then when hunting for other songs that she had done and was pleasantly surprised to find such a wonderful song! I hope you enjoy this discovery too :D

National Final planned for next edition btw. If you think Maggie Reilly is obscure... Oh boy ;)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
WV119 NF: Dave Goulder (I Like Trains)
Well I did promise someone obscure for this... ;) So, well, where to start? Well, my family has long been a fan of preserved steam railways and enjoying trips behind the old locomotives around the Dales and the North Yorkshire Moors - you may recall a couple of banners from my Yorkshire hosting including a few trains! So it's about time I actually sent some songs connected to this passion of mine! Dave Goulder is, I think, the musician I have known of for longer than almost any other. We certainly listened to his music in the car when I was very young! He is not Scottish by origin, but has lived here for some time in the far North. He has written songs about all sorts of bizarre subjects, but I am focussing solely on his train-related output :) Without further ado... the songs!!

1. Ais Gill

2. Last Train

3. Eight Freight Blues

4. Requiem

As we only have four songs, I am giving you four numbers from 6-5-4-3-2-1-0 to vote (no repeats!). Deadline tbd (as usual, will most likely be the day before the submission deadline). Thanks for listening and hope you enjoy! If you're baffled by some of the songs, then see below for a little bit of backstory...

1. Ais Gill

2. Last Train

3. Eight Freight Blues

4. Requiem

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Thanks to the iconic :be: :us: and :west: for their votes :D

An early favourite emerges!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Sis, I skimmed through the songs and they are not my type. I could still vote in your NF in case you want to, but I don't know if I would vote for any of these songs in the contest. Let me know what you think it's better.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
WV119: Dave Goulder "Eight Freight Blues"
So a few days late... Or maybe a week, I dunno, it's been a busy time!! Apologies all for the tardiness with which this is coming - all none of you that come by my Greenroom outside of NFs anyway ;) Yes, so Eight Freight Blues won the NF by 3 points, which was a slight surprise in truth! But I am very touched by the fact that people took it to heart and SOMEHOW saw it through to the final!! Very chuffed by that indeed - and rather flabbergasted as well! Hope you continue to enjoy this account of life on the footplate in the final xheat

Also, a quick note, I will be taking a break next edition - I need a bit of time to recharge batteries with a busy few weekends ahead, but will be back in WV121 :)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
:sc: is back with a recent discovery! I'm not the biggest live music fan, but this discovery was made quite by accident when at an event with "entertainment". I was highly entertained and thought it was a good idea to share with WV too :D

Top Bottom