Contact us

Save NFC Committee

SpZ

Kudos for the people who understand where the title of this topic comes from.

Anyway NFC = Nation Film Contest was a contest run for 2 editions where instead of songs, movies competed (full length movies). There is an idea to resurrect the contest in some form and this topic is to discuss the matter.

There are 2 main possibilities for NFC future:

1) Continue with the old system which is basically the one we have in nsc, only that the deadline is 1 week per participant. Eg if there are 8 people taking part, there are 8 movies and 8 week deadline to watch all of them and then vote (in a modified esc style).

2) Transform it into a weekly livestream event where people would watch a movie together and rate it on a scale from 0 to 10. People would be able to vote for the movies during the week as well.
The selection of movies could be decided by a) on a rotating basis b) by holding a mini movie trailer competition with nsc style voting.
After acertain time (let's say half a year) there could be a nsc style voting to select the best movie entered during that period.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Proposals? Anyone interested in taking part of the contest with either of the concepts?

anselm

I'd combine 1) and 2). Have a one week deadline per participant + a LW of a particpating film every Sunday.

Keko

I loved this idea and I would definitely take part again. One week per each participant sounds alright to me. We can have LW, but I'd prefer to watch each movie when I feel like it. Although I guess this could motivate some others to vote.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I think it's clear that the format needs to be changed in some way to attract more participants. It's a big time commitment, and in the past that has discouraged people. The focus of NFC should be on sharing films and discussing them, so live streams are essential, although people should also have the option of watching the film on their own if they cannot attend. Voting should be optional (i.e. if you miss a film it's not a problem), and also open to everyone, not just entrants. It should be treated as the Nation Film Club just as much as Nation Film Contest imo.

Bryon

::kos would love to take part! The first option sounds like the better of the two to me :p

Top Bottom