Contact us

San Remo Poll

Should San Remo songs be considered ineligible from now on?

• Yes, with the exception of the years Italy didn't take part in Eurovision.

32 59.3%
  • No, Keep it as it is

22 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir

Veteran
The only thing I would change in this contest is the ban on using songs released earlier than 2000

what would have been the sense of that?
(apart from Germany basically becoming unvotable)

As for San Remo, I can totally understand this outcome and I can see why people considered it to be unfair.
For my part I voted against a ban though. I'd rather have a few San Remo songs here and there over any overplayed radio song

ferret

what would have been the sense of that?
(apart from Germany basically becoming unvotable)
These are the usual rules of many similar contests. Only the ban is imposed on songs before 2010.
By the way, Germany is one of the most successful countries, if you go a little further than pop music. :LOL:

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
On 93% turn out and 59.3% of the vote, the WV community has voted to make San Remo entries ineligible. From this point forward, San Remo entries will no longer be eligible for WV, with the exception of the years Italy didn't take part in WV.

Thank you everyone who took part and voted, helping to grow and improve this contest.

ferret

oh no, not this. i take part in a contest on discord with a similar rule and that's the only rule i would change there :lol: there are fantastic songs from the last century that deserve praise etc etc
On the Russian forum, there is a rule prohibiting the repeated participation of the song in any other contest on this forum. xshrugIn addition, in some contests, the winning artist can no longer be sent with another song. In other words, Anna wouldn't be able to send Sabaton for the 10th time! xfaint At the same time, I have not seen a single complaint about this "lawlessness" since about 2013... :lol:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
the winning artist can no longer be sent with another song
oh, i'm in a contest with this rule as well. and at the same forum there is an adaptation of it, on the lines of "you can't send the winning song for a X number of editions". i personally won't send orange caramel in wv again as i already won with them but to each their own i guess? :lol:

ferret

oh, i'm in a contest with this rule as well. and at the same forum there is an adaptation of it, on the lines of "you can't send the winning song for a X number of editions". i personally won't send orange caramel in wv again as i already won with them but to each their own i guess? :lol:
I re-sent Dean Lewis because I believed in his winning potential and I was right. Sending young and unknown artists is always associated with risk, oh... The rules of Worldvision are that I have the option to send Dean from the UK. :lol: At the moment, I am following two young English artists with a similar musical style and as soon as I feel that I can compete for 26th place in the final, I will definitely send them! :LOL:

By the way, the concept of "regions" also exists only in Worldvision. Usually, the rules only allow countries, and on the Russian forum, the nationality of parents (grandmothers and cousins) is not taken into account in the same way. The artist must either be born or reside in the country. No indulgences. As for San Remo, the way is clear. Almost no one votes for these songs in regular contests. But you can always take a chance! ;)

BernadetteCydonia

I've only seen the results now, and fair call I guess (even if I've seen more people saying "nah it's fine the way it is", guess the "yes" voters are always silent then)

question though, does this mean that Sanremo Nuove Proposte entries in years where Sanremo winner hasn't declined their Eurovision ticket (e.g.: 2016) can still be eligible? e.g.: "Amen" by Francesco Gabbani falls into Nuove Proposte 2016 and the Nuove Proposte pool of entries was probably open enough for having one of their entries possibly in Eurovision contention as well because Stadio chose not to go to Eurovision, so it's ineligible, but what about e.g.: "Polvere da sparo" by Gaudiano, which was in a year where Sanremo winners didn't decline going to Eurovision, is it still eligible?

I don't know if I want to do another poll on this but I'm just trying to look at this as the opposite version of what we have in .net where our national final entries game accepts all Sanremo songs and has the NP entries ineligible unless they fall into 2011-2013 period of all NP and Campioni entries having an equal chance of being picked for Eurovision (and such similar case for 2016). And basically both our versions of NSC on .net kind of operate based on the same principle as well, allowing only Sanremo songs from years it wasn't used for ESC and to a lesser extent Nuove Proposte songs (though they were trying to try to outlaw them as well with the possibility of the songs from there actually considered for Eurovision, if not for only 2011-2013 and 2016).

theditz83

Veteran
I dunno, Italy has massive music industry with so much variety, so I'm sure there would never be a shortage of songs to send avoiding the San Remo ones xshrug

esc87fan

The Sanremo Giovanni competition isn't related to ESC, so that would be okay. I would think that those in the Nuove Proposte section of the festival would not be off limits, but we're discussing that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom