Contact us

San Marino: Valentina Monetta - Crisalide

Zack

Post your suggestions for questions to ask the artist(s) and delegation here.

These questions can be Eurovision related, general music questions regarding the artist or even random questions (e.g., what three items would you take with you on a deserted Island).

We will have final say about which questions get asked, but we'd appreciate it if everyone keeps their questions polite. Negative or overly critical questions (e.g. Why is your song so bad? Do you think your song is plagiarism?) will most likely not get chosen.
So what questions do you think would be the best questions to ask artists?

Be sure to include your name and your city and country of origin.

Simon87

Hello Valentina

You have a huge fan army here and they all support you like last year

This year you are a big contender to pass the semis and what is different for you from last year contest?

Song is totally different now of course

Simon from Serbia

DannyDS

Dearest Valentina

What made you decide to return to the Eurovision Song Contest?

Danny from Antwerpen, Belgium.

theditz83

Veteran
Hi Valentina,

Firstly, congratulations on your beautiful entry "Crisalide" this year - it is a spellbinding song that I'm sure will capture many hearts when you perform it on the stage in Malmö.

My suggestion (and kind request) is that you perform the song in its original Italian form. It is so beautiful and powerful as it is that I believe it should be showcased in that form.

Good luck and very best wishes for May!

Gary from United Kingdom

dezbee2008

Valentina,

First of all, you have a huge fanbase at this forum, so I know you appreciate us backing you in your second Eurovision adventure like last year.

My question is this: Looking back at last year's adventure, how could you remain so professional on the Social Network Song? I've always wondered since the song obviously isn't your style, how were you able to go on with it despite what others have said about it.

Congratulations on your song.

Greetings from USA.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Hello Valentina,

I am a huge fan of yours and admirer of your jazz songs and performances especially. I adore your album and love watching videos of you performing live with your band on youtube. They say that once jazz music touches you it's with you for life. My question to you Valentina is how did jazz music enter your life and who would you say are some of your biggest influences in that department?

Also I think you and Rona Nishliu could make the perfect experimental jazz duet together. Are the two of you still in contact and any plans perhaps for a song together?

Thank you so much for your music Valentina. I love Crisalide with all my heart and will be rooting for you on the night. It is a stunning song that many of us can relate to. You have touched so many of us here at escunited.

Kai (RainyWoods) from London, United Kingdom

Mozz

Hi beautiful Valentina xwave,

Last year I truly enjoyed you and the San Marino entry, the "Facebook or Social Network song". I thought it was one of the funniest songs in the history of Eurovision, especially because it wasn't mean to be a 'fun or joke entry'.

Some of us now know that you were asked in the very last moment to be singer of the Social Network song, because there was not much choicefor San Marino. And you agreed to take on that part. I felt that you were fulfilling your duty and that you were doing it for your country. Did you never or at any moment feel uncomfortable being part of the Social Network song? For example: because the song is more for young people and it's also a song that is so different from what you normally sing. It's almost like you had to become a different personality to perform that song.

Mozz,
The Netherlands

evija87

Hi Valentina!

I love both Crisalide and Social Network Song for so different reasons... one is touching, so deep and sincere and other is funny, a bit ironic song about internet. Your music and concerts are wonderful and full of passion - no matter what you sing!

I'd like to ask you about your beginnings. How your journey with music started in the first place? Did you find your passion for music and singing by yourself or someone encouraged you or you have some family traditions, family members than maybe sing or play instrument?

Second question is what are the differences in preparations to Baku and to Malmoe (apart from songs of course, I mean more technically, organisation this kind of stuff)? and what last year experiance gave you that you can use now in this year Eurovision?

Deepest regards and thanks Valentina for all your beautiful work that we can listen, feel and enjoy. You have big love&support from us!

Ewa from Bydgoszcz, Poland

LakZaNokte

are u aware of your popularity on our forum? :lol:

it would be great if u could visit us, i think ppl here would literally die xbow

r3gg13

would literally die

Love that part :lol:

I have a question as well

Hello Valentina!

It seems like you and Mr. Siegel work really well together! Could you tell us how your collaboration began and how it is like working with him for your past 2 Eurovision projects?

Thanks and I wish you all the best in Eurovision!

Reggie from California, USA.

Mozz

Hello again Valentina xwave,

I have 3 more questions for you:

1. At the moment San Marino is very high in diverse big polls. How would you feel if you won?

2. Suppose San Marino wins this year's Eurovision, do you already know if San Marino will host the contest for 2014 and also: where it would host it? Is a small country like San Marino capable of hosting a big event like Eurovision?

3. Suppose we're now in December 2013 and the Sammarinese delegation asks you to participate again for San Marino in 2014.......what would you say??

Mozz,
The Netherlands

Jim

Hi Valentina!

If you had the chance to meet a participant from last year's contest of Baku in order to spend together a whole day as friends and to go to eat together, to the cinema, to do shopping, to go somewhere to drink something and to dance at night and generally to have a day with a lot of fun, which participant would you had chosen and why?

Also I want to say that this year your song is excellent and I wish you the best of luck!

Jim from Thessaloniki, Greece!

Fluke

are u aware of your popularity on our forum? :lol:

I dunno about this particular board, but as her Facebook posts show, she's quite aware of the notoriety.

Q: Do you think there is a distinctive San Marino culture, and how do you consider yourself part of it? What do you think people in the rest of Europe associate with it?

Dear Valentina,

It's such an honour to be able to ask you questions! We're really very honoured.

Me and my neighbour Liz were wondering: how do you keep yourself in shape? You look remarkably young for your age and your skin is in impeccable condition. Do you follow a particular diet?

Madame Eau d'Yre

Top Bottom