8 5.9%

27 19.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

A-lister

Veteran
SloMo lyrics are in my view more questionable than lyrics written by a man whose sexual drive for women is predatorial as such as long as it's disconnected from rational and emotional reaction.

SloMo's lyrics were performed by a woman who agrees to this type of objectivization of women. Women's task should be to speak against that.

As for Piqued Jacks, the lyrics are a clichée and may be obsolete for today's understanding of heterosexual relationships based on mutual respect and understanding, however, what he sings about is heterosexual man's sexual drive and how it distorts rational view of a woman and attributes to her his own fascinations or characteristics she doesn't have in fact.

This is how psychology of most heterosexual men still works, we women know that 🤣 and are not offended by that. Actually, those men who talk about women like this are regularly something like Kaarija - drinks pina colada by a bar, stares and winks, and has no courage to speak or approach. 🤣

Personally, I describe such heterosexual men talk as: "Every monkey has his banana to play". 🤣

So please, don't be too harsh against such lyrics, some of them, even far worse alluding to explicit forms of domination and etc., have even helped the demographics in the West. Just ask the Boomers. 🤣

P.S. I'd totally objectivize the vocalist here 😁, he and the guy from Slovenia are the hottest men of ESC 2023. 😍

Do people really listen to SloMo for its lyrical content though? It's a party song lol... But each to their own.

midnightsun

Veteran
Do people really listen to SloMo for its lyrical content though? It's a party song lol... But each to their own.

Do people really listen to Like an Animal for its lyrical content?

I think if the live performance is like their NF people won’t understand him anyway, it’s just a bit of screaming off key.
Though I like the song. It was in my top 10 in the beginning but atm it’s out, barely missing #10. It’s a bit of a fader, it’s too repetitive.

Piqued Jacks said yesterday in Barcelona that they will release soon the studio version of the song and that it's going to be quite different from what could have been heared on national selection live.

They stayed polite and said: "Well that was live", whereas we all know that was San Marino's category C sound mix hahaha

Btw they seem supersweet and kind. Nothing like animals 🤣

I actually like the song, but it's in the same semi with Slovenia in the same niche, and that Joker Our guys are super confident. The Jacks are all like mama's boys 🤣

They were the best vocal performance yesterday in Barcelona.

Song is classic rock appealing to the masses, his vocal is impecable and he is the best male vocalist of Eurovision 2023 in all segments, they know how to engage public audience, and I wouldn't bet that this will not qualify in overall very weak semi 2.

Also, Barcelona's audience yesterday is no indicator of anything. They insulted Piqued Jacks and stood there dead and dull as potato sacks for most of the performances. The live transmission was unbearable to watch thanks to them. An audience totally undeserving of having an ESC pre-party.

Ezio

Veteran
Like An Animal is actually much better than the rock entry from Australia. It may be not as polished and overproduced, but the basic ingredients of lyrics, melody and instrumentals are more tasty. I would give it 6 points for now. Very listenable and catchy.

midnightsun

Veteran
Finally some fans here, yay! Even if it is now slightly out of my top 10 I wouldn’t mind seeing this qualify. I always thought it’s actually pretty good and the raw live vocals fit to the whole performance but I‘m curious if the yet to be released studio version will do something to elevate it.

Deleted member 12761

They're cute but I still don't like the song. It's in my Bottom 5. Excited for the revamp tho. It has some catchy elements.

Decayingbooks

Upgrading to :10: from a :6:
They did a great job in Barcelona, way better than in San Marino's nf and, for me, the best band performance of the night

hijirio

Veteran
Fans should really stop being toxic.
Ronela was my favorite too, but can we stop crying?
And stop ruining people's experience in the contest.

simori95

This is actually growing on me recently, and their communication after the rude fan chants only enhances this. It’s not enough yet to make them a qualifier for me, but they’re now my eleventh and I am excited to see what they’re going to do with the revamp. True, the lyrics, at least of the chorus are a bit of a choice, but I don’t usually care for lyrics anyway unless they’re a true masterpiece.

MartinF

It's growing on me too. Not to the extent that I love it or anything, but it's a lot less hopeless than I originally thought. Could even sneak through the weird second semi with a good performance and a fair wind...

Deleted member 12761

These guys really don't deserve the hate. They deserve more love. I'm streaming their catalogue right now and wow, they're such a talented group and the lead singer is so good. His voice on "Call my name"... wow xheart "Mysterious Equations" is really good, too.

Top Bottom