5 5.2%

7 7.3%

11 11.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
San-Marino-scaled.jpg

Decayingbooks

Lmao people thinking Freaky would stand a chance in the semi over Obsessed.

BOTH would finish last in a heartbeat.

I strongly disagree both songs are very modern and although the style is very retro these kind of songs have been very popular in the last years.
Freaky for example is a solid and fun retro disco song with attitude and that could have been part of Lizzo's next album

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yes, but you're assuming Senhit can carry it live and I believe that might be a misjugdment on your behalf.

I have no doubts about Senhit's charisma (I like "Stand by" only because I really like Senhit herself! She seems like a neat lady!), but her live vocals have always been a bit shaky. "Stand by" was an easy, low-tempo song and she struggled with it. I can only imagine what a disaster a live rendition of a bouncy, uptempo disco track would be like.

Like... if Finland, Denmark and Portugal pick the acts everyone expects them to pick (all three of which are easy qualifiers), things might not look very hot for Senhit.

hijirio

Veteran
I can't believe Senhit's online voting page just requested me to sign up for an exclusive gift voucher for :sm: 2021 kit, which happens to include a mug, a cap and two condoms.

San Trollino: stanned

senhit-eurovision-san-marino-kit.jpg

hijirio

Veteran
I actually don't like either, I have a problem with this girl's voice.

I am so annoyed and irritated by the way she pronounces 'freaky '.

I think she will be put on dead spot #2 and fail to qualify. Such a letdown after Serhat was my top 10 last year.

hijirio

Veteran
Spending quality time at Senhit's website tho xheat xheat xheat

Streets of Rome, Milan and Bologna invaded by senHIT billboards xheat xheat xheat

Screen-Shot-2020-03-07-at-20-24-55.png

Puma11

I simply can't understand it, you speak the most beautiful language in the world and you keep sending crap songs...in English, at the top of that.

Even if it's still crap, at least sing in Italian. Everything sounds 10x better in Italian. xhmmm

Iker

Veteran
Yes, but you're assuming Senhit can carry it live and I believe that might be a misjugdment on your behalf.

I have no doubts about Senhit's charisma (I like "Stand by" only because I really like Senhit herself! She seems like a neat lady!), but her live vocals have always been a bit shaky. "Stand by" was an easy, low-tempo song and she struggled with it. I can only imagine what a disaster a live rendition of a bouncy, uptempo disco track would be like.

Like... if Finland, Denmark and Portugal pick the acts everyone expects them to pick (all three of which are easy qualifiers), things might not look very hot for Senhit.

Maybe she took some singing lessons since then?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Sorry but I think it's gotta be Obsessed.......Freaky is also QUALITY but Obsessed is the better of the two. Either go into my top 10, though - congratulations, San Marino, you've knocked it out of the park YET AGAIN and you've done so choosing zenut.

View attachment 283

Indeed you have, Super Zenut. Indeed you have.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
So I finally voted. Both are nice, but it will be Obsessed for me, I just love the instru xheart
They could have keep it in Italian tbh, but this works in English so I'm not as disappointed as I could be.

PinchyCrabstina

San Marino you've got your chance now after this night's tragic results.

Cray cray Sammarinese superstar Senhit is gonna give us a party on stage and qualify, if only they pick Freaky... But in all honesty, with the way this semi is shaping up to be I can see myself warming up to Obsessed even.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
After losing Cicciolina tonight, I really need Freaky otherwise my hype songs this year are four people screaming things in my face in very dramatic ways. I'm missing a sugary fun disco/schlager bop. Please give me it. I'm so sad tonight :(

tuorem

To me, "Freaky!" is bubbly, bouncy, sassy-ish and in line with the disco history of San Marino, it would be the perfect choice imo. It could potentially make it in my personal top 10 even. It gives me a slight Kylie Minogue vibe xheart and I appreciate the purposefully messy finish it has.

On the contrary, I feel "Obsessed" is way too mid and not-doing-enough. It's just decent, but we have plenty of "just decent" songs this year already.

In "Freaky!", I see more potential in terms of live and staging potential tbh. Now watch the other choice win.

DaFlo

Banned
To me, "Freaky!" is bubbly, bouncy, sassy-ish and in line with the disco history of San Marino, it would be the perfect choice imo. It could potentially make it in my personal top 10 even. It gives me a slight Kylie Minogue vibe xheart and I appreciate the purposefully messy finish it has.

On the contrary, I feel "Obsessed" is way too mid and not-doing-enough. It's just decent, but we have plenty of "just decent" songs this year already.

In "Freaky!", I see more potential in terms of live and staging potential tbh. Now watch the other choice win.
So good to see you again tuorem xheart And supporting Freaky xyes

mauve

Veteran
Both songs would be okay and way better than what we got today. I for myself like "Obsessed" a bit more, but maybe "Freaky" is more for ESC. These songs (even though I am not a big fan of it, I admit) will mix up ESC - in a positive way.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Mainshow

Veteran
If the corona virus cannot be stopped from spreading, I'm afraid that San Marino has to withdraw.
The Italian authorities are working on a decree that would basically lock down many regions in Northern Italy! People would not be allowed to enter or leave 12 provinces Oo More than 10 million people would be affected!

ROME — Italy’s government weighed on Saturday the extraordinary step of locking down much of the country’s north, restricting movement for about a quarter of the population

The measures, if approved, would turn stretches of Italy’s wealthy north — including the economic and cultural capital of Milan and landmark tourist destinations such as Venice — into quarantined red zones until at least April 3. It could prevent the free movement of roughly 16 million people.

Mainshow

Veteran
It's official now: up to 15 Millionen people in Northern Italy will not be allowed/able to freely move around. All events (concerts, matches) are cancelled. Bars and restaurants can only open until 6 pm and ondy if they can make sure that there's enough space between all indiivusal guests (1 metre minimum).

The region around Rimini is also effected. Very Very Very close to San Marino

Top Bottom