7 7.3%

11 11.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
San-Marino-scaled.jpg

HayashiM

Veteran
Obviously lack of funding and the fact that they are an "insignificant" country must be the main reasons they're struggling to find any proper acts and songs, and now they seem to be fine being the "novelty country" in ESC, but yeah I agree with you, they should simply just take the list of all Sanremo entries from the current Sanremo edition and start from start to bottom and send out invites, I am not sure they tried that already, but maybe at least one act would agree and it would still end up much better than what they usually send, and the entry would have more connection to them being, well, Italian in language and style... I mean maybe I'm being optimistic, as certainly they must have tried this approach at least once and failed (which at least mean they tried)? If not, then I'm even more puzzled as to why not?

Valentina at least is something as unique as a Sanmarinese citizen, so I really applaud them for finding this charming and talented person among their 10 citizens (I don't count rich Italians and Russian oligarchs who are just citizens on paper to avoid taxes or hide "mafia money" as "real" Sanmarinese), in her case it was the lack of finding good enough entries that was the issue, but other than Valentina, I don't really get what they're trying to aim for? And don't get me started on the random selection that was held in former ESC country Slovakia funded by Zoë's (Austria 2016) family based on buying shares in the entries :lol:

I would love to get two Sanremo entries at ESC every year... However, once San Marino goes that way, it and :it: both instantly become the most hated countries of the contest. Opinions like "Look at Italy, unfairly doubling it's chances to win! Look at San Marino, getting colonised / buying another country's rejects! Double standaaaards!" would become our daily bread.
San Marino is right with doing what it's doing. Maybe they could approach some other Italian artists, but going directly for the Sanremo entries calls for troubles in the long term.

Kitakaze

I would love to get two Sanremo entries at ESC every year... However, once San Marino goes that way, it and :it: both instantly become the most hated countries of the contest. Opinions like "Look at Italy, unfairly doubling it's chances to win! Look at San Marino, getting colonised / buying another country's rejects! Double standaaaards!" would become our daily bread.
San Marino is right with doing what it's doing. Maybe they could approach some other Italian artists, but going directly for the Sanremo entries calls for troubles in the long term.

People will complain regardless. It could be a Swede representing Estonia again or the fact the Mamas are returning for a consecutive year. It all hinges upon how successful the Sammarinese delegation want to be. It wouldn’t have to be the exact same song from Sanremo, it could just be one of the artists who competed that year or in the recent past.

I’m not sure people would be so quick to complain if it meant a jump in musical quality either. You couldn’t really blame San Marino for wanting to give themselves the best chance of doing well especially if it meant showcasing, like Italy more of their shared musical culture than they have in the contest so far. I don’t think either would ever be hated at Eurovision, or at least no more so than the countries guilty of traditional vote sharing every year.

marty

For San Marino it is quite ok but overall it is a cheap song. I give 1 point.

MooseShoes

Cheap? Yes.
Bit of a dated Disco sound to it? Indeed.
Questionable lyrics? Well...

But I don't care. This has got me dancing like a chicken as I'm hanging out the washing so it's a :10: from me!

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Gave this one a few more listen because I didn't rank it yet and you know what ? San Marino, welcome to my top 10. It became my favorite entry from them (wasn't hard tbh), it's catchy and lively, now I just hope she will be able to deliver it live.

Mrm

Veteran
Gave this one a few more listen because I didn't rank it yet and you know what ? San Marino, welcome to my top 10. It became my favorite entry from them (wasn't hard tbh), it's catchy and lively, now I just hope she will be able to deliver it live.
Super SenHIT not to deliver?! :eek:
Im so sorry but you must be joking or you are totally bad informed... xqueenbitch

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This could actually end up as my number 1. I'm obsessed (RIP). I can't believe how good it is.

Also, I saw a Wiwibloggs commenter talking about how they were informed something game changing was coming in regards to the staging. I may or may not have been told something similar as well by... someone possibly at one point. I don't know what exactly it is but supposedly it's a shocker that will make this entry unforgettable. Get hyped. I wonder what could happen? I'd like to see Super Senhit hovering about the audience perched atop a giant airborne disco ball. That's my dream.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Iker

Veteran
It's better than expected ... but I mean, it's San Marino .... :LOL: I find quite enjoyable, the use of instruments is good, and I like the message of the song. Usually I dislike or can't stand their entries but this is different.

Last edited:

Kaz

If this fails to qualify I'm rioting, I will be in contact with all the other queens from the house of ESC flops (Daria Kinzer, Cristina Scarlat, Dana International, Valentina Monetta, Hannah Mancini) and the EBU can expect a lawsuit

Nemo89

If this fails to qualify I'm rioting, I will be in contact with all the other queens from the house of ESC flops (Daria Kinzer, Cristina Scarlat, Dana International, Valentina Monetta, Hannah Mancini) and the EBU can expect a lawsuit
The sound is good but the competition is strong. I don't think Senhit will be able to qualify for San Marino in the final (I hope otherwise). Serhat is still unsurpassed xbow

One chance for Senhit is to focus everything on the stage show. If it brought a truly insane and overwhelming performance it could surprise everyone and detach the ticket for the final. I think the San Marino song is perfect for this kind of representation. I believe that they already know this and will bet heavily on this idea. Forza San Marino!xcheer

Nemo89

It 's true, San Marino could choose one of the many Italian singers as representative and not fail with this to its ideal of "catchy music" and fun. In fact in Italy we have a lot of "catchy music", but Sanremo rarely, almost never, chooses to bring these songs to the ESC. Because? For two reasons: the first is that Italy would clash with many other countries that believe and have refined the technique of "catchy music" and the "show on stage" (if you add that we Italians any song we bring we are always a bit ridiculed, if we do not bring artists like Mahmood and Gabbani, we are thrown out of the "Top 10" with great joy); the second reason is that Italy is a slave to its musical culture. The orchestra you see playing near the singers is not only to improve performance but has a strong decision-making power. In practice, if the song isn't perfect for the masters, it doesn't win! (this is, however, from 2011 onwards when Italy began to believe in the ESC; before, we wore songs that were not very strong or we did not participate in the ESC because we were not interested in the competition). However, this technical choice allows Italy to always perform from 2011 onwards. If we had brought Elodie's "Andromeda", we would have risked ending up out of the "Top 10" (not because the song is bad but because many would have praised the other catchy music saying that our song "Yes, it's beautiful but it's lower "). Returning to San Marino, however, the choice not to choose Italian singers is right and for two other reasons: the first, and I like this very much, San Marino is a port for every European singer who wants to present his song and second, San Marino is not an ally of Italy! They are neutral and proud. They rightly want to follow their thought without obstacles.

Having said that, if I were in San Marino I would create a "Road to ESC" singing event where they choose their representative from artists of various nationalities. Why this? They can already make this choice internally. Instead this idea would allow San Marino to increase its appeal. Thus it would increase its "ESC power" and would attract the attention of many good artists who could see San Marino a good opportunity.

Top Bottom