5 5.2%

7 7.3%

11 11.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
San-Marino-scaled.jpg

aef

I'll give this a :12: simply because its :sm: and I'm happy that they didn't disappoint me with their choice! xheat

It's obviously not in my personal top 10 though haha

tuorem

Release the Obsessed video to prove this final wasn't RIGGED tbh...x

Rainy rigged this NF and he's unapologetic about it. The advertising campaign paid off xqueenbitch Rumour has it legend Amanda Lear even praised Freaky! on Twitter. xamandalearsmile #noNetflixInvolved

By the way, could someone correct the title of the thread? It's "Freaky!" with a freaking exclamation mark. :giggle: It makes all the difference.

VikingTiger

Sorry... there's really NOTHING I like about this entry. I love a great disco song - but this is far from great in my ears. I have it two tries... I preferred the first one, without the video.
A big NO from me.

Fluke

Okay, so it's an unabashed fun, campy song like this year hasn't had enough of, but nothing about it really stands out to me. I actually find it more similar to Montenegro's "Space" or San Marino's "Children of the Night" than Serhat last year, but the disco sound really doesn't feel fresh anymore, even in a "unexpected retro" kind of way, and i don't see this becoming one of my favorites, or the public's. Final is possible under perfect circumstances, but i wouldn't bet much on it.

CPV4931

Didn´t expect "Freaky" to win here, so once again, San Marino will be in my top 10 :-)

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

AliceEsc

That video xheat How do I get an invitation to that party? No need to talk about the song.

Mrm

Veteran
SenHIT is such a hitmaker, as @RainyWoods suggested.. xheat

musicfan

Sorry... there's really NOTHING I like about this entry. I love a great disco song - but this is far from great in my ears. I have it two tries... I preferred the first one, without the video.
A big NO from me.

I also love great disco, and there's way bigger disco legends than Amanda Lear who got mentioned here. Some music is niche for a reason.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
"Obsessed" was just the English version of one of her recent italian songs, just like "Heart aches" was for "Dark room". It had no chance against "Freaky!" in the digital battle, which was so much better for ESC, and it'll do better than many people think.

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Kitakaze

They did that this year, Senhit is italian, from Bologna

What I meant was drawing from different musical genres and from a higher standard of songs like that of San Remo. Sure, Senhit had some other song choices but this is the third disco number in almost as many years and the fifth time they’ve selected a former contestant.

You have to admire their love for the contest but it feels like a very last minute effort. The issue is undoubtedly lack of funds and resources but given the quality on offer in the Italian music scene they could still do a lot better if they wanted to.

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm generous: :4: points for the second best entry from San Marino!
It's trashy but somehow very memorable.

A-lister

Veteran
What I meant was drawing from different musical genres and from a higher standard of songs like that of San Remo. Sure, Senhit had some other song choices but this is the third disco number in almost as many years and the fifth time they’ve selected a former contestant.

You have to admire their love for the contest but it feels like a very last minute effort. The issue is undoubtedly lack of funds and resources but given the quality on offer in the Italian music scene they could still do a lot better if they wanted to.

Obviously lack of funding and the fact that they are an "insignificant" country must be the main reasons they're struggling to find any proper acts and songs, and now they seem to be fine being the "novelty country" in ESC, but yeah I agree with you, they should simply just take the list of all Sanremo entries from the current Sanremo edition and start from start to bottom and send out invites, I am not sure they tried that already, but maybe at least one act would agree and it would still end up much better than what they usually send, and the entry would have more connection to them being, well, Italian in language and style... I mean maybe I'm being optimistic, as certainly they must have tried this approach at least once and failed (which at least mean they tried)? If not, then I'm even more puzzled as to why not?

Valentina at least is something as unique as a Sanmarinese citizen, so I really applaud them for finding this charming and talented person among their 10 citizens (I don't count rich Italians and Russian oligarchs who are just citizens on paper to avoid taxes or hide "mafia money" as "real" Sanmarinese), in her case it was the lack of finding good enough entries that was the issue, but other than Valentina, I don't really get what they're trying to aim for? And don't get me started on the random selection that was held in former ESC country Slovakia funded by Zoë's (Austria 2016) family based on buying shares in the entries :lol:

musicfan

The Obsession song wasn't that bad. I didn't like anything at Sanremo this year.

Mrm

Veteran
Obviously lack of funding and the fact that they are an "insignificant" country must be the main reasons they're struggling to find any proper acts and songs, and now they seem to be fine being the "novelty country" in ESC, but yeah I agree with you, they should simply just take the list of all Sanremo entries from the current Sanremo edition and start from start to bottom and send out invites, I am not sure they tried that already, but maybe at least one act would agree and it would still end up much better than what they usually send, and the entry would have more connection to them being, well, Italian in language and style... I mean maybe I'm being optimistic, as certainly they must have tried this approach at least once and failed (which at least mean they tried)? If not, then I'm even more puzzled as to why not?

Valentina at least is something as unique as a Sanmarinese citizen, so I really applaud them for finding this charming and talented person among their 10 citizens (I don't count rich Italians and Russian oligarchs who are just citizens on paper to avoid taxes or hide "mafia money" as "real" Sanmarinese), in her case it was the lack of finding good enough entries that was the issue, but other than Valentina, I don't really get what they're trying to aim for? And don't get me started on the random selection that was held in former ESC country Slovakia funded by Zoë's (Austria 2016) family based on buying shares in the entries :lol:
"Freaky" is WONDERFUL! xqueenbitch
Supr SenHIT will fly high in May! Mark my words! xyaaay

Kitakaze

Totally agree, they have a world famous music contest renowned for its influential music no more than six hours drive away. I don’t understand why they haven’t taken that approach either or why it hasn’t worked out even once if they have. As fickle as Italy’s participation in Eurovision has been, given their success in recent years surely there are artists now more than ever itching for a platform that Eurovision would bring and the chance to represent a county that is essentially Italian.

What we all want at the end of the day is to see them do well and add real musical value to the contest. I can’t imagine they would turn down the chance of being real contenders if presented with the opportunity.

Mrm

Veteran
It even reminds me of Lady Gaga - "Stupid Love"! :eek: xheat xfaint

Gooosh, Super SenHIT is delivering and spreading HITS.. xbow

She is surreal.. :eek:

images

I have a feeling she will fly high in May!

Top Bottom