24 13.6%

• Total voters

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
T A L E N T W O N

hijirio

Veteran
Serhat coming 4th in SF's televote gave more life than God ever has.

Fluke

So happy for him! Maybe San Marino can really break the NQ curse from now on....

midnightsun

Veteran
I don't remember if anyone already commented on this, but...

WHAT'S HIS DAMN NUMBER NOW??!! :lol:

I think we all want to call him and let us tell by Daddy, that life is always beautiful and fine!

crashworld

Veteran
Even Queen Valentina could not even achieve what Godhat has done. Amazing! Now we just need the most requested collaboration ever - Queen Valentina + Godhat since San Marino is already building the momentum. :)

Milos-BC

Best :sm: result ever :D So deserved, and I am proud of him. This guilty pleasure will certainly remain on my list :D

hijirio

Veteran
25th in Germany
25th in France
22nd in Belgium
23rd in Austria
25th in Switzerland
12th in the Netherlands

Ummmm. Remember the haters nagging about Turkish diaspora in Europe? :rolleyes:

Alaska49

yeah, serhat actually did super well in the televotes of, like, eastern europe. his only western televote point in the final is a single point from iceland. is this one of those situations where eastern europe still likes things that are outdated in western europe because the iron curtain made some cultural nuggets arrive quite a bit later for them? or do they just have a different sense of humour?

Mainshow

Veteran
I seriously believe that the Televoting results from San Marino are wrong as well. I wish wiwiblogs and other ESC Fan pages would report it as well.

How's possible that Greece gets 10 points whilst it's basically just Cyprus (12) and Albania (2) voting for "Better Love".

Like the Belarusian jury votes, the San Marino Televoting result is aggregated and should include the Televoting results of neighbouring countries/countries in the same pot like San Marino.

If we take this into account, this would be the correct Televoting results:

12 Italy 3,00
10 Russia 3,40
8 The Netherlands 3,60
7 Switzerland 4,00
6 Norway 8,00
5 Azerbaijan 9,00
4 Australia 9,00
3 Iceland 9,40
2 France 11,80
1 Sweden 12,40
--------------------------------
12 Russia
10 Greece
8 Italy
7 Cyprus
6 The Netherlands
5 Switzerland
4 Azerbaijan
3 Norway
2 Iceland
1 Israel

Mainshow

Veteran
Leave San Marino's televoting alone please. :lol:

Don't get me wrong. Personally, I think that "Better Love" is the best Greek entry for years but I'm seriously mad at the EBU messing up with so many votes.

What's the point of coming up with aggregated results when they are too stupid to calculate them accordingly to their own rules?

Due to the wrong Belarusian jury votes and the wrong San Marino Televoting results, the EBU basically awarded a total of 116 points randomly.

That's crazy and it doesn't make the whole competition look more valid

AlekS

Veteran
yeah, serhat actually did super well in the televotes of, like, eastern europe. his only western televote point in the final is a single point from iceland. is this one of those situations where eastern europe still likes things that are outdated in western europe because the iron curtain made some cultural nuggets arrive quite a bit later for them? or do they just have a different sense of humour?
As I've said earlier, our straight & married hunk UA:pBC commentator basically acted like a fangirl, confessed his love to Serhat ("he's my idol") and said "my wife isn't jealous" during the final :lol:

STB commentator compared him to Ukrainian icon singer everyone pokes fun at.

LakZaNokte

I would say just having sense of humour at all :mrgreen:

Eastern people cherish fun much more, and are naturally drawn towards one. Serhat’s performance really was just good fun and audience has rewarded it. xacademic

And btw, song may be a bit dated (or just retro? xbow), but it’s still catchy. Really catchy. xshrug

Alaska49

As I've said earlier, our straight & married hunk UA:pBC commentator basically acted like a fangirl, confessed his love to Serhat ("he's my idol") and said "my wife isn't jealous" during the final :lol:

STB commentator compared him to Ukrainian icon singer everyone pokes fun at.
i will NOT imagine serhiy prytula/serhat fanfiction, alaska tells himself futilely.

also, yesssssss the san marinese televote is some bullshit. while san marino being in the cyprus/greece pot this year basically guarantees SOME manner of points to greece because of the exponential model they use, it definitely should not be 10 points. the weird thing is, when i calculated the aggregated result for their pot, it mostly matched the san marinese result EXCEPT FOR greece and cyprus being too high. it's so weird. unless san marino somehow had a valid televote all on their own i would like an explanation lol.

Toni2

Serhat will release a German version of "Say Na Na Na" this summer. Probably inspired by the version of the German presenter Alina Stiegler:

Turkish singer Serhat produces a Germanized version of his ESC song for San Marino. "Serhat will be recording the German version of 'Say Na Na Na' in our studio next week, which we will release in the summer," said Manfred Holz of the production company Cap Sounds eurovision.de. The singer went to a German school in Istanbul and therefore speaks fluent German.
https://www.eurovision.de/news/ESC-2019-Serhat-produziert-Say-Na-Na-Na-auf-Deutsch,serhat132.html

Top Bottom