10 6.1%

24 14.7%

13 8.0%

15 9.2%

31 19.0%

• Total voters

CaspianMortis

Re: SAN MARINO 2018

They aren't determined enough to select a decent entry, then they should really withdraw.
Well, San Marino sent a decent entry in 2013, actually a beautiful song, and they still failed to qualify.

Maybe Valentina should try a pop song or something.

NickWilde

Next time, Valentina must do a come back... with Serhat. He's divine so much they can qualify 8)

RomanFromRussia

Enough for Valentina and other comebacks. Enough for Siegel. I want something 2018-like from this nation, someone sammarinese with modern song. Just prepare for ESC in serious way. And there will be a result.

Romeo

Just pretend that it's Valentina instead of Viktor Lazlo

and they have to do that dance routine

tuorem

Enough for Valentina and other comebacks. Enough for Siegel. I want something 2018-like from this nation, someone sammarinese with modern song. Just prepare for ESC in serious way. And there will be a result.

It's easier said than done: where the money at? :lol: I'm not working for SMTV but it looks like they failed to find someone other than Siegel to pay for the participation costs, hence why they've been stuck with him for so long I assume.

Serhat had no trouble spending coins, so unless another billionaire emerges (please don't call Eduard Romanyuta :lol:), I wonder what their leeway is. Does someone remember how they funded their debut?

Personally, I would love them to collaborate with record companies in Italy. Their past results might not encourage anyone to take part, but I'm sure many Italian talents wouldn't spit on such an exposure. Labels could pay to promote their protégé, while San Marino would access a pool of artists likely to improve their results in the contest.

NNR

San Marino's attitude pisses me off to high hell.

'There is no place in Eurovision for micro-states'

There is a place for everyone in Eurovision. There's just no place for outdated, boring novelty songs with terrible staging.

You can't just send a literal cheese fest in 2015, a novelty act in 2016 and then whatever the hell 2017 was, and then say 'it's politics and stuff, we deserve to win, why didn't we qualify, reeeeeee'.

Charly

Well the withdrawal deadline has passed and no word from SMRTV about withdrawal so I hope i dont curse it by saying San Marino will stay

Sammy

Veteran

withdrawal deadline? Didn't know such a thing existed...

DanielLuis

withdrawal deadline? Didn't know such a thing existed...

Countries have until the beginning of September to make their pre-enrollment in the contest and then until October 10th to withdraw if they wish without paying a fine. From now on they can withdraw, but they have to pay a big fine. EBU is going to announce the list of participants soon.

Sammy

Veteran

well that's the confirmation deadline. but as far as i know you don't have to announce a possible withdrawal. you just don't confirm. so if sm hasn't announced a withdrawl so far does not mean they're in.

DanielLuis

well that's the confirmation deadline. but as far as i know you don't have to announce a possible withdrawal. you just don't confirm. so if sm hasn't announced a withdrawl so far does not mean they're in.

No, there's 2 deadlines. If you don't withdraw by the second deadline, that has already passed, you're surely in. But you have to confirm to the EBU the pre-intention to participate by the first deadline which ends in September, you can however change your mind until the October deadline.
Obviously even though the deadline has passed that doesn't mean that San Marino is surely in, because they could have announced their withdrawal to the EBU already, but not to the press yet.

Well, San Marino is, in my opinion, the "Calimero" of Eurovision.
They always blame other countries for their failures...

facebuuk_by_lk92-d4t1wgn.gif

JonnyWest

We all love Valentina but :sm: needs to take the contest more seriously :? if it's Valentina again give her a jazz song, she's good at it!

NNR

Valentina Monetta says she'd sing again for the fifth time.
San Marino has only ever sent one San Marinese soloist.
The record for the most times a female has performed in Eurovision currently stands at 4.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Ralph Siegel will sing for San Marino in 2018 confirmed.

Realest

They should find a decent entry or withdraw.

If they withdraw, there might be a place for another rich non-european Country, so I rather see San Marino trolling than withdrawing.

Top Bottom