Veteran
Re: SAN MARINO 2018

King Serhat & Queen Valentina with something like this

make it happen!

just please don't withdraw...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

As jbusic writes, it does indeed feel like the Facebook scenario all over again, and it's a fact actually that Valentina was called in at the last moment. I remember her saying so in an interview. It's extremely sad what happened, and it confirmed my fears from the first time I listened to the song. I knew things were going to be spoiled, but not quite this bad. 1 point is devastating, and it has heavily tarred her legacy. Ralph Siegel has done a lot for Valentina, and we fans must be thankful, but it's at the point now where she's being held back. Her heart is in jazz and we just watched a jazz song win Eurovision. Someone needs to write her a sophisticated piano ballad, that she can pour her heart into. She writes music herself even. She doesn't deserve to end her Eurovision journey in the sad way in which she has.

I really don't want San Marino to leave. They're my favourite Eurovision country:cry:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Withdrawal is the only reasonable option here. SMRTV simply doesn't know how to do Eurovision.

randajad

Veteran

Oh god, she is spreading like cancer. Maybe Trollenegro? :D

EscGeek

Veteran

yeah I bet it's either montenegro or switzerland who called her:D

I say make it happen

ESCada

I can see them withdraw and even though it makes me sad ...... It's kinda justified.
Investing so much money for videos, promo tours etc to receive 1 point is bizarre.
I support their decision whatever it is.

PLUS, I am pretty sure there are less known Italian artist that would love to wave the San Marinese flag instead of sending one washed up act year after year.

hijirio

Veteran

Maybe the UK invited her?
After so many bad results, they have nothing to lose.
And she lives in London, so...

John1

I didn't know that she was living in London. xshock
Why can't she speak English properly then? I'm wondering... :lol:

DanielLuis

The UNITED KINGDOM resorting to a singer from SAN MARINO in order to try and have success in a musical competition? That would be beyond hilarious.

Realest

I hope she is going to break the Record next Year.

John1

https://eurovoix.com/2017/06/01/san-marino-ralph-siegel-knew-no-chance/

This report really proves that :sm: doesn't even pay attention to their awful results in the ESC over the years since 2014, as they did indeed give some decent entries a try from 2008 to 2014. It's getting truly bothering as time is flying and ESC editions are taking place..
What's the point of participating then and sending a song, which is even worse than most of the songs that ended up dead last at the ESC being granted by a nul point? xcookie

giphy.gif

CaspianMortis

San Marino withdrawing is kinda justified, I mean no one ever appreciates their songs.

The horrifying 2013 event proved that San Marino could never hope to qualify. I mean if Valentina had represented Italy with Crisalide she probably would have won the contest. Instead some horrible songs qualifed instead of her. The fact they qualified in 2014 was a miracle, it had to be divine intervention or something.

Maybe she should try to represent Italy?

Or maybe they just need to keep sending her until she wins.

John1

San Marino withdrawing is kinda justified, I mean no one ever appreciates their songs.

The horrifying 2013 event proved that San Marino could never hope to qualify. I mean if Valentina had represented Italy with Crisalide she probably would have won the contest. Instead some horrible songs qualifed instead of her. The fact they qualified in 2014 was a miracle, it had to be divine intervention or something.

Maybe she should try to represent Italy?

Or maybe they just need to keep sending her until she wins.

Denmark and Azerbaijan would have still been the front-runners in 2013 as no one was really able to beat them nor be in the lead instead of these two countries. It doesn't matter whether Valentina and her entry represented any other countries, whichever they were. Her song would've still been supposed to reach the top 10, even though she truly deserved to make it to the top 5. I do assume that she should have competed with this song back in 2014 and it'd have been much more successful than it's actually been.

Furthermore, :sm: should really start to take the whole thing much more seriously instead of picking a random singer out along with the only entrant from this country. They have to be more involved in the selection process in the same way as the :cz: since their return or - for instance - :hr:.

CaspianMortis

random singer out along with the only entrant
Well, Valentina is probably the only choice. There aren't many other options since when Valentina refused to participate they sent a "chain of farts" or "I got to pee inside your mind" (which was sung by a Turkish singer).

If she refuses to go next year that will probably convince San Marino to quit Eurovision.

John1

Well, Valentina is probably the only choice. There aren't many other options since when Valentina refused to participate they sent a "chain of farts" or "I got to pee inside your mind" (which was sung by a Turkish singer).

If she refuses to go next year that will probably convince San Marino to quit Eurovision.

They aren't determined enough to select a decent entry, then they should really withdraw.

Top Bottom