Contact us

San Marino SAN MARINO 2014 - Valentina Monetta - Maybe (Forse)

How do you rate the entry?

42 22.2%

18 9.5%

25 13.2%

18 9.5%

16 8.5%

14 7.4%

9 4.8%

15 7.9%

4 2.1%

10 5.3%

18 9.5%

• Total voters

greece

OMG, I can't wait!
I'm also looking forward to the end of the semi when they announced that she was qualified, the whole delegation was jumping :) one of the best moments of this edition to me. It's still hard for me to realize that she did it, I mean I thought Estonia or Portugal would get to the final instead.

I also plan to make my very first ranking for this year tonight, it's going to be exciting.

It was worth to have Portugal and Estonia out for Valentina :D

Good luck with the ranking :)

tuorem

It was worth to have Portugal and Estonia out for Valentina :D

Good luck with the ranking :)

Thank you xkiss That was amazing to re-watch.

I realize now that most of the song are much better live.

Valentina was fantastic, she deserved to get through.

As to my ranking, it is just a mess right now :lol: with the different genres, it's hard to rank them all as fairly as I'd like to.
I guess that in the following days and weeks, I won't overrate or underrate anymore.

Tomorrow will be the second semi. xcheer I love Eurovision.

tuorem

That was expected. She leaves on a high note.
I'll have a hard time getting used to see someone else representing San Marino though

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
That was the best 19 minutes ever. How wonderful Wiwibloggs are for going even more than just an extra mile with Valentina. They really have loved her from the beginning. She's one of the most fascinating, down to earth artists i've come across. Getting to see Valentina's home and where she hangs out was very special.. although goodness, driving with Valentina when she's got her record playing in the car seems extremely thrilling:eek: They're both lucky to be alive still. It was actually scary to watch. She put's just as much passion into her car singing as she does her public performances:lol: That performance at the end of "Crisalide" was spine tinglingly good. I think even [MENTION=12196]Mrm[/MENTION] would appreciate it. If only she had performed a version of the song like that at ESC, she'd probably have made the final that year.

Come back next year Valentina but with the style of music you are passionate about. Europe deserves to see what you are truly about as you are phenomenal. We've only seen half of your gift.

Deleted member 8866

That was the best 19 minutes ever. How wonderful Wiwibloggs are for going even more than just an extra mile with Valentina. They really have loved her from the beginning. She's one of the most fascinating, down to earth artists i've come across. Getting to see Valentina's home and where she hangs out was very special.. although goodness, driving with Valentina when she's got her record playing in the car seems extremely thrilling:eek: They're both lucky to be alive still. It was actually scary to watch. She put's just as much passion into her car singing as she does her public performances:lol: That performance at the end of "Crisalide" was spine tinglingly good. I think even [MENTION=12196]Mrm[/MENTION] would appreciate it. If only she had performed a version of the song like that at ESC, she'd probably have made the final that year.

Come back next year Valentina but with the style of music you are passionate about. Europe deserves to see what you are truly about as you are phenomenal. We've only seen half of your gift.

In the name of the whole Wiwi team, thank you so much :D I will forward this message to the rest of them, so they can see it :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Any words if Ralphfy leaves too ?? ....

Valentina hasn't announced that she is leaving. It was a fake instagram account where someone was pretending to be her.

Having said all that though, this could have perhaps been Ralph's last time as I recall him mentioning something about it in an interview. Valentina's response whenever questioned about whether she'd return next year was "Maaaaaaybe" with a big troll smile on her face. I hope she comes back and gets the Eurovision record for the first person ever to compete four years in a row. With her own song, i'm certain she'd win round some of her non fans.

Krishoes

Valentina Monetta said to Eurofestival News that she won't come back to Eurovision 2015: "The participation must be taken into consideration by someone else, because as I have said previously I do not want more to be a vehicle of any kind except for the art or to make people feel good when I sing. I do not want more to be a political or commercial vehicle, I want to sing for another reason".

Intervista a Valentina Monetta: "L'ESC mi ha dato tanto ma..."

Deleted member 8866

I read that interview (well, I Google translated it) and I have to say that I understand her. She was basically thrown on the stage back in 2012, was criminally underrated in 2013 and finally acomplished her goal this year, which was the final. And although I'm her fan, I agree with her at the part, that she doesn't want to be a political vehicle anymore. We all know, that Eurovision isn't only music anymore, there are a lot of political things going on in the backstage.

Plus, I know this might sound strange from me, but I think it would be nice to see a fresh face representing San Marino.

tuorem

Back in 2012, she was already talking about how political the contest was with the journalists. At that time, I thought she was brave to speak openly about that issue, she knew that she had very little chances to make it, but most of the time, artists prefer avoiding that question.

Although I liked her three entries, it's a wise decision not to come back. I guess she learned a lot from ESC, yet she keeps on being realistic about what's going on there. Valentina can't be forgotten anyway. I just hope that the next participant will be Sammarinese as well.

ESCPOLAND

Hm I will miss you Valentina :p

but her songs was terrible really...
2012 - 0/10 very bad song
2013 - 8/10 cool song i like it
2014 - 2/10 boring "maybe"

sorry but 2 her songs from ESC was terrible... I'm in love with "Crisalide" :)

This time for next singer... but who? :p

Deleted member 8866

And a nephew, but he isn't old enough to compete on ESC. Maybe on JESC, though? :)

tuorem

Sorry I had to re-post an iconic performance of the Social Network Song in this thread. :oops:

Just pay attention to the fantastic camera changes and Valentina's energetic dance routine. xqueenbitch

Nostalgia mode on :oops:

Franco

Sorry I had to re-post an iconic performance of the Social Network Song in this thread. :oops:

Just pay attention to the fantastic camera changes and Valentina's energetic dance routine. xqueenbitch

Nostalgia mode on :oops:

That was where it all began. Her first performance ever on tv. Miss those days. xcry1

Top Bottom