Contact us

Salvador's approval - "Real music" or "Fast food music" game?

A-lister

Veteran
2022 DISCLAIMER : PLEASE PLAY THE GAME, THIS WAS MEANT TO BE SARCASTIC AND WRITTEN 5 YEARS AGO, JUST LIKE SALVADOR, I TOO MOVED ON BUT WE CAN STILL HAVE FUN WITH IT? :lol:

The renowned musical scholar Salvador Sobral has spoken out after his years of experience and research in music academy about what "real music" is and what can be considered just trashy "fast food music". His resume includes a fast track to the music scene through the well respected talent show Idol aswell as winning Eurovision Song Contest with a song that was not written, nor composed, by him.

A guideline to understand the result of his research is that a song that aims to entertain the viewer/listener cannot be considered "real music", regardless of the hard work put down by the performers, and regardless of the context.

So what Eurovision songs from this year's edition (or previous ones) do you think Salvador would approve as either "real music" or simply dismiss as just "fast food music"? Let us lesser intelligent people try to put songs into the two categories mentioned and see if we could get approval from the expert himself.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
From 2017 my assumption, although not being the expert here, is:

Real music
:pt:
and maybe :fi: <- Tricky though, since this one was written and composed by the performing act, plus they looked like they took the performing quite serious, didn't just enter the stage looking like they couldn't give a eff.

Fast food music
The rest

GermanBango

You felt the need to open a new thread for your butthurt? :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
You felt the need to open a new thread for your butthurt? :lol:

And exactly how is this comment related to the thread? If you want to play the game, go ahead...

and just to add... the word "butthurt" is just pathetic to say the least, it's just so trashy to use when not agreeing on something... it's not as if I made up what I wrote xshrug

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
And exactly how is this comment related to the thread? If you want to play the game, go ahead...

and just to add... the word "butthurt" is just pathetic to say the least, it's just so trashy to use when not agreeing on something... it's not as if I made up what I wrote xshrug

Factually correct maybe, but the sneering sarcasm and obvious disregard for the point he was making is clear throughout your post. Feel free to disagree with him, by all means, but you're frankly embarrassing yourself with this thread... :?

GRE

Real music for me:
:by::fi::hu::pt:

There is good and bad fast food music.
Good fast food music: :am::az::be::bg::ee::fr::it::lv::mk::no:
Bad fast food music: :at::cy::dk::de::gr::il::me::es::se::sm:

A-lister

Veteran
Factually correct maybe, but the sneering sarcasm and obvious disregard for the point he was making is clear throughout your post. Feel free to disagree with him, by all means, but you're frankly embarrassing yourself with this thread... :?

Sure it's sarcasm, and then what? People throw around the stupid "butthurt" term every time someone has a different opinion, but if anything it just proves how personal some takes it when someone is saying something different about their "favs".... I mean the whole "I have to defend my favorite act" is a bit pre-school...

So you want to play the game or this was the constructive thing you had to add? I don't care if you find it embarrassing, if anything everyone that are so quick on defending this guy and also jump on other forum members, that's embarrassing (again the "don't touch my fav" stuff)... relax, you are all free to like him and the song as much as you want.. no need to take it so personal... jeez... take this with a grain of salt if anything...

Tinchey

I honestly don't think he was trying to throw shade at his competitors, he was just pointing out that there is a cacophony of having same sounding music topping charts and being played on the radio, which, let's face it, is the grueling truth.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Sure it's sarcasm, and then what? People throw around the stupid "butthurt" term every time someone has a different opinion, but if anything it just proves how personal some takes it when someone is saying something different about their "favs".... I mean the whole "I have to defend my favorite act" is a bit pre-school...

So you want to play the game or this was the constructive thing you had to add? I don't care if you find it embarrassing, if anything everyone that are so quick on defending this guy and also jump on other forum members, that's embarrassing (again the "don't touch my fav" stuff)... relax, you are all free to like him and the song as much as you want.. no need to take it so personal... jeez... take this with a grain of salt if anything...

I'm not taking anything you say personally, trust me on that :lol: It just seems that to the casual forum member that you have taken offense at what he had to say and, instead of proposing some form of reasonable debate, you post a totally biased thread to ridicule it. Then, when someone calls you out on it, you just start attacking them! He's one of my favorites from this year, yes, and if I'm quite honest, I don't think he was right to say what he said when he said it. I don't like the artists publicly criticising one another during the contest, regardless of how they really feel.
As to the content, well yes, it was nice to have a change of pace with the winner. There was no need for fancy graphics, great lighting, gnomes, golden waterfalls or anything else with his performance and that's a good thing for the contest. Barely anyone listening understood the words; it was the delivery and music which got the message across, unlike so many songs this year where the lyrics are just nonsensical. So whilst I am defending the content, I certainly won't defend the timing.

As for your thread "idea", I hope the above will count. I also look forward to your later threads on what we think all the other artists think of the other acts, or is this the usual pre-school "I don't like the winner so I have to find ways to criticise them" thing? :rolleyes:

A-lister

Veteran
I'm not taking anything you say personally, trust me on that :lol: It just seems that to the casual forum member that you have taken offense at what he had to say and, instead of proposing some form of reasonable debate, you post a totally biased thread to ridicule it. Then, when someone calls you out on it, you just start attacking them! He's one of my favorites from this year, yes, and if I'm quite honest, I don't think he was right to say what he said when he said it. I don't like the artists publicly criticising one another during the contest, regardless of how they really feel.
As to the content, well yes, it was nice to have a change of pace with the winner. There was no need for fancy graphics, great lighting, gnomes, golden waterfalls or anything else with his performance and that's a good thing for the contest. Barely anyone listening understood the words; it was the delivery and music which got the message across, unlike so many songs this year where the lyrics are just nonsensical. So whilst I am defending the content, I certainly won't defend the timing.

As for your thread "idea", I hope the above will count. I also look forward to your later threads on what we think all the other artists think of the other acts, or is this the usual pre-school "I don't like the winner so I have to find ways to criticise them" thing? :rolleyes:

Wait, so "reasonable debate" is calling someone "butthurt"? Aha... interesting indeed... :lol: I think my response was in line with the comment I got, funny you call my response an "attack", as if being called "butthurt" is a nice thing to say? I mean what can I possible answer to such nonsense? :lol:

This thread is a sarcastic one yes, I'm not even trying to deny the fact, but it's also not meant as a discussion thread and also not meant to be taken dead serious either, it's actually meant as a game believe it or not (hence the post made in the game thread)...

Although I didn't like the winning entry, I respect the winner for being different and authentic in the sense of not following any particular trends and sung in native language, however I don't respect arrogance and nonchalance, which Salvodar was showing throughout the contest and his comment took the price, to me he came across a s a douche simply, pretentious hipster who has as much input in his work as any "fast food music" entrant out there. So while you might assume that the thread is started because I didn't like the winning entry, you're actually mistaking yourself, had he not said the stuff he said and acted the way he did, this thread would have not existed regardless of my personal opinion on his entry.

But again, this thread is not meant to be a a platform to discuss his comment really, more as a sarcastic game, a bit of a gibe at his comment if you will, don't read too much into it though, you are free to play along if you want...

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Interview with Salvador about his song being political

As of now Salvador only beat Bulgaria by >100 points

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Wait, so "reasonable debate" is calling someone "butthurt"? Aha... interesting indeed... :lol: I think my response was in line with the comment I got, funny you call my response an "attack", as if being called "butthurt" is a nice thing to say? I mean what can I possible answer to such nonsense? :lol:

Interesting, I thought you started this thread? Indeed, that's what the thread seems to indicate. I was focussing on your nonsensical first pair of posts, but feel free to totally disregard them. Let's face it, there's nothing worth reading there.

This thread is a sarcastic one yes, I'm not even trying to deny the fact, but it's also not meant as a discussion thread and also not meant to be taken dead serious either, it's actually meant as a game believe it or not (hence the post made in the game thread)...

Although I didn't like the winning entry, I respect the winner for being different and authentic in the sense of not following any particular trends and sung in native language, however I don't respect arrogance and nonchalance, which Salvodar was showing throughout the contest and his comment took the price, to me he came across a s a douche simply, pretentious hipster who has as much input in his work as any "fast food music" entrant out there. So while you might assume that the thread is started because I didn't like the winning entry, you're actually mistaking yourself, had he not said the stuff he said and acted the way he did, this thread would have not existed regardless of my personal opinion on his entry.

But again, this thread is not meant to be a a platform to discuss his comment really, more as a sarcastic game, a bit of a gibe at his comment if you will, don't read too much into it though, you are free to play along if you want...

The contradictions in this are hilarious. It's not meant to be taken seriously, but you're still filling it with lengthy justifications of why you're doing it. It's meant to be sarcastic and obviously has nothing to do with an entry you dislike winning :rolleyes: Pull the other one. You really don't need to start a thread to show off your witty sarcasm; we get more than enough of it elsewhere... xsleep

GermanBango

Maybe we should rename the whole thing into "Eurovision Drama Contest" :lol:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Thread idea: "Some of my opinions that I could've just as easily expressed in the relevant country threads (and already have) but warrant their own thread because I just deserve it so much"

DanielLuis

When was the last time we didn't have drama because of a winner? Emmelie de Forest? :lol:

Loreen I guess, though Emmelie de Forest didn't have that much drama. That was 5 years ago, gosh, time flies fast :D

Lonter

If the word ''butthurt'' is pathetic then it's pretty much appropiate for this thread :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
Interesting, I thought you started this thread? Indeed, that's what the thread seems to indicate. I was focussing on your nonsensical first pair of posts, but feel free to totally disregard them. Let's face it, there's nothing worth reading there.

The contradictions in this are hilarious. It's not meant to be taken seriously, but you're still filling it with lengthy justifications of why you're doing it. It's meant to be sarcastic and obviously has nothing to do with an entry you dislike winning :rolleyes: Pull the other one. You really don't need to start a thread to show off your witty sarcasm; we get more than enough of it elsewhere... xsleep

You honestly think I would start the thread to throw shade because I don't like the entry or disagree with it as a winner? Then you clearly didn't get the point...

As much as people like to through around the pathetic "butthurt"-label at everyone that has a different opinion, trust me I'm not a child, I don't need to defend my favs by attacking other forum members who got different taste than mine, nor do I need to attack entrants I don't like... but again, this is a nod at Salvador's behavior and statements, not against his entry, if I would start a "sore-loser"-thread every time an entry won that I didn't like or rooted for, I would have to do that almost every year, which I obviously didn't... but other winners acted with grace (well more or less), I think this douche should be called out for what he is though... but we could do it in a fun way or a serious way... I prefer the latter, sadly his army minions can't take it I see...

Top Bottom