Contact us

Sakuralia ❀ NSC 227: Charlotte Cardin - Confetti

esc87fan

NSC 185

We hope to bring much honor to NSC with this entry

theditz83

Veteran
Has she deleted the official lyric video from her YouTube? I might still have it downloaded from when I did the WLSC recap if you want me to try and re-upload it for you to use?

esc87fan

Well, another DNQ in the books. It was kind of expected given the company I was with in my semi, but I have no regrets

I'm between two choices for 187. Option 1, despite my Japanese entries getting less than stellar results, is going with something from the enka genre - I've been kind of inspired by my brief stay in Japan and Zobo's excellent result with the genre in WV

Option 2 would be something totally out of my comfort zone, but it all hinges on what happens in the States in November (the US consulate in Hanashima is on edge after they all sent their absentee ballots). I would believe that the next edition would fall around that time

theditz83

Veteran
Ruth B was most definitely under-appreciated in Semi 1 Steph. I wanted to rank ::sak higher but there were a few other songs more to my taste that were newer to me in this edition xlove

esc87fan

An official statement from Prime Minister Hawkes on behalf of the Empress and the Sakuralian Parliament should be released within the next while. When it happens, it will be delivered nationwide via SHK 1 and Radio 1 - all Sakuralians are invited to tune in

esc87fan

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TRANSCRIPT OF STATEMENT BY THE RIGHT HONORABLE TERESA ANNE HAWKES, PRIME MINISTER OF SAKURALIA

Ohayo gozaimasu. Greetings to you all.

I'm sure you have all been following what has been transpiring in the United States. It has been a long wait as every vote was counted in several swing states as to who would emerge as the winner.

According to officials from the American Consulate in Mizunozu, the news was delivered at 11:25am Sakuralian standard time on the 7th of November 2020.

Therefore, on behalf of her Imperial Highness, Empress Naoko, the members of Parliament, our Four Regional Councils and the Sakuralian people, it is my absolute honor to congratulate former Vice President Joe Biden of the state of Delaware and Senator Kamala Harris of the state of California as they become the 46th President-Elect and the 49th Vice President-Elect of the United States of America.

This victory is historic on several levels. First, Biden is the first candidate to defeat an incumbent president since Bill Clinton in 1992. Second, the Democratic ticket won the most votes of any in American history. And most importantly, Harris becomes the first female and woman of color Vice President. This is a message to all the young girls and women in the world that if she can do anything she dreams, so can they.

I have just been informed by the Director General of SHK that the inauguration ceremony for President-Elect Biden and Vice President-Elect Harris will air live from Washington, DC on SHK 1 and SHK Radio 1 on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. International satellite news channels will also be carrying the ceremony.

As such, in honor of this momentous occasion and in honor of the Vice President-Elect, we have chosen the song "Work That" by Mary J. Blige as the Sakuralian entry for the 187th Nation Song Contest in Luzinia. This song was the campaign theme for Ms. Harris and is an anthem for female empowerment. We hope it will inspire the people of Natia.

We look forward to following their journey over the next four years.

Thank you and Arigato.

::sak:us:

Last edited:

esc87fan

It was a big risk to send something out of my comfort zone, but unfortunately it didn't work out the way I hoped. Not stopping SHK from broadcasting a historic inauguration ceremony on January 20 though!

I've been thinking of sending a song in another language to 188. Any suggestions (aside from Japanese or French) that I should try? I found something in Ukrainian last night

esc87fan

NSC 188 UPDATE:

SHK's Director of Entertainment Michiko Takahashi called the various international consulates in the Tsukinozu and Mizunozu districts of Hanashima on a mission to find a foreign language song to represent Sakuralia at the 188th edition of NSC after its horrific result in Luzinia. After several days of phone calls and emails, someone at the Ukrainian consulate emailed back with an artist that had just recently put out a new single.

Takahashi later learned that this artist has a past tie to the Eurovision Song Contest. Just 3 years ago, the artist was one of the stand-in performers who somehow caught the eye of one of the delegations and invited him to be part of their team for the live shows as a backing vocalist for their representative. After listening to the song suggested by the consulate member and translating the lyrics to English, Takahashi had this to say:

"That's it. He's the one."

esc87fan

Aside from our next entry from our Ukrainian find, Sakuralia has lots to celebrate

Next Wednesday (December 16) is Sakuralia Day, celebrating the 7th anniversary of its entry into the Nation Song Contest community. And it just so happens that our next entry will be our 65th overall! So hopefully we can end 2020 on a positive note

esc87fan

NSC 188

He was a standout stand-in at Eurovision 2017 in Kiev, beautifully interpreting the Portuguese entry and putting his own mark on the Moldovan entry during those initial rehearsals. Both songs would eventually reach the top 3 of the Grand Final, with the former winning it all.
He caught the eye of the Austrian delegation, who invited him to be one of Nathan Trent's backing singers which included 2021 Austrian ESC representative Vincent Bueno.

Since then, he's been charting his own path.

As Sakuralia celebrates 7 years in the NSC community this Wednesday, we are also proud to reveal our 65th entry overall featuring the newest song from a talented young Ukrainian that will hopefully help us end 2020 on a positive note!

Last edited:

esc87fan

A personal note:

After listening to the song , I told Art on Instagram how much I liked it and said I found him through Eurovision (mainly his stand-in performances). He thanked me for my support and told me he was a Eurovision fan himself. He also said that he would love to do the contest as a soloist one day

esc87fan

Today, December 16, is Sakuralia Day! This is the day our nation celebrates its entry into the Nation Song Contest community exactly 7 years ago

On Sakuralia Day, it is a custom for a person to give one gift to someone who has meant so much to him or her. This year, we present our gift to the whole of Natia, and especially our dear friends in Moisantia

46dff8451a6b58966c2204841f4e1fde.jpg

The senbazuru, or "Thousand Paper Cranes", is derived from a Japanese legend that if one folds a thousand origami cranes within one year, they will be granted a special wish. Some stories grant luck, happiness, long life or recovery from an illness.

The people of Sakuralia, in preparation for this day and during its national lockdown earlier in the year, came together to fold enough cranes to make a a special senbazuru mobile for every nation in Natia. It is our wish that we stand united and wish for peace, happiness and good health in the coming year.

esc87fan

Alas, yet another DNQ and bottom 2 result - not the way we hoped we would head into the New Year. But now it's time to get ready for our Omisoka celebrations (albeit with our own families - the PM has put the country back into lockdown thanks to the second wave) and to figure out how to at least close the 180s on a high

esc87fan

SHK has run into a problem, and we're looking for some nation input. What kind of sounds would you like to hear from Sakuralia in the future?

theditz83

Veteran
80s pop/rock/disco - not modern 80s-style revival tributes, let's showcase the forgotten anthems of the decade that gifted the world... Um me! :lol:

Top Bottom