Contact us

Russia will organize another Asiavision?

AlekS

Veteran
091016185837_th_255.jpg

Russian prime minister was in Beijing where he announced that he doesn't mind to create the Asian Eurovision under the new name. Few Asian countries (incl. China) which form Shanghai Cooperation Organisation agreed.
Today Bjorn Eriksson adviced Putin to buy a license for such contest )))

EDIT: Apparently they want to transform "5 Zvyozd" (which was popular mainly in ex-USSR countries) fest into this new fest.
Though as for participants ... it's smaller, kinda. They can include ex-Soviet countries + China, Mongolia, India and Pakistan. I don't think that Iran and Sri Lanka will be interested :lol:
I'm wondering if it's alternative option for Asiavision or A-vision won't be postponed.

lucian-crusher

Re: Russia will organize the "new" Asiavision?

I have an idea.
How about having the music Contests just like in Football.
We should have in May:
- Eurovision
- Asiavision (including Australia)
- Afrovision
- South America Vision
- North America + Central America & Carabeans Vision
- Oceanovision

Then the winners of every contest participate in a new Contest in September (Worldvision) and the voting is by continents:

E.G.: Europe calling:

- 12 points - South America
- 10 points - Asia
- 8 points - Oceannia
- 7 points - North America + Central America & Carabeans
- 6 points - Africa

What do you think? :D :D

AlekS

Veteran

Impossible because of time zones )))

:D Apparently investors have already signed a contract with EBU and there will be another contest for the Near East and the Northern Africa :geek:
source: the Head of the EBU Television Deaprtment.

takeru

Oh, Putin :|

I really hope the Pacific Asiavision will still go ahead... I just think there's so much more scope, and it really feels like something different enough to Eurovision, whilst with the same ideals.

Central Asiavision is nice, sure, but I don't want it to be the 'replacement' :evil: Thatr's just like.. robbery :( I'd like to see the Pacific version play out once first, and then maybe we can move on to the best possibility of all - a pan-Asian contest! :)

But just central Asia is so exclusive... SE Asia has a great underrated music scene that's dying for international publicity. Then you add Australia to the mix, one of Eurovision's biggest overseas fans; they want to play the game too :p Then there's India and Bangladesh... you get so much more diversity when you add these countries.

I personally just find something awkward about Russia assuming the ownership and replacing the 'Asiavision' contest. Of course, they're Asia, and yes, it would be great for Russia to take part. But to steal it and rebrand it :? (OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration :lol: ) I must say I preferred the old idea in Singapore... I'm hoping so much that it's going ahead and the first NF pops up shortly! I have faith :D

aletem

Americavision would sound nice. In that case, a Carribean country would always win!!! :mrgreen: Some reggae, lambada style and latino dance all the way! :mrgreen:

paddyirl

It would work for South and Latin America with the languages and latin music but Canada and USA would kinda be the odd ones out.

I would love a South and Latin American contest.

nikolay_BG

Banned
Top Bottom