escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Mimmon

Veteran
So either of these acts I want to see represent Russia in Eurovision 2021
Oleg Miyami
2Mashi
Sergey Lazarev (yes I want to see him back...I know people will hate him but I like him)
Maybe Little Big aswell....
Zivert

Fluke

Little Big, obviously, if they want to win. Got a feeling Sergey's set up for one more try though, sooner or later. I'd love for them to just send more quirky entries like Manizha, that actually represent the variety of artists in Russia though.

A-lister

Veteran

Please save us from the horror!

I hope EBU will sanction the vile creature for obvious jury and televote tampering in ESC'21, so we'll hopefully not hear his kitsch music again (and while they're at it, a proper investigation should be made because I wouldn't be surprised if they will find tampering in other years too).

Russia 2021 is one of the best Russian entries ever!, they really shouldn't be discouraged by a #9, sure I think Manizha deserved better, but I think it was quite expected in the end of the day and still a top. 10 is good! If Russia will go down the 2013-2019 route again when they were one of the consistently worst Eurovision countries with dated pompous kitsch and silly peace ballads, then I dunno xshrug

Please Russia, don't go back to years of horror! You're a huge country, I can understand why some smaller countries might struggle to get entries and have to rely on either "help from abroad" or a certain set of songwriters, but you're not among those countries! 2021 marks the first year since 2003 (yes I love t.A.T.u even if that performance was a mess), I had Russia as my #1 and first time since 2009 Russia made it to my top. 3!

I hope that the top. 5 in ESC'21 showed that Europe wants more authentic and interesting music, that native languages is a plus not a minus.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Please save us from the horror!

I hope EBU will sanction the vile creature for obvious jury and televote tampering in ESC'21, so we'll hopefully not hear his kitsch music again (and while they're add it, a proper investigation should be made because I wouldn't be surprised if they will find tampering in other years too).

Russia 2021 is one of the best Russian entries ever!, they really shouldn't be discouraged by a #9, sure I think Manizha deserved better, but I think it was quite expected in the end of the day and still a top. 10 is good! If Russia will go down the 2013-2019 route again when they were one of the consistently worst Eurovision countries with dated pompous kitsch and silly peace ballads, then I dunno xshrug

Please Russia, don't go back to years of horror! You're a huge country, I can understand why some smaller countries might struggle to get entries and have to rely on either "help from abroad" or a certain set of songwriters, but you're not among those countries! 2021 marks the first year since 2003 (yes I love t.A.T.u even if that performance was a mess), I had Russia as my #1 and first time since 2009 Russia made it to my top. 3!

I hope that the top. 5 in ESC'21 showed that Europe wants more authentic and interesting music, that native languages is a plus not a minus.

exactly.. hope the russian broadcaster will prevent him... there must be a reason that they didn't have him for 2 years in a row..

A-lister

Veteran
Kirkorov means no Little Big, right? I guess that's the first 2022 major news...

I'm not a big of Little Big either, but obviously prefer them over Kirkorov.

Anyways, I wouldn't call this "news" as it could very well just be Kirkorov being... well... Kirkorov... fishing for attention and trying to hijack another song selection.

I hope the Russian broadcaster won't let themselves be held hostage by this man again, I know he's a friend of Putin but for crying out loud !!! If it's only about money, they have other producers that are influential and rich that are far better representation of the Russian music scene than this creature.

I'd much rather have Meladze which did the 2009- Russian entry, he's also influential but his music is far more connected to local music traditions. Why a country of around 140 million, the by far largest of all ESC countries, need to rely on one man this much is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
I hope Russian TV will organize NF again, but this time in advance, not suddenly.. :D
With 5-10 acts.. :)

Im amost 100% sure Little Big would have won televoting in 2020 with “Uno”

Mimmon

Veteran

Mimmon

Veteran
Please tell me it's fake.

https://panorama.pub/news/s-2022-goda-nomera-rossii-na-evrovidenii-budut-utverzhdatsya-gossovetom

Russian deputy from the ruling party filed a bill that allows the parliament to select their ESC representative starting from 2022 xfacepalm Basically "checking" their performer, lyrics and even choreo (lol), selected by the jury/televoters, if it corresponds to "state politics and moral compass".

"This year we had disgraceful performance, offensive to Russian women", after that he referred to Soviet times and suggested to resurrect the Artistic Council
zKnpn4q.gif
- a censorship body that used to decide what was wrong and what was right for Soviet culture.

I hope it's just blah blah, but knowing their previous reaction to Manizha...
YVJYVRq.gif
All what I got was Eror 404 so might be fake

AlekS

Veteran
^ It's working for me.

Edit: Nevermind, it's cited as unreliable source.

nnRg5OC.gif

Maybe "inspired" by this: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPnt2UvnYOz/
xlove

I personally think that the First Channel will stick to national selections, but VGTRK will have the internal selection next year. I don't like this info about Kirkorov.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Speaking of. Ilias Kokotos and Dimitris Kontopoulos are in Moscow.

Di89fkv.jpg

Working with Lorak or Lazarev?

Top Bottom