Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Carian

Russia is undiscriminately shelling civilian people of a foreign nation - in regions that have nothing to do whatsoever with Donbass etc. - and you still call this war a special military operation. Don't you think you are being a little bit hypocritical? I mean, just a little bit? ;)

Russian people WILL lose jobs, and daddies WILL get drunk. All results not of European hate, but of their own (albeit misinformed and brainwashed) choices to back Putin and keep him in power, or to get drunk and beat other people.

Russia is the Nazi country here, there's little point in denying it once you have studied enough history, all the signs of a totalitarian regime are there, be it the cult of personality and concentration of power in one person who keeps it for a long time, brainwashing the youth in special dedicated organizations, using symbols of terror, having a common enemy you intend to exterminate, finding pretexts of members of your own nation being abused in foreign lands to invade them, and bullying everyone around you to "just giving you a little more space to breathe", subsequently blaming others as responsible for war when they don't give in to your own unjustified demands.

One can be angry at USA, NATO, EU or Ukraine all they want, some of that anger will even be justified, but it still doesn't change anything about Russia currently being undeniably Nazi, no matter what anyone else around does or has ever done. And if we don't want to support a Nazi regime yet shouldn't send our troops there, there is only one solution - put all possible weight on its own people to end the said regime. If they don't, it is their own choice. As is yours when you are being apologetic of Russia even after all crimes it has done in the last 2 months.

P. S. Asja, my best friend from primary school, is Russian. She was the first one whom I saw put up a Ukrainian flag on her fb profile on 24. 2. No one hates her.
If Shnurov felt hated in Europe, he might have as well be a little more persistent. We have every right to be suspicious, the burden of proof is on him. Just as it was on Asja.
The only problem with your basic claim that Russia is a Nazi regime is that you will not find one single Russian soldier with a swastika, whereas there are numerous pictures and videos of dead or captured Ukrainian soldiers as well as foreign mercenaries with Nazi symbols tatooted onto their bodies.... Maybe you should listen to one of the interviews from Ukrainian national TV with Zelenskyi's first advisor Arestovich how he discusses the Russian "Untermenschen". Chilling, dude, chilling.
However, this is pointless. I am not here to argue who is on the right side of the history - only time will tell this, when this bloodshed is over. The point I was trying to make here is that it is idiotic to deny yourself the pleasure of enjoying the current Russian music just because Russian singers did not publicly reject Putin. People are literally writing this here that they stopped listening to Russian singers who did not spit on Putin. Come on, people. I do not support the Kiev regime, but just the other day I was listening to Svetlana Loboda's songs and I still think she is a magnificent artist, singer, and a wonderful power woman. I was listening to Ani Lorak's Zazhigay serdtse, 505's Imena moyo etc. Do you get it? Regardless of what I think of Zelensky, I do not see in Ani, Svetlana, or any other Ukrainian singer their politicians.
Jelena Rozga, one of the most famous and popular Croatian singers rejected and criticized Serbia and Serbians in 1990's, but only a couple of years later she had a huge concert in the biggest Belgrade venue. Serbians came in masses and sang along her old and new songs, even though Belgrade was bombed in 1999. Serbians were listening to Croatian singers on their radios all those years, when the two contries were in war. Common language and appreciation for music could not be destroyed despite stupid politicians.
Music, art, is transcendental, it goes beyond political convictions and helps us to rebuild bridges destroyed by politicians. However, I do not see anything like this on this forum in this particular thread. You are politicizing art/music, destroying all those bridges to reach the human side of people with whom you cannot find a common language otherwise. That's the hypocrisy I was calling out yesterday, today, and all these years when I was one of those who was always on the defense of Russian ESC entries.
To sum it up: I find it highly amuzing right now that English has the word "to balkanize" referring to the very turbulent history of Balkan. However, maybe you fine Westerners should get balkanized a little bit and learn from us Balkans that music is a fine thing, even if it is produced by your "enemy". I was always proud of the ex-Yugoslavia voting block, because I always saw it as a sign that all wounds are slowly healing between brotherly nations. The same will be with Russia and Ukraine. You cannot delete centuries of common history, you cannot regardless of how much hate you spew. And on this positive note, I am taking my farewell. Poison your souls with hatred, because you know how they say: Only more hatred can cure hatred. It is like that, right? ;)

Mainshow

Veteran
The problem is that levelling criticism at a Nazi and ultra-fascist regime committing war crimes such as shelling residential areas, looting, raping girls and women, ethnic cleansing, mass murdering and genocide
gets denounced as /referred to as "Russiaphobia" by that Nazi regime and their supporters.

I've been to Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Estonia, Latvia, Ukraine, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan and I've heard people speaking Russian and listening to Russian music everywhere.
I've been to Cyprus and Malta as well - lots of Russian tourists, immigrants, culture.

We've had Russian broadcasters in whole Europe, you can speak in Russian whenever you want and no one lost their jobs because of being Russian or speaking Russian or having Russian relatives.
Max Barskih and Loboda (Ukrainians who perform in Russian) as well as Dima Bilan, Sergey Lazarev and Elena Temnikova were allowed to play concerts in Europe without any problems.
We've even Russian discos and parties in my city (also Armenian, Turkish, Polish and Arab nights). You're welcome to visit my country and encounter how there's no "phobia" taking place. You can enroll youself at courses to study the Russian language at most universities (besides your regular studying career) for free if you wish to learn a new language. You can buy Polish, Jewish,.Turkish, Russian newspapers at each and every bigger kiosk/at train stations.

Your claim is a blatant lie. It's not "your own opinion". It makes me sick to my stomach that you try to justify people choosing to support a genocide because "Russian artists aren't successful in countries such as Portugal or Denmark" or dumb people believing blatant lies. Ridiculous.

HayashiM

Veteran
The only problem with your basic claim that Russia is a Nazi regime is that you will not find one single Russian soldier with a swastika, whereas there are numerous pictures and videos of dead or captured Ukrainian soldiers as well as foreign mercenaries with Nazi symbols tatooted onto their bodies...
I mean absolutely, keeping only half of the svastika (I mean, it does sort of make sense with all of Russia's embezzled public money that they couldn't afford the full package) changes absolutely everything about the rest of things I'd said about Russia! The Z is absolutely innocent!

Not.

(I hope you also support some further invasions of India, I mean, look at all the svastikas in their temples :D)

It's not about tatoos, it's about actual acts and military presence in foreign countries. I don't need universal crap of "music transcending everything". I don't hate Russians. But my country still got invaded twice in the last 80 years, once by Germany and once by Russia. Only one of those countries somewhat owned their crimes, and that country is not Russia. No more needs to be said.

Bye.

Rocket man

The only problem with your basic claim that Russia is a Nazi regime is that you will not find one single Russian soldier with a swastika, whereas there are numerous pictures and videos of dead or captured Ukrainian soldiers as well as foreign mercenaries with Nazi symbols tatooted onto their bodies.... Maybe you should listen to one of the interviews from Ukrainian national TV with Zelenskyi's first advisor Arestovich how he discusses the Russian "Untermenschen". Chilling, dude, chilling.
However, this is pointless. I am not here to argue who is on the right side of the history - only time will tell this, when this bloodshed is over. The point I was trying to make here is that it is idiotic to deny yourself the pleasure of enjoying the current Russian music just because Russian singers did not publicly reject Putin. People are literally writing this here that they stopped listening to Russian singers who did not spit on Putin. Come on, people. I do not support the Kiev regime, but just the other day I was listening to Svetlana Loboda's songs and I still think she is a magnificent artist, singer, and a wonderful power woman. I was listening to Ani Lorak's Zazhigay serdtse, 505's Imena moyo etc. Do you get it? Regardless of what I think of Zelensky, I do not see in Ani, Svetlana, or any other Ukrainian singer their politicians.
Jelena Rozga, one of the most famous and popular Croatian singers rejected and criticized Serbia and Serbians in 1990's, but only a couple of years later she had a huge concert in the biggest Belgrade venue. Serbians came in masses and sang along her old and new songs, even though Belgrade was bombed in 1999. Serbians were listening to Croatian singers on their radios all those years, when the two contries were in war. Common language and appreciation for music could not be destroyed despite stupid politicians.
Music, art, is transcendental, it goes beyond political convictions and helps us to rebuild bridges destroyed by politicians. However, I do not see anything like this on this forum in this particular thread. You are politicizing art/music, destroying all those bridges to reach the human side of people with whom you cannot find a common language otherwise. That's the hypocrisy I was calling out yesterday, today, and all these years when I was one of those who was always on the defense of Russian ESC entries.
To sum it up: I find it highly amuzing right now that English has the word "to balkanize" referring to the very turbulent history of Balkan. However, maybe you fine Westerners should get balkanized a little bit and learn from us Balkans that music is a fine thing, even if it is produced by your "enemy". I was always proud of the ex-Yugoslavia voting block, because I always saw it as a sign that all wounds are slowly healing between brotherly nations. The same will be with Russia and Ukraine. You cannot delete centuries of common history, you cannot regardless of how much hate you spew. And on this positive note, I am taking my farewell. Poison your souls with hatred, because you know how they say: Only more hatred can cure hatred. It is like that, right? ;)
Hell is waiting for people like you. (y)

Carian

I mean absolutely, keeping only half of the svastika (I mean, it does sort of make sense with all of Russia's embezzled public money that they couldn't afford the full package) changes absolutely everything about the rest of things I'd said about Russia! The Z is absolutely innocent!

Not.

(I hope you also support some further invasions of India, I mean, look at all the svastikas in their temples :D)

It's not about tatoos, it's about actual acts and military presence in foreign countries. I don't need universal crap of "music transcending everything". I don't hate Russians. But my country still got invaded twice in the last 80 years, once by Germany and once by Russia. Only one of those countries somewhat owned their crimes, and that country is not Russia. No more needs to be said.

Bye.
And since when are Ukrainians hindus??? I am confused.

Rocket man

Rather the regular paycheck from the russian ministery of propaganda, I would assume. :mrgreen::lol:
I just have zero tolerance for these people, you have to be mentally retarded to support russia and what they are doing, even if it's just for the money.

Carian

The problem is that levelling criticism at a Nazi and ultra-fascist regime committing war crimes such as shelling residential areas, looting, raping girls and women, ethnic cleansing, mass murdering and genocide
gets denounced as /referred to as "Russiaphobia" by that Nazi regime and their supporters.

I've been to Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Estonia, Latvia, Ukraine, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan and I've heard people speaking Russian and listening to Russian music everywhere.
I've been to Cyprus and Malta as well - lots of Russian tourists, immigrants, culture.

We've had Russian broadcasters in whole Europe, you can speak in Russian whenever you want and no one lost their jobs because of being Russian or speaking Russian or having Russian relatives.
Max Barskih and Loboda (Ukrainians who perform in Russian) as well as Dima Bilan, Sergey Lazarev and Elena Temnikova were allowed to play concerts in Europe without any problems.
We've even Russian discos and parties in my city (also Armenian, Turkish, Polish and Arab nights). You're welcome to visit my country and encounter how there's no "phobia" taking place. You can enroll youself at courses to study the Russian language at most universities (besides your regular studying career) for free if you wish to learn a new language. You can buy Polish, Jewish,.Turkish, Russian newspapers at each and every bigger kiosk/at train stations.

Your claim is a blatant lie. It's not "your own opinion". It makes me sick to my stomach that you try to justify people choosing to support a genocide because "Russian artists aren't successful in countries such as Portugal or Denmark" or dumb people believing blatant lies. Ridiculous.
You know what bothers me about your post? When I wrote a similar post about two months ago and listed my political arguments here, I was deleted. Now, nothing happens, although I have just reacted to people's posts here. It wasn't me who was writing here that I wouldn't listen to Ukrainian artists just because I disagree with their national politics.

Rocket man

That light was meant for the darkest corners of your heart, dear. Sending you love, let it in. Even if we disagree, we are all humans at the end of the day.
I'm not the one supporting russian murderers , russian rapists, and russian thieves. I have morals and a soul.

Last edited:

EscGeek

Veteran
Carian raised some good points:xpopcorn
1-Why punish yourself by boycotting musicians you used to enjoy just because they don't share your political or moral views?xshrug
2-Former yugoslav countires are friends despite what happened not that long ago and i think ukraine & belarus and russia should learn from us once the war is over.

And now to speak to you in eurovision language:
I don't feel hate (towards russian people), i just feel sorry (for the victims of the war)

Rocket man

Carian raised some good points:xpopcorn
1-Why punish yourself by boycotting musicians you used to enjoy just because they don't share your political or moral views?xshrug
2-Former yugoslav countires are friends despite what happened not that long ago and i think ukraine & belarus and russia should learn from us once the war is over.

And now to speak to you in eurovision language:
I don't feel hate (towards russian people), i just feel sorry (for the victims of the war)
Why would you want to listen to and watch russian artists if their country believes in killing all Ukrainian people, and threatening the world with nuclear war it seems every week?

Bmbriga

I highly recommend you to watch a few of reports by the freelance American reporter Patrick Lancaster.
My advice to any person with IQ higher than room temperature... Don't do it!
You're not going to get the time back and you will feel your brain has been violated afterwards.

For those unfamiliar with Lancaster's reporting. This is the quality of his (fake) reporting (warning:graphic)

Right now he's in Mariupol finding bodies with branded swastikas, conveniently covered with Ukrainian uniforms, because of course he is... xcoffee

Mainshow

Veteran
I don´t care about the political orientation of artists. They can be left, liberal, conservative and even right-wing (as long as it´s not touching racism territory). I haven´t stopped listening to t.A.T.u. even though I was utterly disappointed and hurt by Yulia´s statements on homosexuality but eventually, I was able to distinguish the music from the artist. However, if she had supported the concenration camps for gay people in Cechnya or the death penality for homosexuals in certain countries, I would have stopped listening to them as well, though.

Honestly, I don´t even know most of the beliefs and views of the recording artists I am frequently listening to.

This issue right now is completely different, though, and I´m shocked that a few of you don´t want to see it that way: If an artist supports an on-going genocide and ethnic cleansing by performing at events of a fascist regime and if these artists are very vocal about it, I don´t want to listen to them anymore. They are complicit in these heinous crimes.

I haven´t stopped listening to Russian music - I simply started to question "does artist X support killing innocent people" - it´s nothing compared to "I still listen to Lobodo even though she´s Ukrainian".

Ethnicity. Skin colour. Nationality. None of these matters to me when I´m listening to music (or in real life). I saw Sergey Lazarev live and voted for Russia back in 2016.
If they support heinous crimes such as unprovoked wars, rapes and genocides and I´m aware of it, I simply can´t and don´t want to listen to them anymore, though. No matter who they are and where they come from.

I´m not punishing myself. I simply have morals.

I´ve had some "difficult" time to listen to Russian artists without knowing their stance on this - I admitted that but IF I learn about them supporting this genocide, I will stop listening/supporting them. Easy as that.

Thus, I appreciate it when other forum members post about Russian Eurovision artists if they perform for the fascist regime or support this invasion, war and genocide so that I can consciously decide whether I will continue supporting that artist (listening to their music/purchasing their songs on iTunes) or not.

Last edited:

HarryUK

Veteran
Well, I've been listening to many many many first-hand interviews of Russian and Western reporters from Mariupol over the last (almost) two months, and the citizens weren't actually cursing Putin and Russian soldiers, but rather the other side. Don't get me wrong, I am just saying what I've hearing from direct reports and on-ground interviews from cities in Donbass. If you do not know where you can find these interviews and see it for yourself, I highly recommend you to watch a few of reports by the freelance American reporter Patrick Lancaster. He's been 8 years in Donbass and he is interviewing people who actually survived the horrors of war. Turn on English subtitles and learn the truth about who is commiting atrocities in Donbass.

As for the Russian artists and celebrities, I have information for you all. There were many of them who were vocally opposing the Russian special operation in Ukraine at first. Some even left Russia out of protest. The most notable names were Ala Pugachova (ethnic Russian), her husband Galkin (born in Ukraine), Vera Brezhnyeva (born in Ukraine), Svetlana Loboda (born in Ukraine) etc. Nevertheless, the vast majority of them returned in the last couple of weeks back to Russia with tails between their legs, after they had realized that Europeans literally hate Russians and nobody wants them. Nevertheless, it seems right now that their Russian fans and audience despise them too and resent them for betraying their country and running away and leaving them there. Basically, all of these Russian megastars are right now not desired neither in Europe/West nor in Russia and their careers will or better said, already have suffered immense blows. It will probably take them years to revive their careers.

In any case, for all of you who are wondering what is actually happening with Russian singers whom you may have loved before they disappointed you because they choose their homelands instead of your "love", let me tell you the story about the singer of one of the most famous Russian bands called Leningrad. Leningrad's singer and leader Sergey Shnurov was always criticizing Putin and his leadership, Putin's party, and he publicly expressed his discontent with the Russian annexation of Crimea in 2014. Nevertheless, please, go and watch the clip of his group Leningrad called "Dogs and Russians forbidden (to enter)". After watching the clip, you will see that even those Russians who opposed Putin until February this year, were obviously shocked by the Russophobia in Europe and the entire West. This very tangeable and real Russophobia in the West has propelled Putin's approval ratings and support for the special operation in Ukraine among Russians within 10 days from 65% to almost 80%.

So, keep hating Russians, people. You are doing favor to Putin. Your hate is feeding Putin's popularity among Russians. Next, ask yourselves, why do you demand from Russian singers to hate their homeland? Polish mistreat the Ukrainian Roma refugees and did not want to accept refugees from the Near East along with Czech and Slovaks, even though their armies were also in Iraq and Afganisthan within NATO, French committed war crimes in Mali in Africa as recently as two months ago, and nobody seems to bother about it... Don't you think you are being a little bit hypocritical? I mean, just a little bit??? Oh, and don't forget to feel good about yourselves when you will hear that because of your contempt for Putin, people will lose jobs, daddies will get drunk, beat their wives and kids... And there will be hunger in Africa, Asia, and South America, because we blocked Russia from selling their wheat to these countries. There are so many reasons to feel good about yourselves, because you showed the middle-finger to Putin and these horrible Russians.

PS: Lazarev and Gagarina have always been and still are Putin's people. And Kirkorov is actually a Moldovan himself, but he has lived all his life in Russia... @Mrm , love you man! I hope you are doing well!
I'm actually lost for words. I'm more than disappointed in the likes of Polina Gagarina & Sergey Lazarev - but outraged. How dare they put their homeland above the lives of millions in another country, and for what? For what exactly? I couldn't care less about not 'loving' them anymore - for me the very aspect of basic human rights trumps that. Russia have committed war crimes and are attempting what can only be described as a genocide against a sovereign nation and its people.

Putin is a Nazi. Russia is a Nazi state. You are also displaying elements of Nazi sympathising, which I hope isn't the case.

Goodbye.

1. No Nazi's in Russia?

And how about this fellow leader of Putin's Wagner group?

Screenshot-20220306-003017-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20220306-003023-Chrome.jpg

And why would Putin's paramilitary call themselves Wagnerites? They love opera? 🤭

If it's out of love for Germany, why didn't they take a name after a famous German Karl Marx, founder of the ideology that governed Soviet Union, who was conveniently even born in what is today Russian territory, Kaliningrad (Königsbeg).

Out of all Germans they chose noone but Wagner. A coincidence. Pure love for opera. 🤣

2. Nazis in Ukraine. Everything about them was said by Ukrainian chief rabbi who said the Jews had been discriminated more in Soviet Union than ever in Ukraine.

But statistics is what never lies.

Only 2% of Ukrainians voted for far right Azov affiliated party in past parliamentary elections.

75% of Ukrainians elected a President who is Jewish and Russian speaking from birth.

45% in France voted for antisemitic and antianything Marine Le Pen. Let's denazify France.

3. Oh the Balkan singers topic and the story of great love between conflicting nations during the 90's war you try to sell here.

Lucky Croats whose songs the Serbs loved to play while they were butchering thousands of Croats in Vukovar. The Bosniak singers whose songs they played while butchering 8000 people in Srebrenica. How lovely of Serbs. They actually loved us and it unfairly went unnoticed to us. We should thank them! 🤪

The Bosniak Croat singer Hari Mata Hari must be very proud when he hears his song on 01:00 of this video sang by YNA and Serb paramilitaries in occupied, destroyed to ruble and butchered Vukovar. Btw the song was played right before the famous chant: "Slobo send some salad, there will be meat, we will butcher Croats.". 🤪 These are btw footages from Serbian TV documentary with interviews with Serbian journalists, not some Croat propaganda.

All in all, people like Balasevic and Rambo Amadeus who said in public broadcast to Milosevic's regime to eF off have always been welcomed here.

People like Zdravko Colic who refused to perform during war as well. He now spends more time in CRO than in Serbia.

But people like Bora Corba who said he doesn't know how many people were butchered in Srebrenica as he doesn't know how to count, and a wife of a war criminal and butcher Arkan, Ceca, who both sang and performed for Milosevic's regime and propaganda are not welcomed anywhere.

If I saw them dying I wouldn't have given them a hand. They can burn in hell as far as I am concerned.

Also, every time I see people writing this type of propaganda that relativises war and war crimes and ethnic hate, I recall how great the Jews are. They label them forever publicly and work on excluding them from the society until they die.

Best wishes to this thread that has become Putler's trolling propaganda. 🤣

Last edited:

Carian

1. No Nazi's in Russia?

And how about this fellow leader of Putin's Wagner group?

Screenshot-20220306-003017-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20220306-003023-Chrome.jpg

And why would Putin's paramilitary call themselves Wagnerites? They love opera? 🤭

If it's out of love for Germany, why didn't they take a name after a famous German Karl Marx, founder of the ideology that governed Soviet Union, who was conveniently even born in what is today Russian territory, Kaliningrad (Königsbeg).

Out of all Germans they chose noone but Wagner. A coincidence. Pure love for opera. 🤣

2. Nazis in Ukraine. Everything about them was said by Ukrainian chief rabbi who said the Jews had been discriminated more in Soviet Union than ever in Ukraine.

But statistics is what never lies.

Only 2% of Ukrainians voted for far right Azov affiliated party in past parliamentary elections.

75% of Ukrainians elected a President who is Jewish and Russian speaking from birth.

45% in France voted for antisemitic and antianything Marine Le Pen. Let's denazify France.

3. Oh the Balkan singers topic and the story of great love between conflicting nations during the 90's war you try to sell here.

Lucky Croats whose songs the Serbs loved to play while they were butchering thousands of Croats in Vukovar. The Bosniak singers whose songs they played while butchering 8000 people in Srebrenica. How lovely of Serbs. They actually loved us and it unfairly went unnoticed to us. We should thank them! 🤪

The Bosniak Croat singer Hari Mata Hari must be very proud when he hears his song on 01:00 of this video sang by YNA and Serb paramilitaries in occupied, destroyed to ruble and butchered Vukovar. Btw the song was played right before the famous chant: "Slobo send some salad, there will be meat, we will butcher Croats.". 🤪 These are btw footages from Serbian TV documentary with interviews with Serbian journalists, not some Croat propaganda.

All in all, people like Balasevic and Rambo Amadeus who said in public broadcast to Milosevic's regime to eF off have always been welcomed here.

People like Zdravko Colic who refused to perform during war as well. He now spends more time in CRO than in Serbia.

But people like Bora Corba who said he doesn't know how many people were butchered in Srebrenica as he doesn't know how to count, and a wife of a war criminal and butcher Arkan, Ceca, who both sang and performed for Milosevic's regime and propaganda are not welcomed anywhere.

If I saw them dying I wouldn't have given them a hand. They can burn in hell as far as I am concerned.

Also, every time I see people writing this type of propaganda that relativises war and war crimes and ethnic hate, I recall how great the Jews are. They label them forever publicly and work on excluding them from the society until they die.

Best wishes to this thread that has become Putler's trolling propaganda. 🤣

You are focusing on negative examples to justify this idiocy here. As I said, one thing is politics the other thing is music, culture, and art, but if you wish to stick to your opinion that it is fine and cool and great to hate others, be my guest.
Guys, you are missing the point, and based on your posts and reactions, I can actually relate to Russians (of all political backgrounds) who are appalled and shocked by this Russophobia pouring from various online forums and media in the West. I hope you understand that Russophobia is actually just another name for racism directed at a specific nation (in this case, Russians). However, it is still racism, and yes, I just called you racists. I am sorry, but that's what it is.

PS: I loved ESC my entire life, but this politization of ESC in recent years has just killed it. You guys killed it for me. I am bewildered by the negativism that is coming from the ESC fanbase. I really do not want be identified with racists... And this year it will be probably for the first time that I am not watching ESC in the last 33 years.

Top Bottom