• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Поле, поле, поле, я ж мала
Поле, поле, поле, так мала
Как пройти по полю из огня
Как пройти по полю, если ты одна?
А-а-а, ждать мне чьей-то ручечки, ручки?
А-а-а, а кто подаст мне ручку, девочки?
Испокон веков с ночи до утра
С ночи-ночи ждём мы корабля, ждём мы корабля
Очень-очень ждём мы корабля, ждём мы корабля, ждём мы корабля
А чё ждать? Встала и пошла

Хай-ха, хай-ха
Эй, эй
Every Russian woman needs to know (Ха, ха)
You're strong enough to bounce against the wall (Эй, эй)

Шо там хорохорится? Ой, красавица
Ждешь своего юнца, ой, красавица
Тебе уж за 30, алло, где же дети?
Ты в целом красива, но вот похудеть бы
Надень подлиннее, надень покороче
Росла без отца, делай то, что не хочет
Ты точно не хочешь? (Не хочешь, а надо)
Послушайте, правда, мы с вами не стадо
Вороны, прошу отвалите-е-е

Теперь зарубите себе на носу
Я вас не виню, а себя я чертовски люблю
Борются, борются
Все по кругу борются, да не молятся
Сын без отца, ночь без отца
Но сломанной family не сломать меня, а

Хай-ха, хай-ха
Эй, эй
You're strong enough (Эй, эй)

Эй, русский женщин, давай, голосуй за меня
Да, you're strong enough, you're strong enough
Don't be afraid (Don't be afraid)
Don't be afraid, don't be afraid

Теперь зарубите себе на носу
Я вас не виню, а себя я чертовски люблю
Борются, борются
Все по кругу борются, да не молятся
Сын без отца, ночь без отца
Но сломанной family не сломать меня, а
Хай-ха, хай-ха
Эй, эй
О-о-о​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
Manizha was fantastic yesterday. Holy shit, it was powerful. Well done. Now please do well in the final!

I was not a fan of the faces on the LED screen, I got Sisters flashbacks because of it, lol. It was not a nice memory.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
We had a samovar with a samovar's doll at home. Yes that's right.
I like staging. Does anyone else think Manizha might be NQ? She will be in the final, I am sure, in the top half of the table.
I didn't know that 'Samovarnaya kukla' is a thing, wow. It is only today I learnt about it existing. I guess I don't know much about Russian culture.

Fluke

It's really more of a performance act than a song, but i guess people really enjoyed it and got the message. Daring choice for Russia, it might pay off.

Lance Esgard

After finding out who was on the LED wall, I found myself actually tearing up a little seeing it.
If you don't know who they are, it's just a bunch of people although two stand out as unexpected choices for Russia in a drag queen and someone whocould be a trans person.

But if you do know who at least some them are, it can have a lot more impact. Jeangu sings "your rhythm is rebellion" and for at least some of those women up there, their rhythm is rebellion.
This isn't taking a selfie and sending it to randomly be selected to appear.

This isn't my kind of song, but the live performance has an energy and an authenticity I cannot deny. The use of live backing singers over prerecorded vocals is something I will always praise.

Last edited:

Franzilein

This isn't my kind of song, but the live performance has an energy and an authenticity I cannot deny. The use of live backing singers over prerecorded vocals is something I will always praise.

This so much! I also love how a Russian performer isn't dressed in pure innocent white (or light colour) for once. You know, as in 2013,14,15,18,19... lol.

GermanBango

It saddens me that she is apparently facing this huge backlash at home. She’s amazing and her message deserves to be heard.

Mrm

Veteran
Fantastic entry!

My no2 this year, I hope and believe she will do really well, she deserves it..

Manizha's perfromance is a top class.. That is the whole act, like a theatre, drama, singing, rapping..
🙂

A-lister

Veteran
Gooo Manizha! Kick ass tonight! xcheer

EBU made sure to make it hard for you with that running order, but you will remain my personal fav of the year!

Geborgenheit

Gooo Manizha! Kick ass tonight! xcheer

EBU made sure to make it hard for you with that running order, but you will remain my personal fav of the year!

What exactly do you like the most about the Russian song? The message? There is no melody and not much singing in my opinion, but Manizha is a nice person and the message of the song is good, in my opinion.

A-lister

Veteran
What exactly do you like the most about the Russian song? The message? There is no melody and not much singing in my opinion, but Manizha is a nice person and the message of the song is good, in my opinion.

I don't care about the message (as important as it might be), I like the general package, I think it's a super cool track, it's different and daring, the combo of contemporary, Russian folk, Central-Asian ethnic vibes, this is right down my alley and imo the best thing Russia sent to Eurovision since the grannies. Oh and there certainly is melody here, the ethnic-choir part is very melodic to these ears, the ethnic-vibe is cool and the "every Russian woman needs to know..." is super hooky... not everything needs to be conventionally "sung" to be catchy.

Russia between 2013-2019 was such a bore with all these Kirkorov/Kontopoulos kitsch and peace ballads, like yuck. Russia is such a big country and has so much more potential and this at least has some authenticity to it, it feels like it properly represents the artist but also Russia in a sense. All the entries between 2013-2019 were completely fake and artificial, specially made for Eurovision with little connection to the artists or Russian music in general.

Iker

Veteran
This so much! I also love how a Russian performer isn't dressed in pure innocent white (or light colour) for once. You know, as in 2013,14,15,18,19... lol.
Wow. Indeed. Somehow I've never made this connection.

A-lister

Veteran
I agree with @A-lister here 100%!

Vote for Russia, A-lister! xyaaay

I did vote for it...

Happy to see it manage top. 10, I obviously wanted more since it's my #1 this year but I didn't expect it to be much higher, interestingly though it did better with juries and worse with televoters than I expected (I think with the latter the bad running-order could have had a negative impact, but then again what were the Russian diaspora doing that normally vote like crazy or do they really dislike her that much?).

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

NeoTen

I'm a big fan of the peace ballads and pop-dance Russia sent, but.. the message of this song was awesome though. And the fact that she or her team didn't go nude is a very fine plus. This was indeed what Poland 2014 should've been.

Top Bottom