8 4.3%

34 18.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Russia-scaled.jpg

empo21

Veteran
Russian entrants chosen by Russian broadcast company probably controlled by Russia government might be homophobic.

*pretends to be shocked*

tuorem

I love how people judge them and label them somehow homophobes while most of the europe and the world are a clear russophobes...

You know, "tolerance" of modern times is a one-way concept: do what I say, but don't do what I do. 🙄

Anyway, Mr. 🐻 is in, and that is good news! So who's going to be ditched then? The woman or the man? 🤔

Kitakaze

I love how people judge them and label them somehow homophobes while most of the europe and the world are a clear russophobes...

You’re kidding with that comparison, right? Last time I checked it’s not illegal to be Russian, and Russians aren’t persecuted, imprisoned or executed for simply being Russian in any part of the world. The Putin government is busy doing that to minorities themselves and they’re the real reason any anti-Russian sentiment is even perpetuated these days at all.

tuorem

Care to elaborate? Tolerance is one thing, persecution on the other hand...

I'll be quick because we've already discussed that countless times (and politics aren't allowed here).

1) I am against any form of discrimination, including the hypocritical behaviour of some so-called progressives who like to lecture people for a cause while thinking they're entitled to stigmatise them in the name of it.

2) Starting morals inquisitions in a music contest is like pointless and irrelevant.

3) A government that has anti-LGBT laws doesn't make a whole nation homophobic. Conversely, a nation that is considered progressive doesn't make homophobes disappear on their territory. Black-and-white thinking is what hurts many causes imho.

Sultana

You’re kidding with that comparison, right? Last time I checked it’s not illegal to be Russian, and Russians aren’t persecuted, imprisoned or executed for simply being Russian in any part of the world. The Putin government is busy doing that to minorities themselves and they’re the real reason any anti-Russian sentiment is even perpetuated these days at all.

I don´t know where you live, but I live in Russia and there are lots of gay clubs and I study with 4 open gays and my friend is an open gay too and no one sees any problem. My 2 professors are gays and everyone doesn´t care, so please don´t exxagerate the sotuation what GOVERNMENT tells and what THE REALITY is are the different things, besides no one rly kidnaps you for being gay here. 90% of such RARE cases are happening in Chechen Republic which, to be honest, is a facepalm for the entire Russia and we don´t even consider them Russians as they even can´t speak Russian properly and they live like in the Medieval times (they even abuse their women) but its a chechen republic about which no one gives a single damn, only facepalms.

And russophobia is truly real and truly exists as well as homophobia and both doesn´t belong to a particular country. I faced russophobia in Europe and I know what I am talking about, its not that cool to be oppressed no matter who you are and whom you love.

however, the point is not in this. The point is that a video which leaked with an awful subtitles is a clear sabotage by lithuanians, because if they presented THE COMPLETE story you would see the frontman kissing backvocalist and frontman saying with his wife that their attitude towards LGBTQ+ is OK and they completely tolerant. And even in the video you saw Ilyich said couple of times that he is ok with gays, if they were SOOO INTOLERANT they would never even come to Gay Parade. Its just a sabotage and all your reactions are just a new reason to mock Little Big, basing only on your one-side 'truth' about homophobia in Russia. As its so easy for you to believe that we all hate here gays than to accept that we are actually tolerant towards them.

What strikes me more I have seen a stand up show of Eddie Murphy from ´80s where he says faggot and mocks gays for like 1,5 hr and the audience went crazy and approves it and no one up to this day told that Eddie Murphy or the entire America are homophobes. If they approve gay marriages and tolerance on the state level it doesn´t mean that homophobes are gone... And what is more, in 2002 Russia sent TATU to ESC and most of the people were afraid that they will kiss, while in Russia they played on this field for a long time AND IT WERE EARLY 2000´s and they even kissed in videos and everyone was like OK. You think too narrow my sweet summer child, too narrow.

Sultana

It reminds me of Mans´ times of participation when he was a favourite to win and SOMEONE leaked his anti gay interviews, where he clearly said that he didn´t love them AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE NOW he is a gay icon
stop thinking so narrow and cut your russophobia and your biased attitude please, because I am tbh sick and tired of listening to the same old song which has nothing with the reality we live in.

Sultana

Anyway, Mr. 🐻 is in, and that is good news! So who's going to be ditched then? The woman or the man? 🤔

The backsingers are Florida( its her real name lol) and Yura, both of them play a role in making vocals of main singers rich. They wont drop them besides they have announced that they will participate and perform on the stage. From what I saw and from what I can judge they will drop the guy with piano, a member of their group who does pretty nothing in this song. They won´t drop the one with clown smile as he is also a singer and can provide them a vocal support, and also he says uno uno XD but I am confused really, if ESC is going to be postponed Florida may not participate as she is the lead singer of the group Leningrad which is huuuge here. Or Yura may not be able as he is also the frontman of the group The Hatters which is also huge here.

Kitakaze

I'll be quick because we've already discussed that countless times (and politics aren't allowed here).

1) I am against any form of discrimination, including the hypocritical behaviour of some so-called progressives who like to lecture people for a cause while thinking they're entitled to stigmatise them in the name of it.

2) Starting morals inquisitions in a music contest is like pointless and irrelevant.

3) A government that has anti-LGBT laws doesn't make a whole nation homophobic. Conversely, a nation that is considered progressive doesn't make homophobes disappear on their territory. Black-and-white thinking is what hurts many causes imho.

I don’t mean to drag this out but how exactly does challenging the homophobic rhetoric in the video equate to being hypocritical? Why the automatic assumption that everyone taking issue with it is anti-Russian or somehow guilty of discrimination themselves? With the odd exception, from what I’ve seen here and elsewhere, no one has retaliated unfairly by stigmatising Russian culture or attacking the artists themselves. This was never a political discussion.

Let’s also not pretend that Eurovision is just a music contest. There are moral standards of equality and foundations that the contest was built upon. I hate to sound preachy but this is exactly why there’ll always be an outcry when artists go against the values.

Kitakaze

I don´t know where you live, but I live in Russia and there are lots of gay clubs and I study with 4 open gays and my friend is an open gay too and no one sees any problem. My 2 professors are gays and everyone doesn´t care, so please don´t exxagerate the sotuation what GOVERNMENT tells and what THE REALITY is are the different things, besides no one rly kidnaps you for being gay here. 90% of such RARE cases are happening in Chechen Republic which, to be honest, is a facepalm for the entire Russia and we don´t even consider them Russians as they even can´t speak Russian properly and they live like in the Medieval times (they even abuse their women) but its a chechen republic about which no one gives a single damn, only facepalms.

And russophobia is truly real and truly exists as well as homophobia and both doesn´t belong to a particular country. I faced russophobia in Europe and I know what I am talking about, its not that cool to be oppressed no matter who you are and whom you love.

however, the point is not in this. The point is that a video which leaked with an awful subtitles is a clear sabotage by lithuanians, because if they presented THE COMPLETE story you would see the frontman kissing backvocalist and frontman saying with his wife that their attitude towards LGBTQ+ is OK and they completely tolerant. And even in the video you saw Ilyich said couple of times that he is ok with gays, if they were SOOO INTOLERANT they would never even come to Gay Parade. Its just a sabotage and all your reactions are just a new reason to mock Little Big, basing only on your one-side 'truth' about homophobia in Russia. As its so easy for you to believe that we all hate here gays than to accept that we are actually tolerant towards them.

What strikes me more I have seen a stand up show of Eddie Murphy from ´80s where he says faggot and mocks gays for like 1,5 hr and the audience went crazy and approves it and no one up to this day told that Eddie Murphy or the entire America are homophobes. If they approve gay marriages and tolerance on the state level it doesn´t mean that homophobes are gone... And what is more, in 2002 Russia sent TATU to ESC and most of the people were afraid that they will kiss, while in Russia they played on this field for a long time AND IT WERE EARLY 2000´s and they even kissed in videos and everyone was like OK. You think too narrow my sweet summer child, too narrow.

It’s very interesting to hear your perspective though I’m afraid you’ve confused my comments with that of others somewhere or ironically made assumptions based off my nationality.
As someone who is well traveled of course I already know the reality of living somewhere is never what it seems from a distance. If you read my post correctly you’ll know I specifically only mentioned the Putin government as being discriminatory, not Russian people. I’m afraid the video is not “obviously sabotaged by Lithuanians” to me but perhaps it is for you.

I live in Hokkaido, not far from Sakhalin, not that that should make any difference.

Carian

anyways it all doesnt make any sense right now as the esc 2020 is cancelled.

I like you Sultana from Imperial Harem xcheers Don't go waisting your breath for haters. I am tired of them. Besides, if you'd like to live in Europe and feel welcome, you should move to Slovenia. I hear a lot of Russian in Ljubljana streets recently. And Slovenians like Russians. We don't have a murky, turbulent history with Russia, so you enjoy a very positive picture/attitude. :giggle:xcheers

PS: Your nickname reminds me of Dana International and her huge hit song in Arabic "Saida Sultana". Though I don't speak Arabic, I always laugh when I hear the line ANA HARMANA which is Arabized Hebrew and means "I am horny" :lol:

Alaska49

so um we can go back to The Discourse later

right now, like, channel one? will you send them in 2021? please say yes?

Kitakaze

I’m more than happy for them to come back. I just don’t see why they wouldn’t address the video for their own sake rather than rely on fans to do it for them so tenuously. Everyone seems to have moved on by now, but all the same.

r3gg13

This song would have done so well with both the tele votes and jury votes. It might sound like a quirky outlandish entry, but it's actually a well structured and composed song. Also, the performers are top notch. This could have easily won this year.

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

LastDreamer

Banned
This could have easily won this year.
For political reasons :ru: don't have any chances for win in the next 4-5 years.

Top Bottom