8 4.3%

34 18.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Russia-scaled.jpg

crashworld

Veteran
This song will be killed by juries. We are in 2020, silly songs like this that used to do well in the late 90s or early 2000s are not going to do well now.

If I'm still a tween, perhaps I'll like it. But now as an adult, this song by Russian Aqua has no place in my current playlist.

Giving it a 1 for the potential joy they are bringing. But if you guys want ESC to evolve and be more credible, this song should not even come close to winning ESC.

Mrm

Veteran
The fate of this song will be either Twin Twin - Moustache either Netta - Toy

Hmmm I extremely LOVED both.. :D

But you have to think about country which it represents too..

If it ends like TWIN TWIN, it will be a non qualifier, and I cant see that happen in a semi with Belarus, Lithuania, Israel, Azerbaijan and Ukraine..

And if it qualifies, when Russia ended in the bottom 3? :unsure::unsure:

Again, Netta won the whole thing, and I can't see this winning the whole thing, probably, due to jury..

stephanos13

This song will be killed by juries. We are in 2020, silly songs like this that used to do well in the late 90s or early 2000s are not going to do well now.

If I'm still a tween, perhaps I'll like it. But now as an adult, this song by Russian Aqua has no place in my current playlist.

Giving it a 1 for the potential joy they are bringing. But if you guys want ESC to evolve and be more credible, this song should not even come close to winning ESC.

Painful reminder for me that you apparently forgot.

Fuego lost to Toy just 2 years ago!!!

crashworld

Veteran
No way they don't qualify

I'm not saying they won't qualify. I can see this doing a Keiino at most. And I'm being generous. Because Keiino does not have a song in direct competition with them. But Russia has 2 other acts that are in similar vein, so they will be lucky if they can win the televote.

Sultana

Killed by jurries for Russia means everything lower then 1st place :ROFLMAO: i remember Lazarev got 5th and everyone said jury result is super bad (like really, most of countries cant even dream about it)
yasna. tvoe super objectivnoe i "ne predvzyatoe" nihuya mnenie kotoroe ti vidayesh za universal truth, tipa vot tak ono na samom dele da, aga agaaaa. Prosto bombish chto dostoyno, a ne kak vsegda vot i vse.

wtf

The juries won't ever kill Russia like they did Keiino. I can see a result similar to 2012 but there's no Euphoria this year so with a big enough televoting support they could still win. :)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Holy fuck :lol: that VC clip is the best laugh I've had in weeks. PLEASE SEND IT EXACTLY LIKE THAT.

oh and take my well-earned :10:, with a possible margin for :12: if it remains funny.

Sultana

In my opinion, which is not biased (though I am russian and I´ve been supporting LB since announcement) this entry may go two ways: FLOP or TOP. I DO HOPE it wont Flop otherwise Russia AGAIN will send boring shtty ballads about peace. In case of TOP I hope for at least top 10 result for this song, because it deserves, because its unique, its catchy and its not maybe in Russian (sadly) but at least its multilingual and has FOR THE FIRST TIME EVERRRR Spanish in it. For Russia its a phenomenon. As for the win, it will be a race between Switzerland, Azerbaijan and someone apart from fan favourite.

Fluke

Okay, so even for the "genre" this is inanely repetitive and simple. The composition and arrangement is flat and uninspired, nothing really happens in the song except for predictable breaks and then the exact same chorus over and over. Not even a key change, which i almost saw coming!

The staging is just the kind of ironic, intentionally uncool kitsch that everyone got sick of in the late 90s, even the lyric hooks are overused - why didn't they throw in some Russian instead?!?

So what is the outlook for this.... i think final is pretty much likely anyway, it's Russia we're talking about and this being a uptempo joke entry, it can't really fail the same way "I Won't Break" did. Left side maybe possible, but it's basically competing with a number of highly superior kitschy / weird dance numbers, and i think they're very much aware of it.

Overall, i can kind of appreciate what they try to do, bring back a type of joke entry we haven't seen for many years, but they really could have done it a lot better. Not in my favorites this year, but i'm gonna be curious to see it on stage and how it'll do!

crashworld

Veteran
Painful reminder for me that you apparently forgot.

Fuego lost to Toy just 2 years ago!!!

To be honest, I won't even compare this to "Toy". "Toy" at least has a message behind her song, which coincides with the #metoo movement. "Toy" at least sounds interesting and fresh at that point in time. Although I still find the staging super off and she's lucky she still managed to win (though considering there isn't a worthy winning song in 2018).

Mrm

Veteran
It's on repeat for me! xyaaay :lol:

Realest

12 Points, wouldnt mind if it won.

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Zonne147

I have expected this to be worse tbh, their other songs are worst imo...

This is definitely catchy, and the best thing for me is the Spanish vibe, it stays in your ear/head... Is this necessarily good? Does catchyness mean quality?? The verses are enjoyable but a bit annoying and the chorus is... nothing. They have skipped the three :ROFLMAO:
I sometimes like random stupid things and this is not good randomness for me. I respect the professionalism on a song and Imo this has almost nothing about that.

Despite they have been growing on me, Iceland had my last place but they have a better song. :3: points because at least I can appreciate the verses a little bit... Juries to save me xpray

A grower??? Maybe...

Nemo89

What a disappointment! xcry It seems the bad copy of those cheerful South American songs xwall ... it is also so repetitive that after the first 30 seconds the first signs of mental imbalance begin to appear in the listener xcrazy ... at a certain point, I saw a raven and I asked "Will this song end?" xhelp ... - Quoth the raven, "Nevermore"-. In order not to get lost in madness I had to remove the song with my own hands ... xcrazy

Top Bottom