3 1.6%

8 4.3%

34 18.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Russia-scaled.jpg

Sabiondo

Do the right thing Russia. Send Manizha pls n thanks.

I dobut that Russians will pick a foreign for representing then next year, if Nargiz which is more famous than year hasn't picked internally by C1 having participated at their Golos project, much less she will.

Sabiondo

Send Serebro or Nyusha now, please!

Neither Serebro or Nyusha had interest to take part in ESC! After Lazarev ''failure'' in the final, i dobut that :ru: popular singers will want to take part on it, unless that that JESC stars like Polina Burgorevich or Yulia Savicheva could accept the challange.

A-lister

Veteran
Neither Serebro or Nyusha had interest to take part in ESC! After Lazarev ''failure'' in the final, i dobut that :ru: popular singers will want to take part on it, unless that that JESC stars like Polina Burgorevich or Yulia Savicheva could accept the challange.

Yulia Savicheva jESC!? She already entered ESC once... or is this another with the same name?

Sergey, with that song and lackluster performance, did way better than most countries would do in the final... there's nothing to complain about... what Russia lacks these days is a good entry

Sabiondo

Yulia Savicheva jESC!? She already entered ESC once... or is this another with the same name?

Is the one from ESC 2004! :p Too bad that back at that time, she went too young with such average pop ballad that didn't match in her personality. Right now she could win ESC with a proper song like this (in Russian ofc) ;)

A-lister

Veteran
Is the one from ESC 2004! :p Too bad that back at that time, she went too young with such average pop ballad that didn't match in her personality. Right now she could win ESC with a proper song like this (in Russian ofc) ;)

Actually, Yulia in 2004 wasn't so bad, a bit generic maybe but still decent... better than the past Russian entries imo ... her vocals were shaky though, maybe she became a better lives singer now?

Alaska49

third place is considered a failure? just withdraw then russia smh it's not like nobody will miss you all that much anyway

A-lister

Veteran
third place is considered a failure? just withdraw then russia smh it's not like nobody will miss you all that much anyway

That's what I meant, third place with a mediocre song is hardly a failure, more the opposite xshrug

WhoKnows

I hope Russia doesn't send any of these people because I don't want them to win :twisted:, but if I were being objective, these would be some good options.

Have been O B S E S S E D with this one. xheat

Before that one, it was this one. :lol:

Or give everyone a twist and go for some lesbians. xlove

I'm a big fan of Nargiz too but I haven't been impressed with any of her recent stuff. Fadeev would need to write something good for her again.

Loindici

Veteran
MOLLY would probably not come back, I guess. #2mashi is an interesting choice, though.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
That's what I meant, third place with a mediocre song is hardly a failure, more the opposite xshrug
I agree based on the song and act, but given how wel-known and popular Sergey is all over Europe, the fact that he didn't win the televote (or even came close to winning it), is an EPIC failure.

Loindici

Veteran
I agree based on the song and act, but given how wel-known and popular Sergey is all over Europe, the fact that he didn't win the televote (or even came close to winning it), is an EPIC failure.

Sad truth. Scream was even targeted to juries but it did similar in score to YATOO, with an even lower relative placing.

Poor guy.

JohnyKaz

A failure yes. An "EPIC FAILURE" no. And Sergey isn't popular in all of Europe. He is much more well known in the east than in the west and that's why he got 12 points from Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Moldova, Latvia, Albania, the Czech Republic, Lithuania, Armenia and San Marino (but that doesn't really count we all know how San Marino's voting is being counted), 10 points from Montenegro and Cyprus, 8 from Georgia, Greece and Serbia and 7 from Romania and Hungary. From western Europe he only got 10 points from Portugal, which is pretty well known for liking ballads, and 8 from Germany and Italy. The rest of the countries gave him from 5 to zero, reasonable because the song wasn't that interesting and neither was staging. If it weren't for Sergey Russia would have probably finished around 8 - 9th overall.

HayashiM

Veteran
A failure yes. An "EPIC FAILURE" no. And Sergey isn't popular in all of Europe. He is much more well known in the east than in the west and that's why he got 12 points from Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Moldova, Latvia, Albania, the Czech Republic, Lithuania, Armenia and San Marino (but that doesn't really count we all know how San Marino's voting is being counted), 10 points from Montenegro and Cyprus, 8 from Georgia, Greece and Serbia and 7 from Romania and Hungary. From western Europe he only got 10 points from Portugal, which is pretty well known for liking ballads, and 8 from Germany and Italy. The rest of the countries gave him from 5 to zero, reasonable because the song wasn't that interesting and neither was staging. If it weren't for Sergey Russia would have probably finished around 8 - 9th overall.

I very much doubt people know Sergey here in the Czech Republic, they just don't. Our radios have perhaps 70% of the music in English coming from the West, and the remaining 30% would be from Czech/Slovak bands half singing in English, half in our languages. Pretty much no one cares for Russian contemporary music.
Of course the diaspora vote could be a thing, as well as some part of the nation somehow loving Russia (and an even bigger part hating it, which of course doesn't matter on this occasion). All in all I'd still say the "Sergey factor" wasn't a thing here and he got his 12 points just because a lot of people have enjoyed the whole package.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Let's be honest, Little Big would just be Russia's version of Maruv. But my god, I'd love to see them in Eurovision.

A-lister

Veteran

Ehm? He's a no name outside of the ex-USSR? Only die-hard ESC fans outside of that region (and its diaspora) knows who he is xshrug

A-lister

Veteran
'Little Big Wants to Represent Russia in Eurovison 2020'
ME:
YAS PLEASE 12PTS xheart

They are visually a fun band, but they need to have a good / catchy / memorable song though which is not their strong suit... but if they could manage to combine the two, then Russia could be dangerous in 2020 and for a change it would be a more true "Russian" entry unlike most of the fabricated ESC entries we got... and I'm all for the latter so bring it!

Loindici

Veteran
They are visually a fun band, but they need to have a good / catchy / memorable song though which is not their strong suit...

(Admin please don't block this, it's just an example of their catchy song)

Top Bottom