3 1.6%

8 4.3%

34 18.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Russia-scaled.jpg

tuorem

I do wonder what Russians will send next year since their attempt at baiting juries didn't work and the winning song was in the same category as their last entry. xthink

Since they won't send an ethno ballad in Russian (or one of their official languages), I'd love to hear an uptempo track from them, as long as it's not cheap like "Get You" or schlagery like "You Are The Only One".

A-lister

Veteran
(Admin please don't block this, it's just an example of their catchy song)

I know this song, take away the visuals and it's proper crap (it's pretty crap even with visuals) :lol: SKIBIDI is probably their most accessible song to date, but without the video it's also a bit bland....

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
They are visually a fun band, but they need to have a good / catchy / memorable song though which is not their strong suit...

Agree to disagree xshrug Skibidi aside, Faradenza was catchy and Sletmyatsya Patsani was a great collaboration with Ruki Vverh, and probably my favorite song of theirs.

I can see them being more like KEiiNO if they participated (in that they'd be more focused on the televote/audience instead of courting the jury), but sadly the only way I see them going to Eurovision is if the national selection was brought back.

CaraMia

A song like Skibidi with its respective choreography would become a hit (and could even become a world hit like Macarena, for example)!

MalagaToledo

Banned
So esc winner diva bilan wants to come back to esc for 3rd time? What do u guys think? Yayy or nayy? I'm nayy on this one. I assume he already has a song ready for the selection process. How old is he BTW, about 40ies I guess? And has never been married. Hmm, there are some controversies surrounding him and he already won so Russia, u have a lot of singers. Choose someone new with a good song ofc. Lol

Loindici

Veteran

Sammy

Veteran
As always, it very much depends on the song. I have to admit though that I found the staging of "Believe" rather off-putting, so I don't want to have this kind of thing again. On the other hand, he might have evolved as an artist and bring something surprisingly good. But I can also imagine another comeback from Russia as long as it's not the cookie-baking squad. :mrgreen:

MalagaToledo

Banned
As always, it very much depends on the song. I have to admit though that I found the staging of "Believe" rather off-putting, so I don't want to have this kind of thing again. On the other hand, he might have evolved as an artist and bring something surprisingly good. But I can also imagine another comeback from Russia as long as it's not the cookie-baking squad. :mrgreen:

So yayy or nayy on diva's potential return? :lol:

Sammy

Veteran
So yayy or nayy on diva's potential return? :lol:

As I said - it depends on the song.
But there's a funny coincidence: the same year Dima debuted it was also the first time for another artist who got a fairly good result and since then is desperately trying to come back "to win it". :lol:

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Didn't really like either of his entries and he was really snobby/bitter when the Babushki won. If he came back I'd love if he did something similar to this (in part because it's the first song of his that I'm like xmusic) but I know he won't.

tuorem

Oh yes! [MENTION=14467]BarefootBoogaloo[/MENTION] I'd like to hear something purposely 100% vintage with 80's-inspired aesthetics like the song you posted, rather than another bland schlager or ballad that sounds old-fashioned against its own will.

And Russian language musicality is >>>>>>>>>>

Unless he brought something really different from the typical half-hearted Russian Eurovision mould, I'm against Bilan coming back because Russia is not San Marino: he's participated twice, won once and almost had his third time in 2012. They have other options.

Mainshow

Veteran
Actually, I enjoy Dima Bilan's latest/recent output. I have seen him live in Astana/Nursultan and he was on point.
I just dislike him in Eurovision. Russia always tries to come up with a plastic performance, a generic but well-produced song and zero authenticity to impress Europe but all they need is to find something which feels natural and tbh, Dima has found his style lately.... I'm torn...

If we get something like this... I would be in heaven and probably vote for Russia a few times:

But knowing Russia, we will get Believe 2.0 accompanied by a Heroes 3.0 performance.

Top Bottom