16 6.6%

16 6.6%

15 6.2%

61 25.3%

• Total voters

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Well if they both withdraw then that is that... but I imagine they are run in different ways :) And if one of them still wants to enter regardless then Russia will stay.

I think they're just kicking up a fuss over their treatment in 2014 and are covering it somehow... to be honest...

greece

But the reason that they withdraw isn't that Conchita won? I mean that probably both got annoyed from this. But of course if the one what to stay they will stay indeed.
Personally I think that they just want to make drama for their participating as they made for their song this year

Sammy

Veteran
And what makes you believe that the other broadcaster will have other opinion for Conchita? xshrug

I doubt that it would be a broadcasters decision whether to withdraw or not. I mean - officially it will be the broadcaster, that announces the decision, but it's gonna be the Kreml who decides.
Besides - is the second broadcaster even a member of the EBU?

greece

I doubt that it would be a broadcasters decision whether to withdraw or not. I mean - officially it will be the broadcaster, that announces the decision, but it's gonna be the Kreml who decides.
Besides - is the second broadcaster even a member of the EBU?

Of course it's the goverment that decides to withdraw cause of Conchita. But it's what you said the broadcaster announce it so...

anto475

I feel really bad for the girls when I think back about the contest. They had to endure the booing from the fans which was not on at all, they seemed very left-out of any of the events that I saw because they didn't have English, it seemed like they didn't get as much out of the contest as the other contestants like Mariya Yaremchuk or Sebalter. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am.

DJNightingale

My this year's silver. Why are there so many 0 points on the poll? It was my favourite Russian entry for 2 years (until 2016). I would like to review it:
Stage performance: Exiting! Tolmachevy sisters were shining on the stage!
Voice: Exiting! Especially I like the places where the twins are singing together!
Lyrics: A bit banal, but still beautiful and romantic.
Music: Epic!!!
The only song that was better on this Eurovision was Sweden, imho.
Спасибо, Россия, за чудесное шоу! :)

Mainshow

Veteran
We (the fandom) can stop feeling bad for booing at them back in 2014.
Both of them have came out as fascists - they support the war and Putin.

This is what they said (I wanted to post the video but I can´t do it [it´s shared in "Eurovision Song Contest - Fans United Group" on FB]:

"We live in unprecedented times:
Every day we hear news from Ukraine.
where our state conducts a special military operation
its goal is to take care of donbass people
where under 8 years people lived under violence
we are worried for our comrades that are performing not only a combat mission but are protecting the Russian world, Russian history, Russian language

Russia has always been a peaceful country!
It never began wars but always ended them!

We believe in "unity of nations" where we will have a prosperous future
We are proud that our leader is Vladimir Putin.
A low bow to our soldiers who are now on the front line

God bless you, comrades. We are proud of you."

Shame on them. Disgusting individuals who support war crimes, genocide and fascism.

A-lister

Veteran
We (the fandom) can stop feeling bad for booing at them back in 2014.
Both of them have came out as fascists - they support the war and Putin.

This is what they said (I wanted to post the video but I can´t do it [it´s shared in "Eurovision Song Contest - Fans United Group" on FB]:

"We live in unprecedented times:
Every day we hear news from Ukraine.
where our state conducts a special military operation
its goal is to take care of donbass people
where under 8 years people lived under violence
we are worried for our comrades that are performing not only a combat mission but are protecting the Russian world, Russian history, Russian language

Russia has always been a peaceful country!
It never began wars but always ended them!

We believe in "unity of nations" where we will have a prosperous future
We are proud that our leader is Vladimir Putin.
A low bow to our soldiers who are now on the front line

God bless you, comrades. We are proud of you."

Shame on them. Disgusting individuals who support war crimes, genocide and fascism.

Yeah, no surprise here...

Pretty much the majority of ruZZia's ESC entrants from the past decades have come out as fasZists and genocide promoters.

In fact EBU should take off their videos from its official channels and strip away Dima Bilan's victory as well (it was a bought victory anyways so it would just be to make justice).

Mainshow

Veteran
Yeah, no surprise here...

Pretty much the majority of ruZZia's ESC entrants from the past decades have come out as fasZists and genocide promoters.

In fact EBU should take off their videos from its official channels and strip away Dima Bilan's victory as well (it was a bought victory anyways so it would just be to make justice).

Any "news" on t.A.T.u. and Alsou? - Don´t really care about the rest but I can´t believe that the Tolmachevy Twins believe in "unity in nations", took part in Eurovision and overwhelmingly applaud a mass murderer and justify as well as support a genocide.
It makes me sick to my stomach to learn about such commments/statements but as a democratic fan, I would like to know which Eurovision artists are fascists...

A-lister

Veteran
Any "news" on t.A.T.u. and Alsou? - Don´t really care about the rest but I can´t believe that the Tolmachevy Twins believe in "unity in nations", took part in Eurovision and overwhelmingly applaud a mass murderer and justify as well as support a genocide.
It makes me sick to my stomach to learn about such commments/statements but as a democratic fan, I would like to know which Eurovision artists are fascists...

Well there is a page collecting names on ruZZian and Ukrainian celebrities etc. that openly or indirectly support the war (indirectly often means being silent on it). You can check it out here:

https://theylovewar.com/

I am not sure when it was last updated though, for instance Dima Bilan has openly supported it but it just states that he stays silent. Sergey Lazarev and Polina Gagarina are both open supporters of the genocide.

As for t.A.T.u., Yulia is a complete nutcase, she is openly homophobic and I think a Putin supporter too. Lena is probably against it but I assume stay silent like most russians.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Well there is a page collecting names on ruZZian and Ukrainian celebrities etc. that openly or indirectly support the war (indirectly often means being silent on it). You can check it out here:

https://theylovewar.com/

I am not sure when it was last updated though, for instance Dima Bilan has openly supported it but it just states that he stays silent. Sergey Lazarev and Polina Gagarina are both open supporters of the genocide.

As for t.A.T.u., Yulia is a complete nutcase, she is openly homophobic and I think a Putin supporter too. Lena is probably against it but I assume stay silent like most russians.
Wait why is maruv even mentioned on the website didn't she say something about the war

Top Bottom