Contact us

RUSSIA 2010 - The Pyotr Nalich band - Lost And Forgotten

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

evilperson

If this ends anywhere near the top 10 in the final... this contest is in serious trouble once again...

Sorry Russian friends but this song is very annoying! I can't stand it!

Margerita86

Raul_Spain said:
Top 10 for sure! Go Peter!!! :D
Honest given how people seems to dislike it top 20 to 15 would be a victory...

I personaly still love this song so much...

Kate

At first time, when I heard the song, I didn't like it and I was quite disappointed.
But I enjoyed live performance a lot! It was great in my mind. So my vote for Pyotr in the final too!

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Good luck to Russia. While I never really hated the song as much as a lot of other members of this board (I actually kinda like it) I recognize the flaws it has but the fact that it's Russia......they always get a nice headstart. This may score a lot of points from the east but the west won't get it. I'm unsure about the juries so another wildcard.

My prediction: 14 - 18th place.

Chaklunka

This was the first time I voted for Russia. I'm really happy Peter is 11th, though I'm sure he deserved more.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Oslo, Norway - Peter Nalitch came from YouTube, conquered Russia with a blast and so it was almost natural he won the right to represent his homeland at Europe's favourite TV-show this year. But he was not Lost And Forgotten as his song might've suggested, but finished eleventh in Oslo.

Who is he?
Peter Nalitch has become famous after he published a music video on YouTube which he made himself for the song Guitar. In about a month after he did it, 70,000 persons had already watched it. The Russian users of LiveJournal were sending each other the link to the song and the number of views was increasing by thousand every day. That brought him into fame all over Russia.

After his first very popular concert, Peter gathered a grouped of musicians with whom he gave two more concerts in the winter of 2008 and took the name MKPN.

In the following summer they went to support the Russian sport teams at the UEFA European Cup and the Olympic Games 2008 in Beijing. That was followed by releasing an album and also the DVD of their Moscow concerts, making them established artists.

AlekS

Veteran

ParadiseES

^ It's not a matter of taste, then it would've gotten points from not neighbouring countries. Actually, I don't think it can exist a single song which can ONLY be liked by neighbours :)

AlekS

Veteran
^ if it sounds like a Soviet song from the 60's or underground song from the end of 80's beginning of the 90's then YES.
It can be liked by all neighbours.

I just "love" how people who don't know a single clue about our music industry label us.

And btw, Georgia gave it 0, Azerbaijan gave it 3 and Lithuania gave it 5. Doesn't sound like love to me.

and btw, my family voted for him.

But who cares ;)

Go and boo our choice with those low cultured morons in the audience who booed our points, discriminate us ;)

ps. And btw, Nalich gave a concert in Kyiv, yesterday.

AlekS

Veteran
Speaking of.... the concert was sold out.

They even released additional tickets and added a fan-zone.

manialf

AlekS said:
ParadiseES said:
manialf said:

That map is just scandalous :|
yes, having our taste is scandalous...we "love" you too :D

I do think a lot of it is just that he's very popular in the East. The author of the blog says that in the article!

Here in Bulgaria they have a channel that only shows Balkan music from all the countries. No wonder they give each other points!

ParadiseES

Yeah, the whole non-soviet Europe except Slovakia and Portugal was low-cultured :lol: :lol: :lol:
If those points were deserved, it would get points from other countries. It didn't so, so they were not deserved at all. The only case of unfair voting we still have now with 50-50 system.

AlekS

Veteran
and here's a part of the audience from his concert:
277479_2.jpg

considering the fact that he was also liked VERY much by the older audience (those who remembver old times, including my mom) you'll get such high points.

AlekS

Veteran
ParadiseES said:
Yeah, the whole non-soviet Europe except Slovakia and Portugal was low-cultured :lol: :lol: :lol:
the WHOLE non-Soviet Europe booed us? did I say that? ;)

people in the Telenor booed people who made their choice.
So they a have a right to BOO our choice cuz they don't like that song??? wtf :evil:
We rate songs and not people :evil:

and btw, if the rest of Europe didn't like this song it doesn't mean that we are supposed to dislike it too :evil:

Top Bottom