Contact us

RuPaul's Drag Race

popavapeur

What did you think of the premiere ?

I loved it

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Challenge idea: Get locked in a room with Todrick Hall one by one. Whoever takes the most time before they punch him in the throat wins, and whoever takes the least time also wins because they have good judgment. Nobody lip-syncs; they've suffered enough.

And speaking of punching people in the throat, Milk this season. Christ. She is acting like a piece of work and a half. Her Celine was AWFUL. I'm enjoying Aja this season, actually, after having not been much of a fan in Season 9. Someone snarky like she is is much appreciated in a room of massive egos like this one; I loved her confessional about Milk's tantrum.

While we're still on the subject of insufferable moments this episode, I actually thought Thorgy did a great job in the challenge but can't argue with her elimination. When RuPaul and La Visage tell you that you messed up, there is no good response except "thanks, may I have another?" It's really a shame because the charisma, uniqueness, and talent are there, but Thorgy shuts down so easily that there's no nerve to take on a challenge.

Sorry I'm such a negative Nancy. I just had a lot of feelings about that episode.

popavapeur

I do think that this episode was kinda... bad ? not bad cause it's RPDR it's always great but if you compare to another episode of RPDR that was quite dull

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
That task did feel a set up. I'm not even a Thorgy fan (find her quite irritating actually) but she had no choice in who she was and knew instantly the uphill struggle she'd face with her "diva". Despite that she still channeled Stevie Nicks well I thought and gave it the best go possible. Stevie Nicks isn't a gay icon, at least not in the same sense as the others. I agree with Thorgy there, not Ru. To invent an over exaggerated character of who she's really not wouldn't have worked. Bebe top 3? Ok.... she basically just had to stand there and Ru gets a hard on because Diana Ross is his ultimate queen. Milk's Celine? I wouldn't have even known that he was Celine. Thorgy didn't deserve to be in the bottom 3, let alone bottom 2 and so I felt sorry for her.

Can I just say though go BenDeLaCreme! She's devouring everyone whole this season. The smiling assassin. She's so lovely, funny and talented. I didn't think i'd like her this much. I'm also rooting for Trixie (her song during the week 1 talent show made me get a lil bit emotional) and Aja (the Rudemption is in full swing). The rest can go home, although Milk out of drag can come to my home instead first.. for..... tea or something.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
her song during the week 1 talent show made me get a lil bit emotional

It was so good, wasn't it? I loved the way she presented it, too.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It was so good, wasn't it? I loved the way she presented it, too.

Yes, it was gorgeous. I need that full song in my life. I was delighted with BenDeLaCreme winning that task, and Aja was incredible, but if I was there I think I would have somehow pushed Trixie into the top 2 as that was really special and genuine, and brought something completely different to the show. I need to check out her music. I haven't been almost moved to tears by a drag queen since After Dark's epic flop performance at Melodifestivalen 2016. Feeling with queensxheart

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Yes, it was gorgeous. I need that full song in my life. I was delighted with BenDeLaCreme winning that task, and Aja was incredible, but if I was there I think I would have somehow pushed Trixie into the top 2 as that was really special and genuine, and brought something completely different to the show. I need to check out her music. I haven't been almost moved to tears by a drag queen since After Dark's epic flop performance at Melodifestivalen 2016. Feeling with queensxheart

https://open.spotify.com/album/7As9S6HjMJjTKyl6nEejA8 Your wish is my command xheart

AlekS

Veteran
Cheering for Trixie Mattel, annoying hoe Shangela & BenDeLaCreme xcheer
That "Mariah" was everything :lol: Also I can't wait when Milk gets eliminated. This will be the happiest ep for me.

Despite that she still channeled Stevie Nicks well I thought and gave it the best go possible. Stevie Nicks isn't a gay icon, at least not in the same sense as the others. I agree with Thorgy there, not Ru. To invent an over exaggerated character of who she's really not wouldn't have worked.
Nobody asked her to do an over exaggerated character except Aja who's her competitor. If she really liked Stevie she could have introduced her to gay audience in the best possible way instead of blaming her in not being a gay icon. I'm gay and I think she's incredible. I found out about Stevie because of Tori Amos. Gay audience is not just commercialized flamboyant kind of public. I thought she would slay with Stevie. Thorgy is a perfect example of representing another kind of ghey, she reminds me Annie DiFranco for some reason :lol:

She could have called Alaska xqueenbitch
http://www.phillymag.com/g-philly/2...races-alaska-debuts-stevie-nicks-show-philly/

The only problem about her performance was a bad execution. If Stevie really is her idol it's not a problem to take her most fave image and work on it. Everything else is just excuses.

popavapeur

I'm enjoying Milk so far, his brat attitude is gold tv if we could get a season with 12 Phi Phi, I'm signing in a second. More drama and meltdown please.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
In order for me to get behind a villain on a reality show, I need some kind of a just cause for which they're fighting. They just might have trouble presenting that cause in a kind manner. An anti-hero/anti-villain, if you will. Bianca Del Rio (in the early episodes - she wasn't really much of an anti-hero later on) had "these younger queens don't know what the hell they're doing," and she was right. Sandra Diaz-Twine had "screw Jonny Fairplay/Russell, because they're arses," and she was right. What is Milk's cause? Beyond "I'm better than everyone else," which is demonstrably false, she doesn't have one. As a result, I'm just annoyed with her.

popavapeur

For me she's just blatantly... human ? like aren't those kind of people we meet everyday ? She doesn't put filters as some of the others do to get "no hate" on social media, you know what I mean ? So i find her endearing because she embraces all full aspects of her personnality, I like her because she's annoying, that's some salt in a reality tv character. But I get what you mean with the cause they're fighting for, that makes those personnalities more sweet in a certain way. (but they're not villains for me)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

What a week for her. Her Bubbles Devere-esque performance in the challenge was wondrous, and the lip-sync I thought was spectacular on both her part and her opponent's. They gave fragile, layered, beautiful performances. Also, her elimination decision was...a relief. The queen in question only grew more grating.

(Wow, I actually got through that without naming names in the text xheat )

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Kennedy was a goddess in that episode to be honest. She made me near wet myself during that task. Sending Milk home I think was more of a personal thing though as she certainly wasn't the worst during that task, and I strongly thought she had one of the better runway looks out of everyone. I don't exactly blame Kennedy though for her choice because she was obviously hurt, and naturally it's hard not to let those emotions overtake us when making decisions. I felt sorry for Chi Chi, but I fear the longer she's kept on the show, the more resentment from fans she'll experience. She's competing whilst defeated already. Milk had not very nice character traits but boy was she fiercely determined, and I thought still had a lot more to give. Not that Ru always makes the right decisions but I don't think I like how the queens are sent home on All Stars. It doesn't feel impartial. That's two episodes in a row where I really think the wrong person left (though had I got my way last week, we wouldn't have been able to experience Kennedy this week slaying, so there's a silver lining).

Oh and what an absolutely horrific choice of song to lip-sync to.

popavapeur

Great Paul Lynde, everything besides that was meh, great idea for a runway but most of the looks were "pretty safe"

BTW they announced S10 for 22nd of March. Hey kitty girls.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Great Paul Lynde, everything besides that was meh, great idea for a runway but most of the looks were "pretty safe"

BTW they announced S10 for 22nd of March. Hey kitty girls.

I agree, BDLC did a great job, but the Snatch Game was really underwhelming otherwise. I didn't even love Shangela's work.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
All Stars 3 and regular season 10 just got cancelled cause me watching the first episode of Drag Race Thailand was an actual thing that just happened.

Top Bottom