Contact us

RuPaul's Drag Race

popavapeur

okay gurls I just READ what happened during the finale and it's ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE, I want to tell you so bad but I don't want to spoil you (even with those spoilers brackets, I don't want to ruin your finale) but I can tell you in PM if you want or put everything in spoilers.

My edges are officially snatched

popavapeur

that's what I read btw, but maybe that was some trolling level 1000 (but a lot of sources confirmed what I read)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I never thought i'd be ecstatic for a Sasha Velour win, but she certainly picked the right week to turn it up. Wow! I got goosebumps during her first lipsync. Under any other circumstance i'm sure Shea would have slayed that and took the win after such a performance easily, but all eyes were on Sasha. Probably the most beautiful Drag Race lipsync i've ever seen. It was so creative, passionate and Sasha looked stunning. I died with each petal shower. Her final lip sync was glorious as well, and I really wanted her to win at that point, but I was "worried" that Peppermint would take it (even though I like Peppermint). It was going to be a surprise winner either way, but thankfully it went to the right girl. I hope Peppermint feels lifted with her silver finish.

All four girls were great tonight, but I don't agree really with the Peppermint vs Trinity decision. Peppermint is the lip sync assassin but I think she actually was the one that got killed there, and that Trinity should have advanced. I'm charmed by Peppermint (love her personality) but i'm really surprised she got this far, and I think more than anything the choice to keep her on this long was a statement to show that trans women can do drag too, and they certainly can! Peppermint showed us, but despite being in the bottom 2 twice, and slaying her opponents there, I think she otherwise got quite an easy ride, especially in the early weeks. I'm not super keen on Shea but I think she's incredibly talented, and tonight she went out in style. Trinity became my surprise favourite of the season, and going into tonight she was the only one I wanted to win, and I think she should have fought Sasha for the win, but it would have been hard for her. Sasha basically arrived tonight. I'm really happy she took the crown. That petal lip sync is instantly iconic.

My faves this season in order:

01. Jaymes Mansfield (I don't care what anyone says. It took just two episodes to fall in love with Jaymes. It's Kelly Mantle all over again for me, with my favourite of the season leaving first, but at least I can enjoy her youtube channel now. I find her fascinating)
02. Trinity Taylor (Hard faced bitch who you end up loving once you get to know her. Her looks were the best of the season, she could make us laugh as well as look beautiful, and she was incredibly talented)
03. Aja (Fierce messy bitch queen. I got her and loved her. She was sent home far too early, but at least provided us the most iconic moment of the season)
04. Sasha Velour (I would have had her maybe around 8th but she earned her win tonight, as well as my affection. Rose lip sync = best lip sync ever)
05. Eureka (Gone too soon, but she'll be back and all the girls better watch out next year)
06. Valentina (Beautiful queen. She was a noob but was putting most of them to shame. Left on a really bad note though, but at least no one will forget her exit)
07. Peppermint (Adorable and sassy queen. Makes up for her often very weak looks by having an amazing personality that shines especially when she's performing/lip syncing)
08. Farrah Moan (I don't usually like queens like Farrah but I thought she was adorable and hilarious as well (sometimes for the wrong reasons). Her Michelle Visage roast is legendary.
09. Shea Couleé (Talented queen, but not once did I feel hyped for her)
10. Nina Bo'nina Brown (Was rooting for her, but then I started to get annoyed. The character growth just didn't happen)
11. Charlie Hides (I like her but overall a disappointing showing)
12. Alexis Michelle (Provided the most unintentional comedy moments of the season at least. I was entertained.......... eventually)
13. Kimora Blac (Looked gorgeous but a very shallow queen)
14. Cynthia Lee Fontaine (My kuku was literally shaking at the fact they chose this queen for a comeback and actually kept her on the show until the snatch game. Lovely, wonderful person, but kuku every two seconds is not funny)

tumblr_onceryZYsQ1qlvwnco6_400.gif

Sad it's all over now. It's been a great season:(

JonnyWest

My God Sasha's lip syncs... I became a fan of her xheat especially the last one...

Overall loved the finale, very exciting and great lip syncs. I know many people don't like the twist but in the past the finales were a borefest

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
I was so overjoyed that Sasha won. I switched allegiance to her after Valentina went out and I've not been disappointed. She has consistently done well; been unlucky not to have won more challenges and has been a great sport throughout. Her lip syncs in the final.... Lordy me, what inspired choices! Almost makes you wish she had been bottom two a few times to see what else she had planned. Utter genius. A fab final episode; loads to enjoy and I don't have any problems with any of the results. Great series xcheer

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
giphy-131.gif

Life itself.

Anyway, congratulations to Sasha! I could hardly breathe when ^^ happened. It was such a passionate, unexpected, spontaneous (though no doubt meticulously planned as well or it wouldn't've happened) moment. She just seemed to let herself go to the song. The moment after is wondrous too; she was serving Ethel Merman realness with that point and the bulging-out energy in her face. The final lip sync seemed like a rubber-stamp after that.

And speaking of someone who probably said "The final lip sync seemed like a rubber-stamp," Shea...what was that, actually? Her performance was fine but listless. I felt vindicated in my position that she had done exactly as much as she had to do to succeed in every challenge without ever really going above and beyond. It's what she seemed to do here, or what she would've done if her competitor didn't have some literal tricks up her sleeve. However, that she sort of lacks C and definitely lacks UN isn't to take away from her considerable T. Plus, I really like her new single "Cocky" against my better judgment xdance

OVERJOYED for how far Peppermint and Trinity came in the competition. Peppermint's reveal was unimpeachable, and I actually thought the second look was quite beautiful (let's not w/the first; she had the good sense to change out of it). They both really surprised me with how fun they were to watch, and I look forward to what they'll do in the coming years.

Carrie

tumblr_inline_opyxdbKnBf1rgat26_540.gif

HORRIBLE end to a great season.

Trinity/Shea were robbed. Not here for Sasha winning at all.

Sasha thinks she's the future of drag? Um, no. No.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
As I was in a rush yesterday, I just wanted to get a few more thoughts out :)

So I see every round in the competition bar the final as being things to survive, not necessarily thrive in. The sole objective each week is to not get eliminated. I have never bought into the argument "oh but xyz has won the most challenges and therefore deserves to win", because if that's the case, why have a final? We know the winner at the end of the previous episode and you may as well give her the crown then.

The above is, coincidentally, exactly why Shea was not our winner tonight. She took it the wrong way and thought that winning the most challenges would mean she would be the only possible winner. We heard that in her speech at the end of the previous episode and we saw it in the final where she was totally lacklustre against Sasha. Even without the rose petals fabulousness, I don't think Shea won that lip sync. It just lacked energy. It was the performance of someone who didn't think they needed to do much to win. Thank goodness it showed.

As for the first lip sync, well here I can buy the argument that Trinity was robbed... It all depends on whether you prefer an overall strong performance versus a weaker one on the whole BUT one with an absolutely incredible moment. The thing is... What will you remember from that lip sync? Will it be Trinity's overall skill, or will it be Peppermint's costume change mid-routine? I think it'll be the latter, and that's why she won. But I totally buy Trinity fans being upset, as you cut those ten seconds out, and Trinity is your winner.

Just a quick aside, I think that Trinity also didn't do herself any favours by choosing Peppermint. Peppermint has won three lip syncs before, so why take on the one with the best record straight away? She should have gone for Sasha (although in fairness we now know how bad THAT choice would have been) or Shea (who's only won the one).

And onto the final... Well the closest lip sync of the three for me! Both did an absolutely stellar job, but you could just see the strength of Sasha's drag; see the reference to the Valentina moment right at the start? We had another costume mash-up from her too. It was her, just, over Peppermint.

So why Sasha? Well I'd argue that she does things no other queen can do. I mean, look at our other three finalists? What can they actually do that no other queen can? What REALLY makes them stand out? Anyone can do a costume change (sorry Peppermint), plenty of queens can dance really well (sorry Trinity) and plenty of queens can just do enough to get the final then stop trying (sorrynotsorry Shea). But who else plans as meticulously as Sasha? Who thinks about what they're going to do in a lip sync like her? She stands out from the crowd. You look at her two lip syncs and realise that only Sasha could ever do them. She is the rightful winner because she is the Unique Queen. She has the other attributes in spades too, ofc, but I think it's a victory for Uniqueness this season :)

Tinchey

As I said before I'm still not buying that brainy queen gig, but I am ok with her winning as herstory has thaught us that being memorable on the show means success. So I'm not even worried for Trinity. xheart She better slay AS3. xbow

Carrie

As I said before I'm still not buying that brainy queen gig, but I am ok with her winning as herstory has thaught us that being memorable on the show means success. So I'm not even worried for Trinity. xheart She better slay AS3. xbow

I don't see her as being smarter than any other queen. She's just a highly privileged white gay man.

Tinchey

Sasha thinks she's the future of drag? Um, no. No.

I agree, I don't see her bringing anything new, unlike what Sharon Needles did (Party City couture realness). I found her references not overly intellectual as most of these are/or are supposed to be general knowledge especially in drag world. But I see why people liked her lip syncs, although it felt a bit to much, especially with the roses which was overdone at some point /one glove, then the other, and then the wig/. You have to give her some credit tho, she did accumulate the biggest fan support near the end, but still I was hoping for a shock Peppermint win and I'm sad to see it didn't happen. :( Now that would've been a political statement from a channel like VH1, although really cheap, but imho needed at this time.

Tinchey

I don't see her as being smarter than any other queen. She's just a highly privileged white gay man.

Well she didn't tell the others to read books, and that's what kept her going. #serenachachateas :D I really liked some of her runway looks but as judges once said, it might've been too high fashion at times, and not enough drag.

Top Bottom