Contact us

RuPaul's Drag Race

Schlagerman1

Wow, what a premiere. Usually at this point there are already some that rub my nerves out, but as of now, I like every single queen in the competition; no one's boring or too mean-spirited. I wasn't big on Naysha, but she's gone now. Bob's still my favorite, but she has close competition from...well everyone actually.

Yeah such a strong line-up, this is absolutely the hardest season to guess who will do well. I can easily see surprise-elimination happen in the coming episodes. Naysha was the weakest link in the first episode, you can't just go straight in to the work room and expect others to make all of your dresses. :?
I love Bob too, but Acid Betty is so cool. And Kim Chi was a nice surprise, I thought she would be a bit bitchy, but she is hilarious.

"Donut come for me or I'll destroy you" xrofl2

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Yeah such a strong line-up, this is absolutely the hardest season to guess who will do well. I can easily see surprise-elimination happen in the coming episodes. Naysha was the weakest link in the first episode, you can't just go straight in to the work room and expect others to make all of your dresses. :?
I love Bob too, but Acid Betty is so cool. And Kim Chi was a nice surprise, I thought she would be a bit bitchy, but she is hilarious.

"Donut come for me or I'll destroy you" xrofl2

Chi Chi DeVayne made a great impression on me from the first few seconds, but I think her days are numbered :/ It's strange because this is a season full of queens who would probably struggle to catch Ru's eye in any other season. It's almost like they heard "MORE WEIRD ONES" from the fans and listened.

Schlagerman1

Chi Chi DeVayne made a great impression on me from the first few seconds, but I think her days are numbered :/ It's strange because this is a season full of queens who would probably struggle to catch Ru's eye in any other season. It's almost like they heard "MORE WEIRD ONES" from the fans and listened.

Yeah when I saw the first trailer I was sure Chi Chi was going to be first out...but she surprised me in the first impression indeed. Haha yeah it is probably like that, season 7 was a much more calmer and more fashionable edition (maybe cause season 6 was quite a comedic season). I suppose the fans will never get 100% happy, so next season we will get something completly different. :lol:

popavapeur

i don't know for you guys, but for the moment S8 screams "Best Season of RPDR". They are all talented, great, interesting. Half of the cast could have been top 3 in others seasons.
I like that they're so different, even the NYC queens. I also really like that they're putting a highlight on Chi Chi's Drag : you can do drag out of nothing and turn the party on!

My fav so far is Kim Chi, so cute, so anime, so everything, i'm living for her.

Carrie

So far my prediction is correct... could tell Naysha was going home first the minute I laid eyes on her. It was a pretty strong episode, I've got to give credit to Logo for that. They're all really talented this season!

Laila is my favourite at the moment. Her lip sync was just so godly and she kind of reminds me of myself. Can't wait to see what she's got in store. Kim Chi is cute af though, I hope she can defy my prediction and make it far.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
ALRIGHT BITCHES LET'S TALK ABOUT WHATEVER THE HELL JUST HAPPENED.
First let's talk about other things xheat
My honorable mentions for favorite so far (after my beloved Bob the Drag Queen, also known to RainyWoods and myself as Bob teh Darkquen, are both Chis as well as Thorgy. Kim Chi was just so "bless" throughout the episode, from her lack of dancing skill to the virgin storyline. Saw my younger self in her in a way. As for Chi Chi, she really showed serious grace this time around looking at what she had to deal with and turned it the hell out in the challenge. Her mini-challenge dance also felt very fun and full of character. I could not be more delighted that she's defied my prediction - lavieenrostradamus strikes again xcookie. Thorgy's just a doll, and while I wasn't fond of her style at first, it's something I've really come around to, maybe out of forcing myself to enjoy it given her lovely personality.
SPOILER ALERT

Schlagerman1

Wow, yeah this was a great episode, I just seen it and I am still completly exhausted after it. :lol:

I think both teams did a great job with the challenge, some really strong preformances especially from Chi Chi and Thorgy who really rocked this time! And about the elimination, well I think it was the right choice, I have never seen such a dull performance of such a classic as "I Will Survive".

Wonder who was on the phone though...Is Naysha coming back? or is it someone from an earlier edition.... Maybe time for some....

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Moment of appreciation for Kim Chi that I somehow missed: she went into a room called The Shade Tree, and what did she say when she was in there? "Everyone's been super, super helpful guiding me through this." LOVE HER!

popavapeur

Kim Chi has to win. Definitely . But she has too much screentime...like "we have to do the story fast cause you're going to be eliminated in a round or two" no pleaaase.

But she shined last week and she was still a star this week with her non-skills. Her and Chi Chi and Thorgy and Acid and Robbie and Bob are just Tv Gold. Still waiting for the "explosion" of Derrick, Cynthia and Naomi.

Carrie

Laila, noooooo! I feel like she did a better job than Dax, even if it wasn't a brilliant job overall xcry xcry xcry

Chi Chi certainly did not deserve to win that challenge. Thorgy and Acid put so much more work into raising the piece and Thorgy specifically looked better on stage and during the performance. I'm not keen on the whole acrobatics thing..... Thorgy/Kim were robbed of a win.

I see Willam/Alyssa Edwards in Derrick! :D

I love Kim, mind you. He is talented and cute :lol:

Hopefully Kelly returns.

Yoni

That double elimination was so obvious from the edit starting with the side comments before of how important that song is for lip-syncing. :lol:

couldn't take my eyes off Thorgy with that runway look, stunning!

Nikkita

Kim Chi is my favourite right now with Acid Betty and Thorgy xheart I did thought double elimination would happen because I Will Survive is THE song, i mean if you're gonna lipsync it, you have to turn it up, give all you have, and both Dax and Laila sadly did not give it. The cast is very talented and sympatethic this season, i'm sure i'll be sad whoever leaves after this :lol:

Schlagerman1

In a couple of days we will know who it is that will come back. I guess that it is Naysha that will get her 2nd chance...but there is a chance that RuPaul already has RUVEALED who it is....

If so, I would be so happy. :mrgreen:

popavapeur

here you are. Big spoiler !

Schlagerman1

What a fun challenge this was! First, Thorgy comes in and slays in a way I never seen....but then comes Bob and just kills them all...literally even! :lol:
"Oh You're Thirsty Bitch?" and throwing the drink on the dead Naomis face might be one of the best and funniest moments in Drag Race History!

Well I wasn't surprised Naysha came back, and we'll see if she can step it up, at least the runway look was a lot better in this episode. And so sad that Cynthia left us, sure, she deserved it I guess, the competition is too fierce, but she was a lovely person to get to know! :D

Carrie

Thorgy was robbed of a victory once again. I didn't find Bob overly funny.

Gutted to see Cynthia going. I can't see Naysha bringing that much to the show, reckon she'll be gone soon.

popavapeur

Naysha won't stay that long.. actually i don't think anybody is worse than Naysha atm.
I like her but she doesn't seem to have what it takes to be america's next drag superstar and her acting was not that good. Cynthia was fun in her way (FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS) and i think that she was a lot worse in ep 2 than Laila (but Laila had the ugliest dress with Dax). Robbie reminds me Trixie : Funnier and more interesting in boy than in drag (those talking heads lmao)

Top Bottom