Contact us

Running Order Predictions

Kaz

Try to predict the running orders of each semi! I’ll start.

Semi 1
01 :lt:
02 :ru:
03 :mk:
04 :ie:
05 :se:
06 :sl:
07 :au:
08 :az:
09 :no:
10 :il:
11 :ua:
12 :hr:
13 :be:
14 :cy:
15 :ro:
16 :mt:

Semi 2
01 :md:
02 :pl:
03 :at:
04 :rs:
05 :is:
06 :cz:
07 :gr:
08 :ee:
09 :sm:
10 :bg:
11 :dk:
12 :pt:
13 :lv:
14 :al:
15 :fi:
16 :ge:
17 :ch:

EurovisionTim

Semi 1:
1 :lt:
2 :mk:
3 :ru:
4 :au:
5 :sl:
6:ie:
7:se:
8:hr:
9:no:
10:ua:
11:il:
12:az:
13:be:
14:cy:
15:ro:
16:mt:

Semi 2:
1:md:
2:ee:
3:pl:
4:sm:
5:cz:
6:at:
7:rs:
8:is:
9:gr:
10:ge:
11:al:
12 :fi:
13 :pt:
14 :ch:
15 :dk:
16:bg:
17 :lv:

Last edited:

Schlagerman1

My guess is trying to put songs that are favorites close to each other as well as songs that are similar are put in a "duel" format with one song between them:

SEMI 1:
1. :au: (Need a pop-start and Australia would be a nice start, since it isn't among the top faves either)
2. :mk: (The first of the two dramatic ballads, also needs a guy at this point)
3. :ru: (Needs uptempo again, and goes in a duel against Australia for "different pop/hiphop" and still none of the biggest faves just yet.)
4. :sl: (dramatic ballad number two, in fight for votes with NM)
5. :lt: (The competition starts for real and is also weird enough to go in a fight against Russia)
6. :se: (Despite not being a ballad, it is dramatic enough to go up against Slovenia)
7. :ie: (The song in first half that is the most different gets their spot here)
8. :mt: (Being among the favorites, they will still be pretty close to Lithuania and Sweden in this spot)
9. :il: (Being the first in the "midtempo battle")
10. :hr: (The first of triplets of pop girls)
11. :no: (Midtempoballadbattle with Israel)
12. :cy: (The 2nd of triplets of pop girls)
13. :ro: (1st in the dramatic ballad battle)
14. :az: (The 3rd of triplet of pop girls)
15. :be: (2nd in the dramatic ballad battle)
16. :ua: (Brings the party to a close, still having a slight battle with Azerbaijan for being a bit different)

Semi 2:
1. :gr: (a good start in a pop-oriented semifinal, battle in "Cool 80s pop")
2. :at: (The only songs that is not in a battle per say is the two ballads, so they are divided far apart to become breather)
3. :pl: (2nd in the "Cool 80s pop")
4. :rs: (The first of the two slutty pop-songs)
5. :is: (80s enough to be close to Poland, pop enough to be close to Czechia)
6. :md: (the 2nd of the two slutty pop-songs)
7. :cz: (in battle with Iceland)
8. :ee: (the 2nd ballad)
9. :sm: (Slutty enough to be close to Moldova and pop enough to be close to Czechia)
10. :bg: (With San Marino being among the top 10-12 faves, and Estonia being close as a ballad, this is a good spot for them)
11. :al: (Orientalsounding song in battle with San Marino)
12. :ch: (Fighing with Bulgaria for the dramatic and modern ballad/anthemic songs)
13. :dk: (The song that is totally different and gets the place as a good palate cleanser)
14. :ge: (Dramatic enough to be close to Switzerland, in 60s/70s inspired battle with Portugal)
15. :fi: (The first of the "Crazed out entries")
16. :pt: (2nd in the 60/70s inspired ballads)
17. :lv: (2nd of the "crazed out entries", ending it all with a bang and is also a song that will divide a lot of people probably, like Ukraine in semi 1)

Loindici

Veteran
Hmm, let's see what I'll cook up with the information in hand.

SEMI 1
HALF 1
1 🇷🇺 it's a very explosive banger, it might open up the show.
2 🇲🇰 it can help to ease the tempo of the previous one.
3 🇱🇹 brings the mood up, but putting Montaigne here doesn't give use a break from Manizha so we need a visual difference and The Roop will provide that.
4 🇸🇪 I think it's appropriate here to gap the bridge between two uptempos and two slow ballads.
5 🇦🇺 I think it's an upbeat song but just not instant enough to make it as the opener, audience needs to warm up before this comes.
6 🇸🇮 It needs some distance from Vasil to make it work.
7 🇮🇪 This will stand out in the first half, and the last spot will give it an extra kick.
HALF 2
8 🇳🇴 The opener needs to pace down from Lesley. I'll put TIX here. xangel
9 🇨🇾 I think Elena's not gonna benefit too much in the latter positions. And see what I did there? xdiablo
10 🇦🇿 I think Efendi's in essence is a midtempo and it can help ease down the pace from Elena.
11 🇮🇱 With Israel, they could've been placed anywhere, really.
12 🇷🇴 being a trip-hop kind of song, I would place it here. It won't stand out on the earlier or latter spots.
13 🇭🇷 It's hard to distance uptempos here, because the second half is just filled with them.
14 🇲🇹 Malta was supposed to be in the last spot but they have to compensate, since Ukraine is way more polarizing than they are.
15 🇧🇪 I think being near to the last would helped Hooverphonic so much, considering how their song needs time to grow into viewers.
16 🇺🇦 I was supposed to put Malta here, but since Ukraine and Croatia will clash each other if put too close, I'll put Go_A here.

SEMI 2
HALF 1
1 🇲🇩 It's a sweet song to kick the party with. Gimme some sugar!
2 🇪🇪 I think it's better putting Uku here than Vincent, it still has that immediate factor on it.
3 🇷🇸 With the number of uptempos in this half, it's hard to make all of them distant from each other.
4 🇵🇱 Stefania and him should not be close to each other, but I think Stefania will fare better in the middle positions than he does.
5 🇨🇿 I think it's an uptempo that's less immediate, it flows rather than hits you.
6 🇮🇸 I feel it's way more chilled out than Czech Republic, eventhough they're both uptempos. It's also hard to distant this with all the other 80s songs.
7 🇦🇹 Vincent will neutralize the mood with his song. It's really that somber that you don't want this to be in the beginning.
8 🇸🇲 Senhit's mid-tempo is going to be strong in this position, it's going to elevate them (and hopefully they won't be put in the dreadful 1-3 position).
9 🇬🇷 will be a good uptempo after SM's mid-tempo and its place is distant enough from Iceland and Poland to help them stay unique from each other.
HALF 2
10 🇵🇹 Portugal is a singalong song, and this is when it feels tricky: I don't think they'll benefit much being in the latter side if I place Bulgaria there, and it's more sentimental rather than climaxing.
11 🇦🇱 It's a dramatic musical piece and it will clash with Switzerland, so I'm not going to place them too close with each other.
12 🇬🇪 I'm not sure if this is an appropriate spot, but it's going to give a nice 'calm-before-the-storm' moment.
13 🇫🇮 it needs some distance from Latvia to make it work, but i don't think it'll work in the middle too much.
14 🇨🇭 I don't think Switzerland will be a good closer, but it needs to be in the latter side of the running order.
15 🇩🇰 I think it's okay to place them here, they'll be distant enough from Stefania and they will be good to
16 🇧🇬 (on no.17)
17 🇱🇻 its position is actually interchangeable with Bulgaria depending on what mood the producers want as an aftertaste, since they are both anthemic songs. If they want something strong and crazy, it's Latvia as a closer. If they want something emotional and heartfelt, it's Bulgaria. I just think Latvia will be better since there are also some other crazy entries that needs to be distanced out from her.

Last edited:

Kitakaze

Taking an early stab this year:
Edit: I’ll go with Lithuania to get the party started over Ireland.

Semi Final 1​
Semi Final 2​
01 🇱🇹 Lithuania — Discoteque
02 🇮🇪 Ireland — Maps
03 🇸🇮
Slovenia — Amen
04 🇷🇺 Russia
— Russian Woman
05 🇲🇰 North Macedonia — Here I Stand
— break position
06 🇦🇺 Australia — Technicolour
07 🇸🇪 Sweden — Voices
08 🇧🇪 Belgium — The Wrong Place
09 🇭🇷 Croatia — Tik-Tock
10 🇮🇱 Israel — Set Me Free
11 🇨🇾 Cyprus — El Diablo
— break position
12 🇳🇴 Norway — Fallen Angel
13 🇦🇿 Azerbaijan
— Mata Hari
14 🇷🇴 Romania
— Amnesia
15 🇲🇹 Malta
— Je Me Cass
16 🇺🇦 Ukraine — Shum
(No Belarus)
01 🇲🇩 Moldova — Sugar
02 🇪🇪 Estonia — The Lucky One
03 🇷🇸 Serbia — Loco Loco
04 🇦🇹 Austria — Amen
05 🇵🇱 Poland
— The Ride
06 🇮🇸 Iceland
— 10 Years
— break position
07 🇸🇲 San Marino — Adrenalina
08 🇨🇿 Czechia
— Omaga
09 🇬🇷 Greece
— Last Dance
10 🇬🇪 Georgia
— You
11 🇦🇱 Albania
— Karma
12 🇨🇭 Switzerland — Tout l’Universe
— break position
13 🇩🇰 Denmark — Øve Os På Hinanden
14 🇵🇹 Portugal — Love Is On My Side
15 🇱🇻 Latvia — The Moon Is Rising
16 🇧🇬 Bulgaria — Growing Up Is Getting Old
17 🇫🇮 Finland — Dark Side

Last edited:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Semi 1:

01. :au: 02. :mk: 03. :ie: 04. :ru: 05. :lt: 06. :sl: 07. :se:
08. :az: 09. :ro: 10. :cy: 11. :il: 12. :no: 13. :ua: 14. :hr: 15. :be: 16. :mt:

Semi 2

01. :rs: 02. :at: 03. :pl: 04. :md: 05. :cz: 06. :gr: 07. :ee: 08. :sm: 09. :is:
10. :pt: 11. :al: 12. :ge: 13. :bg: 14. :dk: 15. :lv: 16. :ch: 17. :fi:

Last edited:

Fluke

Semi 1: Opening with Russia or Australia is likely. Lithuania or Ireland is also possible, the last would be typical for many recent years, when they opened with a pretty weak and forgettable song. Ending's gotta be Malta, because you know the old saying, it ain't over....

Semi 2: Lots of choices for opening, could it be Iceland, Czechia or Serbia? Denmark, Finland or Latvia could end it.

Germany, Italy and UK could all open or end the final.

Loindici

Veteran
To compile and average from all the complete running orders:

Semi 1
Semi 2
1 🇲🇰
2 🇷🇺
3 🇱🇹
4 🇦🇺
5 🇮🇪
6 🇸🇮
7 🇸🇪
--
8 🇳🇴
9 🇮🇸
10 🇦🇿
11 🇭🇷
12 🇨🇾
13 🇷🇴
14 🇧🇪
15 🇺🇦
16 🇲🇹
1 🇲🇩
2 🇵🇱
3 🇷🇸
4 🇦🇹
5 🇪🇪
6 🇨🇿
7 🇮🇸
8 🇬🇷
9 🇸🇲
--
10 🇦🇱
11 🇬🇪
12 🇵🇹
13/14 🇧🇬/🇩🇰
15 🇨🇭
16 🇫🇮
17 🇱🇻

burrito

Semi 1:

1.:au:

2.:mk:

3.:ru:

4.:ie:

5.:lv:

6.:sl:

7.:se:

8.:cy:

9.:be:

10.:az:

11.:ua:

12.:no:

13.:il:

14.:hr:

15.:ro:

16.:mt:

Semi 2:

1.:md:

2.:at:

3.:pl:

4.:is:

5.:cz:

6.:ee:

7.:rs:

8.:gr:

9.:sm:

10.:al:

11.:ge:

12.:lv:

13.:pt:

14.:dk:

15.:ch:

16.:bg:

17.:fi:

I found this interesting article on Escxtra, and they say that basing on analysis of previous years, we should know the running order in the week between 5th and 11th April. Since the last two times it was 22 days between deadline and the reveal, my money is on 6th April reveal date - right after Easter and, again, 22 days after deadline. I've got a gut feeling about revealing the order earlier tho, possibly on March 30th or 31th. We'll see...

Jopi

My prediction:

Semi 1

Possible openers: :se::lt::au:
Possible closers: :cy::mt::az::ua:

1. :se:
2. :ie:
3. :mk:
4. :lt:
5. :ru:
6. :au:
7. :sl:
8. :ua:
9. :il:
10. :az:
11. :ro:
12. :hr:
13. :no:
14. :mt:
15. :be:
16. :cy:

Although, I'm thinking maybe they'll put :mt: last so it could not be in bottom3 tvt lol

Semi 2

Possible openers: :rs::md::gr::sm:
Possible closers: :fi::lv:

1. :md:
2. :at:
3. :gr:
4. :cz:
5. :rs:
6. :ee:
7. :pl:
8. :is:
9. :sm:
10. :pt:
11. :dk:
12. :bg:
13. :al:
14. :ge:
15. :lv:
16. :ch:
17. :fi:

Almost certain that :ch::fi: will be the last two.

Ezio

Veteran
Semi 1

:au: Upbeat, female solo
:mk: Ballad, male solo
:ru: Upbeat, female solo
:se: Ballad, male solo
:ie: Upbeat, female solo

1st break
:lt: Upbeat, male solo
:sl: Ballad, female solo
:cy: Upbeat, female solo
:be: Ballad, female solo
:az: Upbeat, female solo
:ro: Midtempo, female solo

2nd break
:hr: upbeat, female solo
:no: ballad, male solo
:mt: upbeat, female solo
:il: midtempo, female solo
:ua: indie

Ezio

Veteran
Semi 2

:sm: Upbeat, female solo
:pl: Upbeat, male solo
:at: Ballad, male solo
:md: Upbeat, female solo
:cz: Upbeat, male solo
:rs: Upbeat, female group

1st break
:ee: Ballad, male solo
:gr: Upbeat, female solo
:is: Ballad, male solo
:lv: Upbeat, female solo
:pt: Ballad, male solo

2nd break
:al: dramatic Ballad, female solo
:ch: ballad, male solo
:fi: metal
:ge: Ballad, male solo
:dk: Upbate, male duo
:bg: Ballad, female solo

Third part of the 2nd semifinal is the most confusing thing

Jopi

Semi 1

:au: Upbeat, female solo
:mk: Ballad, male solo
:ru: Upbeat, female solo
:se: Ballad, male solo
:ie: Upbeat, female solo

1st break
:lt: Upbeat, male solo
:sl: Ballad, female solo
:cy: Upbeat, female solo
:be: Ballad, female solo
:az: Upbeat, female solo
:ro: Midtempo, female solo

2nd break
:hr: upbeat, female solo
:no: ballad, male solo
:mt: upbeat, female solo
:il: midtempo, female solo
:ua: indie

Look at Andreas, already shining:love:

ekzuu

I guess it's not long until we get the official order so I'm gonna quickly write my prediction here !

SF 1. The second half is just impossible to make a sensible order I think lol.. good luck for everyone who's competing in that section
1. Ireland :ie: - something bright to kick off the show, also gives this fan favourite in this hard semi the chance to stand out more.
2. North Macedonia :mk:
3. Russia :ru:
4. Sweden :se:
5. Australia :au:
6. Slovenia :sl:
7. Lithuania :lt:
--
8. Romania :ro:
9. Croatia :hr:
10. Ukraine :ua:
11. Malta :mt:
12. Norway :no:
13. Cyprus :cy:
14. Belgium :be:
15. Israel :il:
16. Azerbaijan :az: - something quirky and interesting, leaving viewers impressed and yearn for more; but many other songs could also end it, like Cyprus, Malta...

SF 2. This second half is crazy too.. lots of very slow songs and then some very extra songs :D
1. San Marino :sm: - an opener every concert could dream of. And if they bring Flo Rida... I mean nobody will leave the TV next 2 hours because they are just SHOOK. Or.. they might skip the next 17 entries because we already have a winner :D
2. Czech Republic :cz:
3. Serbia :rs:
4. Austria :at:
5. Iceland :is:
6. Moldova :md:
7. Poland :pl:
8. Estonia :ee:
9. Greece :gr:
--
10. Georgia :ge:
11. Albania :al:
12. Portugal :pt:
13. Latvia :lv:
14. Switzerland :ch:
15. Finland :fi:
16. Bulgaria :bg:
17. Denmark :dk: - bright, cheerful, great and safe way to wrap the semifinals this year! Don't know if they deserve this big responsibility/moment though, the song is no way near the favourites. If producers want to be more risky then Finland maybe

Last edited:

Jim

SEMI-FINAL 1:

01 Slovenia
02 Lithuania
03 Ireland
04 North Macedonia
05 Sweden
06 Russia
07 Australia
08 Azerbaijan
09 Belgium
10 Israel
11 Malta
12 Ukraine
13 Croatia
14 Romania
15 Cyprus
16 Norway

SEMI-FINAL 2:

01 Poland
02 Serbia
03 Moldova
04 Estonia
05 Austria
06 San Marino
07 Czech Republic
08 Iceland
09 Greece
10 Georgia
11 Portugal
12 Finland
13 Albania
14 Denmark
15 Bulgaria
16 Switzerland
17 Latvia

Kitakaze

Interesting to see many picking Australia or Russia to open Semi 1. I’d have thought the songs would be too jarring for the average viewer and you’d think they’d want to go with a bigger favourite to avoid people switching off. 2013 aside, we’ve never had a slower song open either so that would rule out North Macedonia and Slovenia. Of the three left, I’m now thinking Lithuania is the obvious choice due to being the more entertaining act and also their experience as reliable performers... (ready to be proven wrong though).

Kitakaze

Semi Final 1​
Semi Final 2​
01 🇱🇹 Lithuania — Discoteque
02 🇮🇪 Ireland — Maps
03 🇸🇮
Slovenia — Amen
04 🇷🇺 Russia
— Russian Woman
05 🇲🇰 North Macedonia — Here I Stand
— break position
06 🇦🇺 Australia — Technicolour
07 🇸🇪 Sweden — Voices
08 🇧🇪 Belgium — The Wrong Place
09 🇭🇷 Croatia — Tik-Tock
10 🇮🇱 Israel — Set Me Free
11 🇨🇾 Cyprus — El Diablo
— break position
12 🇳🇴 Norway — Fallen Angel
13 🇦🇿 Azerbaijan
— Mata Hari
14 🇷🇴 Romania
— Amnesia
15 🇲🇹 Malta
— Je Me Cass
16 🇺🇦 Ukraine — Shum
(No Belarus)
01 🇲🇩 Moldova — Sugar
02 🇪🇪 Estonia — The Lucky One
03 🇷🇸 Serbia — Loco Loco
04 🇦🇹 Austria — Amen
05 🇵🇱 Poland
— The Ride
06 🇮🇸 Iceland
— 10 Years
— break position
07 🇸🇲 San Marino — Adrenalina
08 🇨🇿 Czechia
— Omaga
09 🇬🇷 Greece
— Last Dance
10 🇬🇪 Georgia
— You
11 🇦🇱 Albania
— Karma
12 🇨🇭 Switzerland — Tout l’Universe
— break position
13 🇩🇰 Denmark — Øve Os På Hinanden
14 🇵🇹 Portugal — Love Is On My Side
15 🇱🇻 Latvia — The Moon Is Rising
16 🇧🇬 Bulgaria — Growing Up Is Getting Old
17 🇫🇮 Finland — Dark Side
We now have our running order! Some questionable decisions IMO (mostly because it’s not how I’d do it haha) but congrats especially to the few who predicted San Marino opening and Denmark closing!

Looking at Semi 1, this is definitely a first with 7 female-led performances in a row. I’m shocked they went with that when it could’ve been avoided by placing Norway in the middle and still have an equally well balanced flow of songs. Azerbaijan-Ukraine strikes me an odd choice as well, both being high pitched ethnically-charged bangers and I’m not sure what the reasoning behind Ireland being followed by Cyprus was either. Not surprised they couldn’t resist the irony of putting Cyprus and Norway back to back though, props to those of us who saw that coming!

Can’t help but feel there could’ve been a better scenario for the second half of semi 2 as well but can only assume there’s some amazing staging planned for that Georgia-Albania-Portugal-Bulgaria run to keep the locals from nodding off. Definitely a missed opportunity not to have Finland closing with a bang also but overall can’t complain too much.

ekzuu

I guess it's not long until we get the official order so I'm gonna quickly write my prediction here !

SF 1. The second half is just impossible to make a sensible order I think lol.. good luck for everyone who's competing in that section
1. Ireland :ie: - something bright to kick off the show, also gives this fan favourite in this hard semi the chance to stand out more.
2. North Macedonia :mk:
3. Russia :ru:
4. Sweden :se:
5. Australia :au:
6. Slovenia :sl:
7. Lithuania :lt:
--
8. Romania :ro:
9. Croatia :hr:
10. Ukraine :ua:
11. Malta :mt:
12. Norway :no:
13. Cyprus :cy:
14. Belgium :be:
15. Israel :il:
16. Azerbaijan :az: - something quirky and interesting, leaving viewers impressed and yearn for more; but many other songs could also end it, like Cyprus, Malta...

SF 2. This second half is crazy too.. lots of very slow songs and then some very extra songs :D
1. San Marino :sm: - an opener every concert could dream of. And if they bring Flo Rida... I mean nobody will leave the TV next 2 hours because they are just SHOOK. Or.. they might skip the next 17 entries because we already have a winner :D
2. Czech Republic :cz:
3. Serbia :rs:
4. Austria :at:
5. Iceland :is:
6. Moldova :md:
7. Poland :pl:
8. Estonia :ee:
9. Greece :gr:
--
10. Georgia :ge:
11. Albania :al:
12. Portugal :pt:
13. Latvia :lv:
14. Switzerland :ch:
15. Finland :fi:
16. Bulgaria :bg:
17. Denmark :dk: - bright, cheerful, great and safe way to wrap the semifinals this year! Don't know if they deserve this big responsibility/moment though, the song is no way near the favourites. If producers want to be more risky then Finland maybe

I'm happy I predicted at least something correctly, like SF 2 opens San Marino, closes Denmark. I thought that Lithuania could open SF 1 but found it maybe too dark for opener.
I'm happy with some correct sequences too: 1st semi 3. Russia, 4. Sweden, 5. Australia and 2nd semi 10. Georgia, 11. Albania, 12. Portugal. Otherwise it was quite the opposite.

tkris

Semi 1:

1.:au:

2.:mk:

3.:ru:

4.:ie:

5.:lv:

6.:sl:

7.:se:

8.:cy:

9.:be:

10.:az:

11.:ua:

12.:no:

13.:il:

14.:hr:

15.:ro:

16.:mt:

Semi 2:

1.:md:

2.:at:

3.:pl:

4.:is:

5.:cz:

6.:ee:

7.:rs:

8.:gr:

9.:sm:

10.:al:

11.:ge:

12.:lv:

13.:pt:

14.:dk:

15.:ch:

16.:bg:

17.:fi:

I found this interesting article on Escxtra, and they say that basing on analysis of previous years, we should know the running order in the week between 5th and 11th April. Since the last two times it was 22 days between deadline and the reveal, my money is on 6th April reveal date - right after Easter and, again, 22 days after deadline. I've got a gut feeling about revealing the order earlier tho, possibly on March 30th or 31th. We'll see...
Somebody got the date right

Top Bottom