Contact us

Rumia 227 | There's no cock like horse cock

Milos-BC

Very hard to choose because I like all of them, but Nightwish has an advantage so I would go for "The Poet and the Pendulum".

dogmeat

nsc 201
Przewalski's Ponies - Full Moon (Leaving Home)

We started new century with a throwback to the times where ponies were the shit. The culture was always beaming with creativity, including lots of music of all sorts. Here, an insanely catchy metal anthem to arguably the most beloved character, princess Luna.

nsc 202
Svita - Swit

Briefly going back to the dawn theme. That's literally what "świt" means. You can see the early spring morning fog in the music video, and that scenery matches the song's climate. Svita is an unknown, but promising slavic folk crossover music project, and we will be sure to follow them.

nsc 203
American Murder Song - I'm Always Walking as Somebody Else

It shouldn't be difficult to guess what American Murder Song's songs are about. They do it in a dark folk/dark cabaret wild west style. The entry mentions Cain, a character from Jewish mythology, who was the world's first murderer and was cursed to live a nomadic lifestyle as punishment. In this song, Cain is thought to be embodied by every murderer, hence he's "always walking as somebody else"

dogmeat

nsc 204
Rei Kondo - Yakushi Village

Last edition, internal political problems in ISC prevented the nation's representative, Rei Kondo, to complete his participation. This was met with huge disappointment across Natia, including most NSC fans in Rumia. Which is why Rei Kondo was approached soon after by an official from Rhum Barbancourt, with a proposition to perform another track from the Okamiden soundtrack. We believe a great artist like this deserves a second chance after losing his great NSC moment due to circumstances outside his control.

dogmeat

nsc 205
Svrcina - Astronomical

It's a great pleasure to finally grab that elusive PQ spot after a series of poor results. "Astronomical" was an entry that's been in the plans for a long time now. A toned down piano ballad may be different to our usual style, but I'm glad the usual voting base enjoyed it anyway.

dogmeat

According to NSC dictionary:
  • Withdraw - to attract attention for a moment
So now that I have your attention, I need you to vote in Rumia's 15th Rockself.com Festival! (NSC 206 NF)
ssnc WLers, not this time. But you're welcome to vote too!

Voting system: 15, 12, 9, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Recap coming later
large-Black-footed-Ferret-photo.jpg

ferret show:

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
I got played so hard by that vintage dogmeat thread name trigger job.

dogmeat

A pot 6 nation of Trolldavian Islands ::slf ::slf ::tro

dogmeat

Finally, ::mor ::bel ::hal conclude the voting!

ferret

It's a pity! I thought that ddl today at 23.57... I was going to listen to it in the evening.
My favorite was far from winning, so everything is okей. :)

dogmeat

It's a pity! I thought that ddl today at 23.57... I was going to listen to it in the evening.
My favorite was far from winning, so everything is okей. :)
I'm sorry :confused: I always finish the NF after receiving 12 sets of votes, I should have clarified it.
Hopefully you'll vote in the next one! (NSC 216 most likely)

Rmetr0

Omg, so hard to keep host's neutrality here xheat xheat

I was thinking, Rei Kondo or Svita had better chances to win, but I'm sooo glad to see my fav winning here and going to the contest I host!

Congrats, and I wish the best of luck to ::rum and such a beautiful piece of music! xcheer xcheer

theditz83

Veteran
Nice winner - not normally the kind of track that would grab my support in an NF, but there was something magical about the melody that just grabbed me and wouldn't let go xup

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Wonderful winner! xlove

I'm sorry :confused: I always finish the NF after receiving 12 sets of votes, I should have clarified it.
Hopefully you'll vote in the next one! (NSC 216 most likely)
Aren't there 13 voters this time around, though? Sure Kordavian Islands is one nation, but you still counted their votes as separate votes.

Top Bottom