Contact us

Rumia 226 | Mine Mine Mine!

dogmeat

Re: Rumia | Back to the 30s

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Mr. Pinstripe Suit

Rumia is bringing some retro feeling to Doire. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is a contemporary band whose music is inspired by swing of the 30s and will represent our country with a catchy, energetic and very classy song titled Mr. Pinstripe Suit.

dogmeat

Re: Rumia | Story of Galileo Galilei

Haggard - Per Aspera Ad Astra

From the America's 30s we're moving to... um... hard to say where, actually. Haggard is a 16-member band that uniquely meddles metal with classical and medieval music. Eppur Si Muove is a concept album speaking about life of famous astronomer, Galileo Galilei. Title of the album means "And yet it moves", a phrase said to have been uttered in front of the Inquisition by Galileo.

(Adesso sono qui.)
An old dungeon hidden from all the light
Thirteen candles enlighten the dark
Shadows are playing their games on the wall
And a shimmering glow fills the arch

Now, as night steps as side, and a new dawn will break
Silently a new age of science awakes

Old theory that has been wrong
Power of the universe
Will take me to the place where I belong

Through the clauds of lies and fear
In silent moments it comes near:

In my deepest hour of darkness
They will shine.
(feel my scorn)
endlessly.
(The sword that killed the unicorn)
Splenderanno . per aspera ad astra

His theories and knowledge
Mean danger in these times
And those accused of heresy
Will not longer be alive
Hide, hide your secrets well
For in your darkest hour you should dwell

(Adesso sono qui.)
An old table covered with parchments and rolls
The great one has children of four
Callisto, Europa, Ganymed e Io
The bright universe to adore

Old theory that has been wrong
Power of the universe
Will take me to the place where I belong

Through the clauds of lies and fear
In silent moments it comes near:

In my deepest hour of darkness
They will shine.
(feel my scorn)
endlessly.
(The sword that killed the unicorn)
Splenderanno . per aspera ad astra

dogmeat

Re: Rumia

They cut our budget, so we can't afford a proper introduction right now, but this is our entry

Fiddler's Green - Yindy

dogmeat

^ Not quite sure what happened there. Our court magician speaks about paranormal activities that could be felt during NSC 88, but most say he only felt dizzy after drinking too much Pigeonian wine. Whatever.

The honor to represent Rumia on home ground went to Marty Robbins, who took us to the Wild West with his old country classic - Big Iron.

As for NSC 90, a Galician folk ensemble, Luar na Lubre, is selected to participate with this beautiful ballad - Chove en Santiago.

dogmeat

Civil war waging across Rumia, economic crisis, fall of many local breweries and bad weather in the last few days put future participation in NSC in question. Some political commentators have even started to foresee Rumia being destroyed by hostile empires. The threat is realistic as many heads of state express their dissatisfaction with current situation in the country:
"Many countries in Galea region don't respect human rights and Rumia is probably the worst on that matter."
"Poeple of Rumia suffer without a stable government. The democratic world must intervene."
"Rumia is a danger to global peace.",
"Pancakes."
Rumia was created 36 editions ago by descendants of refugees and exiles that were hiding in Rumian woods for centuries. It has managed to keep its independence without central authority and national defence, providing safe asylum for people. Should it collapse, most people will have to spread all across the continent.

silly roleplay up

actual message down

First of all, no! This is by no means a drama over non-qualification or anything just as silly! xD
I'd rather not say too much, cause revealing personal details to NSCers already proved to be dangerous xD But i'm going to get a challenging job soon and i feel i must focus more time on certain matters. Doesn't mean i'll have no time for pleasures. I took great pleasure in sharing my taste with others and there are many more songs i'd like to add to the collection. But it's becoming less and less worth it, as each decade's entries are becoming more tedious to listen to, and recent results aren't helping.

I'm not going to leave NSC like, NOW, i'll probably wait until i can finish it with my 4th anniversary NF. That will be NSC 95.

Yoni

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jeffie

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Orian :/ Please don't leave us... Some boog country will take your place.. That will make the contest even more sad :(

No Name

That's boog. But I can't deny that I've considered withdrawing too due to many of the same reasons mentioned. Recently NSC has felt like more of a duty than a pleasure and it's all escalated this edition where voting hardly crossed my mind till it was way too late. Real life has taken over for me and I've also got way too much stuff juggling to pay proper attention to NSC. NSC 92 will probably be my last as by then I'll reach my edition which I figured would be a nice milestone to take with me.

Sorry to take focus away from your own plans of withdrawal, this wasn't supposed to be announced right away, and even if yours seem a little more distant than mine it's nice to know I'm not the only one with a life that's slightly too time-consuming for NSC.

Simon87

I totally understand you, personal life is in first place, but you can always try to reconcile both : )

zechhh

Rumia and Zoidiac both leaving within the next editions would be a disaster. :(

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Civil war waging across Rumia, economic crisis, fall of many local breweries and bad weather in the last few days put future participation in NSC in question. Some political commentators have even started to foresee Rumia being destroyed by hostile empires. The threat is realistic as many heads of state express their dissatisfaction with current situation in the country:
"Many countries in Galea region don't respect human rights and Rumia is probably the worst on that matter."
"Poeple of Rumia suffer without a stable government. The democratic world must intervene."
"Rumia is a danger to global peace.",
"Pancakes."
Rumia was created 36 editions ago by descendants of refugees and exiles that were hiding in Rumian woods for centuries. It has managed to keep its independence without central authority and national defence, providing safe asylum for people. Should it collapse, most people will have to spread all across the continent.

silly roleplay up

actual message down

First of all, no! This is by no means a drama over non-qualification or anything just as silly! xD
I'd rather not say too much, cause revealing personal details to NSCers already proved to be dangerous xD But i'm going to get a challenging job soon and i feel i must focus more time on certain matters. Doesn't mean i'll have no time for pleasures. I took great pleasure in sharing my taste with others and there are many more songs i'd like to add to the collection. But it's becoming less and less worth it, as each decade's entries are becoming more tedious to listen to, and recent results aren't helping.

I'm not going to leave NSC like, NOW, i'll probably wait until i can finish it with my 4th anniversary NF. That will be NSC 95.

That's boog. But I can't deny that I've considered withdrawing too due to many of the same reasons mentioned. Recently NSC has felt like more of a duty than a pleasure and it's all escalated this edition where voting hardly crossed my mind till it was way too late. Real life has taken over for me and I've also got way too much stuff juggling to pay proper attention to NSC. NSC 92 will probably be my last as by then I'll reach my edition which I figured would be a nice milestone to take with me.

Sorry to take focus away from your own plans of withdrawal, this wasn't supposed to be announced right away, and even if yours seem a little more distant than mine it's nice to know I'm not the only one with a life that's slightly too time-consuming for NSC.

Oh you guys, you can't do this to me... :'(

Keko

e0ol7qu0.jpg

strajker

To be honest, I also feel recently like withdrawing from everything Internet related, but yet, whatever I'd withdraw from, NSC would be considered only in case I'd become deaf. But I'd still be around, you can't simply get rid of me, even though I know many would wish that. I'm already in a phase of thinking if I should withdraw or not from MSN, as many of You may have noticed I don't take part in conversations or generally, I'm online only when I'm connected on my phone.

Rumia and Zoidiac withdrawing would be a really big loss, and I really hope you can manage to stay here with us. I know the songs quality and stuff is getting worse and worse for us, but still, NSC is epic.

aletem

I understand and I've been thinking about that as well (new plans are expecting to be met starting September, and I am not sure how much time I will have). Though, I did say that when I started my Masters, but things worked ok (as I managed to dedicate and distribute time to everything.. doesn't always work great). So, we'll see. I personally don't want to leave NSC, especially after seeing how long that WL list is (no offense WL-ers, but I waited long enough to join). :lol:
You do have some really authentic entries that I am fond of, and I don't see any others that would send something like that (so obviously, it won't be nice if you leave the contest). :)

dogmeat

Nation Song Contest 91
Avantasia - Seven Angels

Seven Angels is part of a drama enclosed in two concept albums titled The Metal Opera (pt. 1 & 2). The drama is a high quality piece of literature, telling adventure of a dominican novice who finds himself entangled into struggles of a parallel world as well as his own. read more...

Music-wise, it is a complex power metal song with emphasis on orchestral elements, the longest track on the album, featuring 7 singers out of 11 featured in the whole story. The climate is sublime and exalted.

[Believers:]

Fire falling from the sky
Rage of god is coming down
Armageddon's drawing nigh
Sinner cry ! Heathen die !
Hear the toll of pain, gloria, gloria
In the fiery rain
Fire falling from the sky
Rage of god is coming down
Armageddon's drawing nigh
Sinner cry ! Heathen die !
Hear the toll of pain, gloria, gloria