Contact us

Rumia 226 | Mine Mine Mine!

doctormalisimo

Re: Rumia * NF Resluts

Yay, my 15 pointer won!!! :D

I didnt really like these guys when they were on NSC, but the song of theirs in the NF was sooo much better than their NSC one. Rumia ftw!

strajker

Re: Rumia * NF Resluts

You just made NSC 75 20% cooler.

dogmeat

Re: Rumia 75 | Nightwish - Storytime

As already said in the confirmation thread...

Nightwish - Storytime

Nightwish' upcoming 7th almum, Imaginaerum, is undoubtly the most anticipated release in Rumia at the moment. What can we expect? According to the band, a continuation of the path Nightwish developes : dramatic as always, freakier than ever, but much more positive and cheerful than in the past. All that with a massive support of London Philharmonic Orchestra. 75 minutes in 13 tracks, from epic lengthy masterpieces to simple and catchy ones, like the first single, that will compete in Roseland, titled Storytime.

Imaginaerum - out on 30th November!
Storytime - here and now!

renzo

Re: Rumia 75 | Nightwish - Storytime

its not cause its nightwish, but i quite like this! they quite rarely fail to convince me with their music

dogmeat

Re: Rumia 76 | From hell to glory!

The gods have chosen. It's time for some epic cinematic stuff.

Two Steps From Hell are a professional company focused on producing music for trailers. The wikipedia states that the group's music has been used in trailers for such films as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Star Trek, The Dark Knight, The Fighter, Avatar, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, No Country For Old Men, 2012, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, Inception, Drive Angry, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, The Town, Priest and Prince of Persia, as well as video games such as Mass Effect 2 and Killzone 3, and television shows such as Doctor Who, Game of Thrones and Blue Mountain State.
In other words, an average person is quite likely to have met with TSFH's work without even knowing (or caring) who is the composer of all these background tunes.

Rumia's NSC 76 entry, titled To Glory, makes going to a toilet feel like marching against an army. And it turned my cat into a lion. Twice.

Oh, btw. Nightwish' newest album, Imaginaerum, is already out! Check it out! Personally, i'm amazed. Very imaginative album, of great variety, full of demanding, highly-advanced compositions and rich instrumentation.

Last edited:

Grinch

Re: Rumia 76 | From hell to glory!

Hey if you like those kind of "epic" soundtracks, I recommend you E.S. Posthumus. You'll love them!

Also Imaginaerum is awesome, I've been listening to it for days (yeah I couldn't resist and downloaded before it was out, so what?) Definitely the most different album of theirs. Last Ride of The Day / Ghost River / Rest Calm / Slow, Love, Slow... Masterpiece!

dogmeat

Rumia 77 | Rasputina - Holocaust of Giants

@Grinch
Thanks, but i already know E.S. Posthumus and i even have Unstoppable on my list of potential future entries ;) Nowhere too soon, though.
And thanks for all the comments, everybody. It's always very nice to see some movement in this thread.
Anyway, time for NSC 77.

bannerrumia77.png

Yes, the banner above will be used in the show.

Two cellos, drums and vocals - with this limited instrumentarium, a trio called Rasputina plays what others describe as an "unconventional and quirky music style". It's an interesting crossover of such genres as rock, folk, gothic and indie.

They used to consider participation for Horehronieland, but due to disagreements with Horehronská Televíziá, who kept postponing their selection for countless editions and the broadcaster's declared disbelief towards the group's chances in the contest, they finally took a decision to sign under Rumian banner.

sigi

Re: Rumia 77 | Rasputina - Holocaust of Giants

awesome song and banner :)

strajker

Re: Rumia 77 | Rasputina - Holocaust of Giants

uberwoog :D

dogmeat

Re: This is Rumian NSC 78 entry. You've probably never heard of it.

melysehipstercat.jpg

Rumia is entering NSC 78 with every hipster's favorite band - The Decemberists. Being underground is too mainstream, so their last album peaked first on the Billboard chart. I have it on vinyl, of course.

Music videos are too mainstream, so they shot this video in a living room.

No Name

Re: This is Rumian NSC 78 entry. You've probably never heard of it.

tumblrlh1z8kjrjm1qe5p82.jpg

Yay, happy you actually decided to have a go with it. :mrgreen:
Great song by an even greater band, so let's see if we can make it higher than 6 this time.

On a final note, I'm having serious doubts whether it's gonna be able to preserve its hipster-you've-probably-never-heard-of-it credability after this edition as I can see it doing rather well the final. But as you should know by now, anything but bottom-5 is mainstream.:ugeek:

Last edited:

dogmeat

24th Anniversary

IT'S OUR 24TH ANNIVERSARY!
(cause celebrating decades is too mainstream)

a very hipster recap:

Last edited:
Top Bottom