Contact us

Rumia 227 | There's no cock like horse cock

dogmeat

Wonderful winner! xlove

Aren't there 13 voters this time around, though? Sure Kordavian Islands is one nation, but you still counted their votes as separate votes.
That's because ::vyl voted shortly after ::hal, before I got to close the NF. But it's not an issue since their votes didn't change even a single placing xd
Maybe i should work out a system, like getting people to sign up for voting in advance xd

Anyway, thank you everyone again for voting and for all comments! I'm glad many of you like the entry. I was really surprised by these results tbh.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I considered my 15-5 pointers the special songs here. And then came the others.
I guess a hard metal song or a symphonic metal one were missing here. xacademic Maybe next time (?). :p

dogmeat

nsc 207
Lin-Manuel Miranda - We Don't Talk About Bruno

It's our second Disney entry, after a big classic, Let It Go, many years ago. Taken from "Encanto" and written by the amazing Lin-Manuel Miranda, the author of Hamilton musical, We Don't Talk About Bruno is a Broadway style composition with creative, multi-part structure that involves half of the movie's cast.

nsc 208
Aeterna - Med Odina

Next up we have characteristically Rumian vibe: Slavic/Nordic folk rock, with flute and harp on a guitars background, in an epic song of ancient Norse myths.

nsc 209
Jorge Ben Jor - Taj Mahal

This was an unlikely discovery, and a very welcome one. Our first ever bossa nova entry, and we were glad to show you something you may not have heard before. Strong rhythm, catchy melody, and a live performance that overshadows any studio version.

dogmeat

nsc 210
Akiko Shikata - Pantalea

Akiko Shikata has been a very popular artist in Rumia for many years, and it's surprising how she's never performed under the black and yellow flag before. Her style is a blend of folk and classical, and is known for very complex, yet catchy, songwriting.

dogmeat

nsc 211
Cân Bardd - Une Couronne de Branches

Black metal and folk may seem like very different genres, but black metal artists have been using nature themes and imagery for years. Today Cân Bardd explores this link one step further. Une Couronne de Branches is an epic ballad about mourning death of a loved one. Its elaborate songwriting alternates between harsh black metal sound that represents death, and peaceful folk instruments that calm the listener like the nature calms the one who's in mourning.

dogmeat

---{ Rockself.com 16 }---

The oldest thematic NF, happening regularly since NSC 64! 17th edition of Rockself.com Festival!
Votes from 12 nations will decide who will represent Rumia in the grand final in Kadis.
Voting system: 15, 12, 9, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Deadline: when 12 nations have voted
(please note that entry #8 is not the whole video, just the track linked)

RECAP

Voters:
1. Svobodnia
2. Griffin Empire
3. Folegandria
4. Mormadorei
5. Ugaly
6. Tanoiro
7. Halito
8. Rahasia-Diati
9. New Bander State
10. Trollheimr
11. Yaponesia
12. Belvist​

Last edited:

dogmeat

Last edited:

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Unfortunately I am away this weekend and won't be back until Monday. If the deadline is extended then I will vote (and it should be tbh because it's less than 6 days currently).

dogmeat

TIL there's a limit of 50 images in a single post.

::svo::grf::slf
Standings after 3 voters:

Last edited:

dogmeat

::mor::ugl::tan
Standings after 6 voters:

Last edited:

dogmeat

::hal::rah::nbs
Standings after 9 voters:

dogmeat

::tro::yap::bel
Final standings:

Last edited:

dogmeat

nsc 217
Magnus Ludvigsson - Sosso

Oddly enough, this entry was discovered through a Youtube ad. Epidemic Sound is a company employing a wide selection of composers, that offers soundtracks for all purposes - films, YT, social media, streaming, etc. Magnus Lduvigsson's beautiful classical piece would elevate any video, and now will elevate NSC 217 lineup.

Last edited:

dogmeat

nsc 218
Wind Rose - Together We Rise

After a few slower entries, we decided it's the right time for some power metal. Nuclear Blast Records have a number of fantasy themes signed under their label, such as dragons, pirates, space warriors, and Scotland. Wind Rose, who previously represented Vylkuzeme and Belviat, added dwarves, in its Tolkienesque form, to the list.

Last edited:

dogmeat

nsc 219
Devin Townsend - Why?

Devin Townsend is a musician who's been active in the prog scene for several decades. In his 2019 album Empath he combines various styles in incredibly creative and challenging compositions, that we proudly present to wider audience in NSC.

Top Bottom