Contact us

Romania ROMANIA 2023 - Theodor Andrei - D.G.T. (Off and On)

How do you rate this entry?

2 1.5%

4 3.0%

9 6.8%

11 8.3%

10 7.6%

11 8.3%

9 6.8%

15 11.4%

12 9.1%

20 15.2%

29 22.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Looks like we'll have a 100% televoting final.

“We are a new team and we propose a different Eurovision contest, based on transparency, professionalism and digitization. We changed the voting system: only the public will choose the piece that will represent Romania. And one more thing: this Eurovision will be on air on TVR and much more present than in the past online, on social media networks”

Hmm sure.

A-lister

Veteran
Looks like we'll have a 100% televoting final.

“We are a new team and we propose a different Eurovision contest, based on transparency, professionalism and digitization. We changed the voting system: only the public will choose the piece that will represent Romania. And one more thing: this Eurovision will be on air on TVR and much more present than in the past online, on social media networks”

Hmm sure.

Great news! The Romanian juries tend to be shady (to say the least), let's hope there won't be any voting tampering.

I have much greater trust in the public vote (unless it's some local tween girls' fav lol).

Realest

WRS won thanks to the Juries.

hijirio

Veteran
Manele please xcheer xcheer xcheer
Go hard or go home

Mainshow

Veteran

Romanian broadcaster TVR releases first details of selection process​

Hola, mi bebé-bés!

Romanian broadcaster TVR has released initial details of their selection process for Liverpool 2023.

Interested applicants have between November 14 and December 11 to submit songs via the instructions listed on the official website.

The final of Selecţia Naţională is tentatively earmarked for Saturday 11 February. We’ll update you with full details of the show, along with the names of the artists involved, when they’re released in December.

hijirio

Veteran
I really want Romania to win! They have come close so many times, but always something was missing. They have one of the best music scenes in Europe, it's a shame that it doesn't translate to Eurovision entries. Romania should really take notes from Moldova, and they actually have bigger budget?? Just win soon please!! xcheer

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
This reminds me of this tweet :lol:
FbF5hXy.png

The preselection will happen on 14-16 December and we will find out the 12 participants on 19 December. The professional jury consists of: Sebastian Ferent (Untold and Neversea director, two of the biggest festivals in Romania), Laura Coroianu (Emagic co-founder, big event organising bussiness), Bogdan Stratula (program director for numerous radios such as Virgin Radio, Radio ZU, ProFM), John Varbiu (founder of Summer Well festival), Alin Vaida (founder of Jazz in the Park festival) and Mihai Predescu (Romanian 2023 HoD).

Curious choices for the jury, compared to last year. It's mostly people who worked with various foreign big stars, they know how to stage stuff so it should be interesting.

Mainshow

Veteran
I´m glad they cut the amount of participants for their national final.
The quality has been quite low, lately.

Anyway, :ro: can still be quite competitive at Eurovision and they just need the right song + performance to truely shine again.
Also, Romania has been quite close to winning and I wouldn´t mind them to finally host ESC....
Please... there needs to be a hell of a song among the 85 submissions!

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
iirc their NF this year was a major hot mess, it's wild how out of it they got such a hot entry. I always look forward to seeing what gems are sitting in their NF because usually there is at least 1 or 2 songs i would like a lot. Romania could be such a powerhouse considering the strength of their domestic music industry. TVR just need to harvest it more.

hijirio

Veteran
This is the 2022 song that aged the best xqueenbitch

What a lost opportunity of experiencing this live in May, Ukraine's televote points would be cut in half xrofl xrofl xrofl

HanVic123

• Adriana Moraru – Faralaes
  • Aledaida – Bla Bla Bla
  • AMIA – Puppet
  • Andrada Popa – No time for me
  • Andreea D Folclor Orchestra – Periniţa mea
  • Deiona – Call on me
  • Erin Dăneţ – Bad&cool
  • Maryliss – Hai Vino
  • Ocean Drive – Take you home
  • No Artist – Statues
  • Steven Roho x Gabriella x Formaţia Albatros – Lele