Contact us

Romania ROMANIA 2023 - Theodor Andrei - D.G.T. (Off and On)

How do you rate this entry?

2 1.5%

4 3.0%

9 6.8%

11 8.3%

10 7.6%

11 8.3%

9 6.8%

15 11.4%

12 9.1%

20 15.2%

29 22.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Ele

It looks like Aledaida just uploaded the final version of bla bla bla and it sounds promising. I hope she can do it live even better! 😁

aef

It looks like Aledaida just uploaded the final version of bla bla bla and it sounds promising. I hope she can do it live even better! 😁
It sounds indeed very promising for previous :ro: quality standards! Not a completely innovative song but still very catchy.

njdevils94

Veteran
Call on Me has been revamped as well. A big improvement from the original but something still missing for me.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Not a completely innovative song but still very catchy.

I mean, SloMo wasn't reinventing the wheel either and it worked. That being said, I'm not sure if Aledaida can pull such a strong stage presence, we might get another Amnesia moment on our hands.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I mean, SloMo wasn't reinventing the wheel either and it worked. That being said, I'm not sure if Aledaida can pull such a strong stage presence, we might get another Amnesia moment on our hands.

No they're all still copying Fuego because ofc Eleni invented firey pop tracks. 👀

Bla Bla Bla is would be a real good choice tbh. Don't need to constantly reivent the wheel all the time, 90% of Eurovision sounds like something else anyway, and that other 10% is whatever Moldova sends. Stage presence and charisma will be important though, such songs need plenty of sass.

simori95

Finally got around to listen to Romanias choices. I am not too impressed by the overall Final, but I have found some songs that I like. None of the songs feel very competitive to me until I see the stagings, but sometimes it's okay to enjoy a song anyway, even though it's not the most suitable for the contest itself. I just wish some singers had better vocals or some songs had better productions, cause there was a lot of potential, just not always the most promising execution.

1. Andrei Dutu - Statues 8/10
2. Aledaida - Bla bla bla 8/10
3. Adriana Moraru - Faralaes 7,25/10
4. JaxMan - Bad and cool 7/10
5. Steven Roho, Gabriella, Formatia Albatros - Lele 7/10
6. Andreea D Folclor Orchestra - Perinita mea 6,75/10
7. Amia - Puppet 6,5/10
8. Theodor Andrei - D.G.T. (Off and on) 6/10
9. Ocean Drive - Take you home 5,5/10
10. Deiona - Call on me 5/10
11. Andrada Popa - No time for me 4,5/10
12. Maryliss - Hai vino 3/10

PolarFoxxie.

Omg omg omg news of the week anti LGBT Romanian ex candidate for esc who voted against gay marriage Laura Bretan just announced on her social media that she will perform at family research council famous for its actions against LGBT community. Google family research council and it's founder Tony Perkins. With that she officially confirmed she will never again apply for Eurovision.

To all the surprises she follows on insta one gay young singer. Yikes.

ollibox

Hi!xwave

So, my opinion of Romanian national selection is here (first impression, watched only the song presentation videos on Eurovisionworld.com, so no idea about the staging):

12. Theodor Andrei - "D.G.T. (Off and On)"
Nope, not my cup of tea. Sorry. The singer is quite good though. Not the right song for him, I'd say. I'd predict bottom 5 @ Selecția Națională.

11. JaxMan - "Bad & Cool''
This time I checked the songwriters straightaway :D To my surprise, not western! :D Anybody else hearing Eiffel 65's "Blue (Da Ba Dee)"? Somewhat catchy, but as with Eiffel 65's song, leaves me a bit cold. Not a contender in my book, sorry.

10. Maryliss - "Hai vino"
Great country vibe, nothing bad to say. Not very impressed by the singer, unfortunately. The song brings some diversity to Selecția Națională and that's great! It's a good effort, but I can't see this ending up anywhere near TOP 5... But the song would deserve it.

9. Ocean Drive - "Take You Home"
Hmm... Mixed feelings about that. Somehow it resembles more Latvian and Lithuanian entries from a few years ago. NOT a bad song. Not going to my playlist either. Also, I can't see this ranking high in Selecția Națională 2023. This song is kind of a "in the middle" song and that spells "not great" result in the end.

8. Andreea D Folclor Orchestra - "Periniţa mea"
And there's some folk as well! If we look at Moldova 2022, that could bring some good points @ ESC. Although, I feel this song is a bit weaker than "Trenuleţul". I think it needs a little revamp and it's good to go to Liverpool! Take "Zaleilah" by Mandinga as a role model :D By the way, I still play that track at almost every party I perform as a DJ :)

7. Aledaida - "Bla Bla Bla''
With this one, also mixed feelings. Nice, memorable melody in some places, but the chorus lacks some power. Maybe on stage live performance would change my opinion, the song itself and the singer are quite good.

6. Steven Roho, Gabriella, Formaţia Albatros - "Lele"
This could be quite impactful on stage! This presentation video gives me no emotions though. With the right staging I would rank them higher for sure. At the moment, near TOP 5 would be the absolute maximum for that song.

5. Adriana Moraru - "Faralaes"
The beat is very catchy. Unfortunately the song overall stays a bit bland and not exciting, at least for my taste. I automatically compared it to "SloMo" for some reason... That's my problem, of course. Nevertheless, it would be a TOP 5 contender in Romania, no doubt.

4. Andrada Popa - "No Time for Me"
Awww... So sweet! My opinion - almost the same as for Deiona's song. Quite a heart warmer, but lacks a bit of something... Don't mind if she wins, but it would be tough for her to get into the final @ ESC.

3. Andrei Duţu - "Statues"
Ok, that song has some winning vibes! Very western beat (read: Swedish) and that appeals to a wide scale of audience @ ESC in my opinion.
EDIT: just checked who the songwriter is and I'm not surprised at all - Kjetil Mørland :D

2. Deiona - "Call on Me"
Very nice song! Nice melody, nice girl, nice voice. Reminds me a bit of Leona Lewis "Bleeding Love", which I love a lot. Might be a contender for the win, but I'm afraid that in Liverpool it could remain in the shadows of more powerful songs (like it happened to Croatia in 2022, LOVED that song!).

1. Amia - "Puppet"
Well, that's a nice swing band beat! Makes my leg twitch a little :D Singer's also not bad at all!
I see it ending up in TOP 3 in Romania for sure! People will like it, not sure about the juries. But as I understand, there'll be 100% televote in Romania, so... I'll definitely listen to that song more than once ;)

Overall impression of Selecția Națională 2023 - there are good songs, but not overwhelmingly great songs. Quite a decent national final, nothing bad to say. No great bangers, more mild and soft songs dominate. In my view, anyway.

Feel free to disagreexcoffee

Cheers!xwave

Looren

Veteran
Hi!xwave

So, my opinion of Romanian national selection is here (first impression, watched only the song presentation videos on Eurovisionworld.com, so no idea about the staging):

12. Theodor Andrei - "D.G.T. (Off and On)"
Nope, not my cup of tea. Sorry. The singer is quite good though. Not the right song for him, I'd say. I'd predict bottom 5 @ Selecția Națională.

11. JaxMan - "Bad & Cool''
This time I checked the songwriters straightaway :D To my surprise, not western! :D Anybody else hearing Eiffel 65's "Blue (Da Ba Dee)"? Somewhat catchy, but as with Eiffel 65's song, leaves me a bit cold. Not a contender in my book, sorry.

10. Maryliss - "Hai vino"
Great country vibe, nothing bad to say. Not very impressed by the singer, unfortunately. The song brings some diversity to Selecția Națională and that's great! It's a good effort, but I can't see this ending up anywhere near TOP 5... But the song would deserve it.

9. Ocean Drive - "Take You Home"
Hmm... Mixed feelings about that. Somehow it resembles more Latvian and Lithuanian entries from a few years ago. NOT a bad song. Not going to my playlist either. Also, I can't see this ranking high in Selecția Națională 2023. This song is kind of a "in the middle" song and that spells "not great" result in the end.

8. Andreea D Folclor Orchestra - "Periniţa mea"
And there's some folk as well! If we look at Moldova 2022, that could bring some good points @ ESC. Although, I feel this song is a bit weaker than "Trenuleţul". I think it needs a little revamp and it's good to go to Liverpool! Take "Zaleilah" by Mandinga as a role model :D By the way, I still play that track at almost every party I perform as a DJ :)

7. Aledaida - "Bla Bla Bla''
With this one, also mixed feelings. Nice, memorable melody in some places, but the chorus lacks some power. Maybe on stage live performance would change my opinion, the song itself and the singer are quite good.

6. Steven Roho, Gabriella, Formaţia Albatros - "Lele"
This could be quite impactful on stage! This presentation video gives me no emotions though. With the right staging I would rank them higher for sure. At the moment, near TOP 5 would be the absolute maximum for that song.

5. Adriana Moraru - "Faralaes"
The beat is very catchy. Unfortunately the song overall stays a bit bland and not exciting, at least for my taste. I automatically compared it to "SloMo" for some reason... That's my problem, of course. Nevertheless, it would be a TOP 5 contender in Romania, no doubt.

4. Andrada Popa - "No Time for Me"
Awww... So sweet! My opinion - almost the same as for Deiona's song. Quite a heart warmer, but lacks a bit of something... Don't mind if she wins, but it would be tough for her to get into the final @ ESC.

3. Andrei Duţu - "Statues"
Ok, that song has some winning vibes! Very western beat (read: Swedish) and that appeals to a wide scale of audience @ ESC in my opinion.
EDIT: just checked who the songwriter is and I'm not surprised at all - Kjetil Mørland :D

2. Deiona - "Call on Me"
Very nice song! Nice melody, nice girl, nice voice. Reminds me a bit of Leona Lewis "Bleeding Love", which I love a lot. Might be a contender for the win, but I'm afraid that in Liverpool it could remain in the shadows of more powerful songs (like it happened to Croatia in 2022, LOVED that song!).

1. Amia - "Puppet"
Well, that's a nice swing band beat! Makes my leg twitch a little :D Singer's also not bad at all!
I see it ending up in TOP 3 in Romania for sure! People will like it, not sure about the juries. But as I understand, there'll be 100% televote in Romania, so... I'll definitely listen to that song more than once ;)

Overall impression of Selecția Națională 2023 - there are good songs, but not overwhelmingly great songs. Quite a decent national final, nothing bad to say. No great bangers, more mild and soft songs dominate. In my view, anyway.

Feel free to disagreexcoffee

Cheers!xwave

Same N°1 xheart

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Statues live:

People on twitter are overreacting over his vocals tbh, I don't think it was terrible.

Top Bottom