Veteran
I hope they won't give up after 3 dreadful years.. :(
Organize good NF and smth great will win it. :) xup

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran

Sammy

Veteran
Someone that actually can sing for a change 🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻 I love Roxen, her music is amazing, but girl cannot sing without autotune to save her life 😬
I remember (roughly) MIHAI saying about her nomination that she was the only one he‘d accept to be in Eurovision when he‘s not there because she was the only one who could keep up with him vocally. :lol::lol::lol:

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

rasmuslights

Veteran

OK so they will be there next probably...

but I do want their collab with Global Records to continue... Their nf was just awful and if they return to it they will achieve nothing...

Biscuit02

Romania has been really quiet, I wonder what they are planning for 2022? Hope Selectia Nationala returns but in a new way idk if that makes sense.

lasse braun

with selectia nationala 2022 in the pipeline,
i would prefer a very special comeback - opera/pop mix is normally not my cup of tea but this song is world class! x12points
same level like annalisas ballad for italia in 2018! xheart
with her in the 2019 ESC romania would have been a real challenger for the win! xqueenbitch
but 2 guys from a famous (maybe too famous blog) had other plans.xdiablo
but the most important thing of course is,that the audience = televoter get back 50%+ and the last word.
the modus from 2019 was really crazy,not fair and has given the jury too much power...the end of the story is history.

krivac

Anything will be better choice than Roxen. Her vocals were atrocious and the song godawful!

I miss the good old Romania.

AlekS

Veteran
The rules:

TVR will announce 45 semifinalists on December 23.

The public will vote online on Facebook. The best 5 songs (according to the public) will qualify for televized semifinal, as well as 15 songs selected by the jury.

Televized semifinal will take place on February 12. The jury will select 10 finalists.

The final will take place on March 5 (50/50 voting system).

Last edited:

Mimmon

Veteran
I was about to go to sleep until I discover this...
A man,a legend,a myth has new song under 3 mins which means he submitted new song for the Selectia Nationala 2022

Kaz

with selectia nationala 2022 in the pipeline,
i would prefer a very special comeback - opera/pop mix is normally not my cup of tea but this song is world class! x12points
same level like annalisas ballad for italia in 2018! xheart
with her in the 2019 ESC romania would have been a real challenger for the win! xqueenbitch
but 2 guys from a famous (maybe too famous blog) had other plans.xdiablo
but the most important thing of course is,that the audience = televoter get back 50%+ and the last word.
the modus from 2019 was really crazy,not fair and has given the jury too much power...the end of the story is history.

Hot take here but I think that that Romania were destined for an NQ in 2019 regardless of their entrant.

We all know exactly how...fond...the juries tend to feel towards popera and Dear Father is a prime example of this type of song. I think the easiest and most relevant comparison to make would be between Dear Father and La Forza. Maybe they would reward Laura's vocals but like...they ranked Elina Nechayeva 7th in her semi just one year prior. ESC18 semi 1 and ESC19 semi 2 are generally considered two of the toughest semi-finals of all time, and so I have a hard time seeing how Laura could possibly beat Elina in either televote or jury ranking. I am of the firm opinion that Laura would not have increased Romania's jury ranking (10th) in this semi-final to a noticeable degree. Considering that the jury ranking in this semi went:
7th Russia 93
8th Moldova 58
9th Denmark 53
10th Romania 47
Like maybe she could have slid up to 8th or 9th? But she definitely would not have been approaching Sergey's position at all.
I will admit that Laura would have done better than Ester in the televote, but would have probably only placed 9th-11th in the televote overall alongside Albania, Malta & Denmark. Overall this might have been enough for her to qualify instead of Denmark but I really don't think Dear Father is the pinnacle of robbed queenery that the fandom often likes to claim lol.

The only way I could have seen Romania slithering into the final would have been if they sent Bella Santiago, and if she opened the semi-final instead of Srbuk. She would have stood out as the only female uptempo song in the first half of the semi, and being followed by the dreary songs of Ireland, Moldova, Latvia etc. would have helped push her through. But even then I would argue her qualification would only be borderline, as it would depend on whether the televote could propel her enough in spite of an inevitable low-ish jury score.

Top Bottom