'Cause you're not alone, not alone
I try to fight but it's getting strong, getting strong, getting strong
Oh, I lost myself tryna have it all
Self love amnesia, don't worry if it got you
'Cause you're not alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The issue for me is the autotune. The song has a lovely, empathetic message, but her voice sounds inhuman and cold. There's no entry point into the empathy she's selling atm, and that's bad.

The composition itself is low impact and only slightly worse than Alcohol you. I disliked the latter because it had stupid ass metaphors however, that somehow convinced people it was 'a masterpiece'. :sick:. No, it was pretentious rubbish. Love yourself!!!

I'll stick with :5:. It's an average song, but the intent is good at least. You tried RoxRox! I would rather have a good composition without a meaningful message at any given time however, like most normies...x

pardoESC

Because she is a stan iirc. But out of the two stans we have this year, Victoria clearly wins for me.

"Alcohol You" was okay last year, it moderately grew on me without reaching my "like" category though.

This "Amnesia" however, sounds very average to me, it's the "spotify-friendly stuff that gets released daily" kind. Not bad, not good, and she's not interesting enough vocally to give it some sort of spark.

The production and MV are fine and all, but it does nothing to me.

I expect this effort to be well staged/performed and to qualify, even if I would not shed a tear if it did not.

:5: points.
I think Roxen is more "Del Rey" then Eilish

VikingTiger

Roxen has a cool voice. But that's about it for me, I'm afraid. I still play Cherry Red though! I never warmed up to Alcohol You. And I really cant see myself adding Amnesia to my playlist.. not now and not in the future.
...Yaaawn...

Pål Nordahl

I’ve listened to this several more times today, hoping that it would maybe grow on me a little bit because other people seem to love it. But there’s just nothing to grab onto. The melody is quite simple and pleasant enough, but the song doesn’t take me anywhere. At the end I’m left feeling exactly the same as I felt at the beginning. Sticking with :5: points.

rasmuslights

Veteran
ok this will qualify, just imagine the staging potential for this song, it will also be one of the most modern tracks in the evening + Roxen's voice is soo unique and she can sing, not to mention that TVR also now has the budget of the biggest record company in Romania, I think we should not underrate this.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
After listening to Moldova and Serbia, I really hope we're going back to something uptempo next year, it's what we do best tbh, not even TVR can ruin a good hit. If this is the best we can do with 'sad indie girl' style then maybe it's not for us in Eurovision, Bulgaria can have it, not to mention this kind of music is not very relevant to our local music industry.

Realest

Already -4 Places down in the Odds after 1 Day.
Reminds me of Trashster Peony, who fell 31 Places during the whole Season.

grazy2266

I enjoyed the start of the song and thought it would take me somewhere, but it didn't seem to get there, was rather disappointed in the end.

litewave

Roxen is an alien. She went to earth, got stuck here and forgot about her original self.

As did we.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
on a sunday is fantastic and should have qualified. and tbh it would be so unfair to see roxen qualifying with a way inferior song

but hey look at the good side at least they are not tr*mp supporters so i guess they won in life xangel

ESC94

No it´s my turn to write a comment about Roxen. ;)

I like this song much more than her entry in 2020, the melody isn´t as lame as last year and her voice sound also more pleasant for me. But still it´s a bit boring for me, the title "Amnesia" fits perfectly, because after a few minutes the song disappears from my mind again. :confused:

At the moment I give :5: to :ro:, it´s better than last year but still not a masterpiece.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I had issues with Alcohol You but at the same time I thought it was actually an entry with a lot of potential. Softly anthemic and rather poignant. Amnesia meanwhile doesn't make me feel much of anything. There's nothing here to complain about and yet I can't find particularly much to celebrate. It's ok but honestly pretty much everything from Roxen's unintentionally hilarious NF last year was better. Juries have had the hots for colder entries with even less of an identity so who knows what might happen, but Amnesia doesn't feel like the song Roxen should have returned with after being given a year to think of something. I'm honestly quite surprised as I thought Romania would have gone harder here.

I can only give :5: points right now.

Iker

Veteran
I had issues with Alcohol You but at the same time I thought it was actually an entry with a lot of potential. Softly anthemic and rather poignant. Amnesia meanwhile doesn't make me feel much of anything. There's nothing here to complain about and yet I can't find particularly much to celebrate. It's ok but honestly pretty much everything from Roxen's unintentionally hilarious NF last year was better. Juries have had the hots for colder entries with even less of an identity so who knows what might happen, but Amnesia doesn't feel like the song Roxen should have returned with after being given a year to think of something. I'm honestly quite surprised as I thought Romania would have gone harder here.

I can only give :5: points right now.

I love your posts not only for its funny or discerning content but also for your use of idioms like ... 'having the hots'. I understood you but simultaneously I realised that it's not something that I am accustomed to using, hearing or seeing! I did not know that, I swear ... and my English is pretty good for someone who's not a native speaker I daresay. It's definitely the idioms that surprise me and fascinate me the most in English.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I love your posts not only for its funny or discerning content but also for your use of idioms like ... 'having the hots'. I understood you but simultaneously I realised that it's not something that I am accustomed to using, hearing or seeing! I did not know that, I swear ... and my English is pretty good for someone who's not a native speaker I daresay. It's definitely the idioms that surprise me and fascinate me the most in English.

2159dcc06983761778bf2ee80ed2c801_w200.gif

I wasn't aware that I was using so many idioms, I guess as they just come naturally. They're so frequently used in English. I like the expression of having the hots for something. It always makes me laugh. It's mostly used for when someone has a sexual attraction to someone.

Iker

Veteran
2159dcc06983761778bf2ee80ed2c801_w200.gif

I wasn't aware that I was using so many idioms, I guess as they just come naturally. They're so frequently used in English. I like the expression of having the hots for something. It always makes me laugh. It's mostly used for when someone has a sexual attraction to someone.
I don't think you use a lot of them. It is just that some of them stand out once in a while and I sometimes discover sth new (which very rarely happens otherwise).

94ayd

Yesterday, when I first heard it, it didn't leave any serious impression on me and was thinking of giving it a :5:. Today, suddenly I've already replayed it 5 times and can actually remember the chorus. I can only upgrade it to a :6: though as her mumbling still drags it down. Much better than last year's effort which was my dead last. Don't get why she doesn't enter with a bop like Over and Over or even Wonderland. I can also sense a similarity to Don't Break Me (:au: 2020) but I get the Walking Out comparisons too.

Top Bottom