Self love amnesia, don't worry if it got you
'Cause you're not alone, not alone
I try to fight but it's getting strong, getting strong, getting strong
Oh, I lost myself tryna have it all
Self love amnesia, don't worry if it got you
'Cause you're not alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

Wow this is a huge surprise for me. I'm really digging this somehow. The song fits so well to Roxen. For me it's way better than her 2020 entry. It's not among my top favorites but a very interesting, current entry by :ro:! :6: points for now!

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
It's not on the same level as any of the NF songs from last year, not even close. But it's still a good song. They had one f'cking year to deliver something competitive, knowing what the 'rivals' will aim for and they did none of that...

As usual
156878955-3838635119513405-823115833507638367-o.jpg

(fresh artist, record label, radio-friendly entry and...dun dun dun TVR)

:7: points.

Miloutchi

I don’t dislike it. It might be a grower. I need to listen to it a few more times before I give my final opinion.

crashworld

Veteran
Seems like they have the staging concept in mind when they film the video. I can definitely see the staging having the exact same concept of the music video.

The song itself is just average. I am going to keep it as a :5: for now.

CPV4931

Very contrary to Belgium for me here, "Alcohol you" was one of my favorites last years, but "Amnesia" is not really my cup of tea

aef

I already need to upgrade this from :6: to :8: points! I really love the progression and flow of the song.

njdevils94

Veteran
I really like it on first listen. :)

Better than Alcohol You. Likely a finalist as the jury will score this high for being very modern and radio friendly.

Preuss

I've been listening to this about ten times, but it hasn't really grown on me as much as I thought it would. I hope Roxen can do something interesting with her song live for the final minute or so

Seok-jin

It's not on the same level as any of the NF songs from last year, not even close. But it's still a good song. They had one f'cking year to deliver something competitive, knowing what the 'rivals' will aim for and they did none of that...

As usual
156878955-3838635119513405-823115833507638367-o.jpg

(fresh artist, record label, radio-friendly entry and...dun dun dun TVR)

:7: points.
I expected this. xheat
The song is not bad, but it's too average and you completely forget about it after listening to few more songs... I guess we will miss the final once again this year. xcry

Ianp16

This is cool. It's not really my thing but I think it has huge potential.

I was hoping at the moment starting at about 2:05 on the Youtube upload, when the clubby beat kicks in that the song would transform into a euphoric pop banger but then it retreats and disappears. They missed a trick there.

The video clip is really beautiful and Roxen is magnetic to watch.

pardoESC

I love this song very much, and I really like the singer, it's going to be her third song that's in my playlist on Softfei along with last year's song and her collaboration with Alexander Rybak.

tuorem

Why is she stylistically Billie Eilish?
Because she is a stan iirc. But out of the two stans we have this year, Victoria clearly wins for me.

"Alcohol You" was okay last year, it moderately grew on me without reaching my "like" category though.

This "Amnesia" however, sounds very average to me, it's the "spotify-friendly stuff that gets released daily" kind. Not bad, not good, and she's not interesting enough vocally to give it some sort of spark.

The production and MV are fine and all, but it does nothing to me.

I expect this effort to be well staged/performed and to qualify, even if I would not shed a tear if it did not.

:5: points.

I bims

Veteran
Love her Billie Eilish cosplay in the music video. It's spooky how similar they look from certain angles. (I'm not saying the song sounds like Billie Eilish by the way, it doesn't).

I don't like the song. Wasn't a huge fan of Alcohol You as well.
This doesn't really stick with me, I've already forgotten how it sounds. And I have to say I don't like her voice in this song at all. It's a :3: for me right now. And I think this will struggle to qualify.

crashworld

Veteran
I do agree, between the 2 Billie Ellish wannabes, Victoria does it better for me. But then she has 6 freaking songs out to pick. So one of them is bound to be better than "Amnesia".

I bims

Veteran
I do agree, between the 2 Billie Ellish wannabes, Victoria does it better for me. But then she has 6 freaking songs out to pick. So one of them is bound to be better than "Amnesia".
I mean as far as I know it will either be "Imaginary Friend" or "Growing Up Is Getting Old" and both of those are way stronger than "Amnesia" in my opinion.

Which is so sad I thought they had such a strong selection last year and now this is what she actually ends up with in Rotterdam...

midnightsun

Veteran
Roxen‘s song was probably my biggest grower last year. While I wasn’t impressed at first because it was hard to get into the song I really loved it later. It was like a good wine and got better each year (in this case: each time I‘d listened to it) until it got a long lasting beautiful aftertaste.

I hardly doubt Amnesia will have the same effect. The song has no highlight plus her voice is so autotuned in an unfortunate way that it put me off big time. Her voice was so special last year. Mature voice in a clumsy body, this year it’s the opposite.

Same with the lyrics. I hated them last year, I think they‘re well chosen and important this year but musicwise it’s the other way round, unfortunately.

So for now a solid 5 for the effort spreading an important message and the great video. But that’s not what counts on Eurovision night. Alcohol you had at least some notable bridge and key change that stuck in your ear while Amnesia has... nothing.

Top Bottom