'Cause you're not alone, not alone
I try to fight but it's getting strong, getting strong, getting strong
Oh, I lost myself tryna have it all
Self love amnesia, don't worry if it got you
'Cause you're not alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

HayashiM

Veteran
Alcohol you was my joint n°3 last year... So, this is probably THE letdown of the season :( It might grow on me, but for now I forced myself to listen to it 3 times and I am borderline annoyed with absolutely no desire to go for yet another repeat.

I realize the whole music video has probably some strong artistic value in all things related to the mental health problems topic, like the bells ringing and annoying your brain with worries that there's someone trying and failing to reach your neighbours, there's also some potential depth with all the dancing symbolic... But overall, it's really not my cup of tea. At least the lyrics are rather solid, I can sympathize with the message, so it's not a complete Set Me Free level of cringe.

A cautious :5:, sorry, Roxen :(

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
So they should send silly yodelling again you think? LMAO

Well Yodel It was a hit, not everything has to be super serious. For what it was it was really great and tbh deserved the televote response it got. It wasn't even surprising it did that well with the televote either imo. However, going for the televote doesn't automatically mean OmgJokeAct, Romania have sent some absolute hits over the past years and have performed far better in the televote than the juries with each of them, ofc overall with some mixed results, but all qualifying for the final.

2013 with Cezar the same thing, but they only used averages so I don't count it here. Romania has the means to produce some great entries, and their history proves that. They are more than capable, so it's a real shame when they don't match up to it.

All that said ofc, I don't agree with the notion they should focus on just the televote. It's only 50% of the vote so there is 0 logic in that.

Iker

Veteran
Well Yodel It was a hit, not everything has to be super serious. For what it was it was really great and tbh deserved the televote response it got. It wasn't even surprising it did that well with the televote either imo. However, going for the televote doesn't automatically mean OmgJokeAct, Romania have sent some absolute hits over the past years and have performed far better in the televote than the juries with each of them, ofc overall with some mixed results, but all qualifying for the final.

2013 with Cezar the same thing, but they only used averages so I don't count it here. Romania has the means to produce some great entries, and their history proves that. They are more than capable, so it's a real shame when they don't match up to it.

All that said ofc, I don't agree with the notion they should focus on just the televote. It's only 50% of the vote so there is 0 logic in that.
Things like Yodel it! I found gross though. I dislike such kindergarten-ish songs a lot. But it went viral indeed.

Ezio

Veteran
This is a drab song. The wild dancing to the tired sound is a bit off to me.

The song is truly an album filler. Borderline purgatory at best for now.

Pål Nordahl

I’m so disappointed by this song. Maybe my expectations were too high because I liked Alcohol You, but this is very average. Competition is strong this year - :5: points is the most I can give it. :( Sorry Romania

DiabloRoma

I may agree with you about how some parts of the song sound, but seriously: the topic deserves to be heard. And sung from a 19 yo girl makes sense. How many of them get lost right at that age?

12 only for that, kudos to everyone, Roxen and authors.

MAD20

I hope they bring the video concept to the stage. I liked far more Alcohol You but this song, with a proper staging, can be a dark horse.

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

Iker

Veteran
I hope they bring the video concept to the stage. I liked far more Alcohol You but this song, with a proper staging, can be a dark horse.
A dark horse for barely scraping itself into the final? If you mean that I agree.

empo21

Veteran
:7: from me. There's a lot of songs with a similar sound, which is why I was a bit let down. Her songs last year were better imo.

What I like though is the video and Roxen's attitute/presence. It looks like she's more comfortable owning the stage and that should give the live performace a boost. Last year she seemed a bit stiff in the NF, but it looks like she's growing as an artist/performer.

Arion

Ok... I think Roxen may be my favorite again. This gurl just gets me.

:12:

Thank you very much

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom