I try to fight but it's getting strong, getting strong, getting strong
Oh, I lost myself tryna have it all
Self love amnesia, don't worry if it got you
'Cause you're not alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Question ,when the official release tomorrow is ?
I heard they showing on Romanian TV at 21:00 but not sure
Probably around the same hour on her official YT channel. It's already released in some countries on Spotify.

Mrm

Veteran
I will give fuckin' 12 to this... xlove xheart
This gives me some RnB Eastern European realness.. xheat

I can't wait to see video of this.. :eek:

Mrm

Veteran
And the way she says "Amnesia".. xheat

crashworld

Veteran
Not sure if it's geo-blocked. But it is up on her official youtube channel (but I believe it's still unlisted).

Here is the Spotify link:

Now I know why I can never fully support Roxen is because I really dislike how she sings. It feels like she is borderline "slurring" when she sings. The song is OK. I think she is more comfortable with slow/mid-tempo songs. But I am not sure if she is going to stand out with this song, because I feel she might get swallowed by the other female solo artists. She needs an impressing staging for sure.
Giving this a :5:.

Ali_

It's ok. I prob wouldn't skip it but also not rushing to add to my playlist which is a shame as Alcohol You was in my top 10 last year. I hate the effect they've put on her vocal in the chorus but hopefully that'll be better live. The repetition of the lyrics in what I suppose is the bridge gets annoying quickly.

shameless

To me its like Monuments, Bones (or basically all Milanow entries) and all the songs from Victorias shortlist this year - put all the stylish and hip ingredients together but it just stays a super-bland entry. I wish these countries would not all play so super save - I think except for Beautiful Mess none of these kind of fabricated chart ballads with no highlights came close to win and that was still second by a large margin.
We don't need a B-Side contest!

hijirio

Veteran
When you release 5 tracks that could all slay at eurovision in 2020, then you come back with *sigh* Amnesia

let's cherish this banger that added a thousand colors to my 2020

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I've listened to it a couple of times, and I immediately prefer it over Alchol You. it's not any Cherry Red for sure, but that was a self sabotage so it wont be considered here. Even though Alcohol You was in my top 10 because of many elements I liked in it but the one thing that irked me a lot was the whole Alcohol You, personally I thought it was ridiculous but overall it was a really good song - especially in what I thought to be a very weak year. Amnesia is a really nice song overall, nothing about it annoys me. I'm not wowed by it but I don't think it's a massived downgrade from Alcohol You either. Also Roxen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Victoria.

Kaz

The only thing I wanted from Romania was not-terrible lyrics. Alcohol You was my last place because I just could not take it seriously at all with those stupid lyrics and ‘fake news’.
Honestly Amnesia is still iffy. ‘Self love amnesia?’ I mean sure it makes sense as a concept but was there really no better way to phrase it? You had an entire extra year and you still produced a song with lyrics like that? Girl....no excuses. I flew all the way across the pond for this competition, I don’t wanna hear any fckn H&M lyrics.

Though I do like that it has more drive and energy than Alcohol You. 4 points for now.

Mainshow

Veteran
I have listened to the song twice and honestly, I wanted to come back to this thread now to give it :5: pts in the poll but I completely forgot how it sounds. There's nothing memorable about this entry...and thus, I will wait for tomorrow's "premiere"/music video to make sure my ranking is fair (I should make sure to have this thread on my screen whilst listening to the song again to not forget how it sounds again).

I agree with @Gera11 as well. After two NQ, I thought that :ro: is back to being competitive. Roxen... she got so much potential but she had like 4 better songs in her own national final last year. "Amnesia" will struggle to qualify.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
You can even tell from the artwork that TVR is more implicated this year lol like, what is this even...

157056772_3838142012896049_8908467633659025937_o.jpg

As a graphic designer I have a very strong urge to burn TVR's design studio because of this

EDIT: i'm not a professional graphic designer y'all but i did design

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Since it has been released in my Spotify, let's just say she had already released her entry today and I'll add her to the Participant List. We're just going to wait for the official music video.

And since I've reviewed the song yesterday, I'll add a little note on the song:
I can sense in what direction they want 'Amnesia' to go (a power pop a-la Imagine Dragons, but with a Halsey's kind of delivery), but you also need a good execution and I don't think 'Amnesia' successfully did that. There are no variation given to each chorus to make it sound like we've reached different stages of the song/the chorus all sounds the same. Some sections of the song lacked a filling instrumental/accent sounds and it made the listening experience a bit empty. Overall, it's kind of an acceptable song but also inoffensive. I want to be generous and give it :5: but since I did that to Elena, which has a better song, it's gonna be :3:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom