'Cause you're not alone, not alone
I try to fight but it's getting strong, getting strong, getting strong
Oh, I lost myself tryna have it all
Self love amnesia, don't worry if it got you
'Cause you're not alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

I bims

Veteran
As a Romanian, it's pretty funny to me to see all the posters calling the end of Roxen's career. Bruh, Eurovision is not big at all here in Romania. The news that we didn't qualify was like a sideline on national news. Roxen's songs are still heard on radio, her record company keeps on making banger commercial songs. She's gonna be fiiiine.
As it should be.
In Germany we struggle to get the bigger names on board because failure could hurt your career and that is just dumb. Let's allow these artists to fail and move on.

Edit:
This! :lol:

#SorryNotSorry to Roxen and her fans, but she really seems to struggle with her live vocals and she sounds drunk when singing in English #AlcoholYou ... I think maybe they shouldn't have pushed her singing in English at all? I feel like this could be one of the issues here and she's simply not confident when singing in English xshrug
She's not used to moving and singing and all that. I can forgive that, when she was in a calm enviroment she was way better vocally. I was just annoyed that so many talented artists were dismissed to uplift Roxen as the only "real singer" while she was probably the most inexperienced and you could clearly hear it.

Last edited:

Realest

It must taste bitter for Roxen, since last year with Alcohol You, she would have sailed through easily.

Im thinking more and more SHE wouldnt have qualified with Alcohol You.

VikingTiger

I admit I have never been a fan of Amnesia. I liked Alcohol You slightly better. But the song itself was not the problem on Tuesday, I think that is quite obvious.
The studio version of a song and the actual live performance (including the staging) are two very different things. In the Eurovision the latter is what counts.
I never warmed up to Amnesia (even though I can see it' has qualities) and the live performance did not give me ANY reason to change my opinion.
Another song in this semi that I really hadn't fallen for was Shum. But as opposed to Roxen; the staging, the visuals and colours, the energi, the vocals... in short: Go A made me love the entry! THAT is what happens in the Eurovision. A song can be lifted or killed on stage. Roxen unfortunately did the latter...

Brandt

poor roxen her career is practically over in Romania
Isn't it a li'l... too extreme? That's a contest afterall and there is win and there is lose. She is only a 21 year old singer. I don't think people in Romania expected her to success greatly in a very hooliganish way.

crashworld

Veteran
To be honest, this makes me wonder how many rehearsals/practices did she do before the contest?

I am sure they would have done practices with the full choreography before the contest and they should have known then Roxen is not able to cope with the choreography and sing well.

It's really sad to see everything just crumbled down. That's the last thing you want to see for an artist in the competition.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Amnesia is currently #6 in trending in :ro: :eek:

omg yes!! is that rare for Romania? I know eurovision is not popular at all there..

do you think that the partnership with Global Records will continue? I surely hope so

rasmuslights

Veteran
Isn't it a li'l... too extreme? That's a contest afterall and there is win and there is lose. She is only a 21 year old singer. I don't think people in Romania expected her to success greatly in a very hooliganish way.

nahh she will be fine, since she has been announced for esc her IG account grew for over 60k people... People in Romania love her I think, she has two hits in Romanian language.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
omg yes!! is that rare for Romania? I know eurovision is not popular at all there..

do you think that the partnership with Global Records will continue? I surely hope so

I'd say it's pretty rare yeah, considering what's usually trending on YouTube in Romania :lol: I suppose most people wanted to check what song did we flop with. Either way it's a slap for TVR after they reached an abysmal record of viewers on Tuesday.

With the current Head of Delegation and TVR leadership I don't think Global Records is willing to continue the partnership but things might change in the meanwhile, as the government announced they have plans to replace the head of TVR.

Our local Eurovision Facebook group has 15.2K members and many celebrities supported Roxen or commented the result afterwards so I wouldn't say Eurovision is super unpopular. It's still making waves - although small - despite TVR's best effort to ruin the experience.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'd say it's pretty rare yeah, considering what's usually trending on YouTube in Romania :lol: I suppose most people wanted to check what song did we flop with. Either way it's a slap for TVR after they reached an abysmal record of viewers on Tuesday.

With the current Head of Delegation and TVR leadership I don't think Global Records is willing to continue the partnership but things might change in the meanwhile, as the government announced they have plans to replace the head of TVR.

Our local Eurovision Facebook group has 15.2K members and many celebrities supported Roxen or commented the result afterwards so I wouldn't say Eurovision is super unpopular. It's still making waves - although small - despite TVR's best effort to ruin the experience.

OK great to hear...

I just hope GR is willing to continue since this was Romania's best effort since 2010 I think... it was just a series of unfortunate events that led to its flop..

Milos-BC

Sadly, one minute into the song and I already saw her eliminated :( Inappropriate staging + her lack of experience sealed the deal unfortunately. It's a good song though, it will remain on my playlist.

Laepo1

This song was too unpolished to do well. As someone pointed out, she was way to focused on that (mess of a) choreography instead of on her vocals/expresion. She seems bored, her english diction is not good and the way she delivered "self love amnesia" seemed like she was rambling. It was not such a big surprise she did not qualify unfortunately

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not 🇲🇩 doing better than 🇷🇴 for the fourth year in a row @Gera11 xcrazy (even with Stéy xheart)

The song itself is actually not so bad but yeah I agree on what has been mentioned before, there was just too much going on stage that overshadowed her and it resulted into a non-event. This heavy choreo did not help her at all. Romania seems to have completely lost the track and needs to work on staging concepts asap.

musicfan

I didn't think she did that bad. The song isn't normally my kind of music but I felt the music well enough. They probably shouldn't have tried the music video choreography, I think her team could have helped her more there.

Realest

The 3rd Time in a Row, :ro: was a Jury-Qualifier.
Cezar Florin Ouatu and Alex and Ilinca deserved those Jurypoints.

NeoTen

Who signed off on that staging though? That second chorus has her jumping, and that sounds off by a lot. Her acoustic version sounds so much better though. Should've let her done that one, some hot guy playing piano in the background. Done.

njdevils94

Veteran
rBAztjY.png

One of my favorite staging concepts this edition even if it didn't all come together on the night.

Thank you Roxen for truly touching me emotionally. xheart (Probably the most since :ua: Jamala from 2016.)

As someone whose had their struggles and low moments this past year Amnesia really hit home. This song is just so much bigger than being part of the Eurovision. It's a message that needed to be heard.

TVR definitely gave her too much choreo and movement to sound in tune. Give her a song like Alcohol You where she doesn't have to move around so much and she would be fine. That's besides though. I look forward to following her music outside the ESC bubble in the future.

Glad the jurors put it in the top 10. xlove

Top Bottom