Self love amnesia, don't worry if it got you
'Cause you're not alone, not alone
I try to fight but it's getting strong, getting strong, getting strong
Oh, I lost myself tryna have it all
Self love amnesia, don't worry if it got you
'Cause you're not alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

Kairit

The performance didn't do this song any favors, but I am also not sure the song is captivating enough for the general audience. The vibe of it is quite dreary with the heavy plodding beat at times and hard to get into, the whole thing feels kind of flat without many peaks and valleys and the fairly minimalist production doesn't help with this one. It doesn't really pull you in by being captivating either, i'd imagine especially at first listen for people watching at home. I'm not a fan of her voice either, but I hope she gets a chance again with a song like Alcohol You in the future.

Ezio

Veteran
It didn't look good on camera (dark concept, terrible make-up and dress) and didn't sound good neither.

Sadly, I think Romania ended up last in this semi.

It must taste bitter for Roxen, since last year with Alcohol You, she would have sailed through easily.

harey

To me the problem was the dress and make-up. The staging was nice but they should have done that with dancer and her singing in the center of the stage because she obviously couldn't do both. (And I think music was too loud over her voice.) I hope the best for her in her career. 🙏🏻💕

Preuss

poor roxen her career is practically over in Romania she can only hope to move somewhere else where Eurovision isn’t as big . I blame her management for this she just wasn’t ready.

Why though

marty

It was her own fault. There was no emotion in her face. Her singing was just ok. Obviously she was very concentrated on the choreography.

Nienor

poor roxen her career is practically over in Romania she can only hope to move somewhere else where Eurovision isn’t as big . I blame her management for this she just wasn’t ready.
1. Eurovision is not big in Romania at all.
2. She is the 2nd most streamed artist in Romania and has a lot of hits outside of Eurovision
3. Absolutely none of her Eurovision songs ( from 2019 and this year) were played on radios in Romania which tells you how much Romanians care about Eurovision.
4. People who listen to her songs in majority do not follow Eurovision
source: I live in Romania

Conclusion: her career is far from over but she has to stand up for herself more, this song and performance were clearly not suited for her skill-set as an artist and she is generally a very sensitive girl who just got overwhelmed by everything.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
lol i can count the sins with roxen as i did with eliot last year because Amnesia was a miss on almost every level you can think about.

jatojo

The performance didn't do this song any favors, but I am also not sure the song is captivating enough for the general audience. The vibe of it is quite dreary with the heavy plodding beat at times and hard to get into, the whole thing feels kind of flat without many peaks and valleys and the fairly minimalist production doesn't help with this one. It doesn't really pull you in by being captivating either, i'd imagine especially at first listen for people watching at home. I'm not a fan of her voice either, but I hope she gets a chance again with a song like Alcohol You in the future.
Yeah, it was ambient over all. And ambience can go both ways - it can be captivating, but also hard to get into.

Realest

lol i can count the sins with roxen as i did with eliot last year because Amnesia was a miss on almost every level you can think about.

Yes, please do it.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
This was such a flop. I knew Roxen from before, and I thought she would've been very successful in ESC, the song wasn't bad at all (but too Billie Eilish copycat, but this shouldn't be a bad thing on its own, ESC appreciates copycats) but the performance was so bad, she looked like she just had smoked weed. This NQ was really predictable for me!

sapsan

Semi-1 was a pure folk freak-show yesterday and I had to turn off my TV with aim to save my ears and then I missed televoting though I would vote for her. Roxen being a real singer with real song just has been lost there. I think in the Semi-2 she could have more chances. But no way and it was rather predictable.

ionuttzu

As a Romanian, it's pretty funny to me to see all the posters calling the end of Roxen's career. Bruh, Eurovision is not big at all here in Romania. The news that we didn't qualify was like a sideline on national news. Roxen's songs are still heard on radio, her record company keeps on making banger commercial songs. She's gonna be fiiiine.

A-lister

Veteran
Real singers can hit some notes

This! :lol:

#SorryNotSorry to Roxen and her fans, but she really seems to struggle with her live vocals and she sounds drunk when singing in English #AlcoholYou ... I think maybe they shouldn't have pushed her singing in English at all? I feel like this could be one of the issues here and she's simply not confident when singing in English xshrug

Top Bottom