3 2.1%

12 8.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Romania-scaled.jpg

mauve

Veteran
I am sad! Romania was my favourite! But the new version kills the whole fragile atmosphere. The climax sounds unnatural to me... They just want to showcase Roxen's voice.. And they sacrificed the whole meaning and tone of the song! I'm Utterly sad.
I have to downgrade it from :12: (my #1) to :7:

That's exactly how I feel. You brought it onto the point. I actually felt that the song didn't need a climax because of the fragile atmosphere. That goes down the drain now ...

Romeo

I said a few weeks ago that they needed to correct the English and they have done! So I am happy

AliceEsc

If i'd never heard the first version, I'd say good job, great song. The mood and atmosphere are there, and an explosion that some people have when they're drunk xblush
My only concern is if she can pull this off live, or she's going to struggle.

Uto

Veteran
If i'd never heard the first version, I'd say good job, great song. The mood and atmosphere are there, and an explosion that some people have when they're drunk xblush
My only concern is if she can pull this off live, or she's going to struggle.
Yeah okay, so the old version had pretty much the same silent drop twice, and a very depressed ending to the song that way which fit the atmosphere perfectly. I really hope it's not jarring to people the way it is now. It means that I too will grow to accept it. I have never been this enthusiastic about a song for ESC.

And you don't have to worry about her vocals. She has the pipes. More worrisome is that she isn't a natural at selling a performance.

Romeo

They haven't changed a single thing though.

It's only something small but I noticed it on first listen. In the original at 45 seconds she sings "Why do fairy tale fail baby" in the new one she sings "Why do fairy tales fail baby"

HayashiM

Veteran
I liked the original a little more, but I don't feel the change as all that huge... Some drunkards die off while others still have random bursts of energy - as a depiction, both versions work.

Keeping this a :12:

AleksTheDino

I definitely prefer the original version. It was my winner and 12 points...and nothing about that changed.
Im with @Uto, the fragility of the song came through because there was no big note. I think the big note takes away the seriousness of the song a bit and makes it look more like a typical eurovision ballad (although it still is far better than that) and it's less unique.

That being said, i still love this so so much, I worry it won't win but my hope hasn't died

AliceEsc

Yeah okay, so the old version had pretty much the same silent drop twice, and a very depressed ending to the song that way which fit the atmosphere perfectly. I really hope it's not jarring to people the way it is now. It means that I too will grow to accept it. I have never been this enthusiastic about a song for ESC.

And you don't have to worry about her vocals. She has the pipes. More worrisome is that she isn't a natural at selling a performance.

I hear you, I too really like the pre-revamp version. The additions they made aren't offputting, to my view of course.

Uto

Veteran

Uto

Veteran
I hear you, I too really like the pre-revamp version. The additions they made aren't offputting, to my view of course.
Well she sure put me off there at first listen. Since then a couple strong words have been flying around here, I took a shower for comfort and maybe hygiene and I put a stick up my own arse with some ointment to help my hemorrhoid heal better and especially that last thing helped me put things in perspective. With pain like that, you really want to scream. I think I'm fine now. If Roxen thinks she needs this then it shall be done. I will support our little princess whatever she does.

Uto

Veteran
At 41 seconds even in the lyrics on screen there is no S

Lol, what is this sorcery? Okay, well, we are both correct then. They fixed it weeks ago.

Romeo

Lol, what is this sorcery? Okay, well, we are both correct then. They fixed it weeks ago.

Those sneaky Romanians playing with our minds haha

• Like It
Reactions: Uto

Galandar

I think the initial version was on point. There was no need to make changes to it. Still one of the best entries this year and contender to get the trophy. It would be cool if Romania wins it as they never did in the past. Good luck x12points

sapsan

Don't understand the reason for revamp but Nothing changed for me. Still the best of and my TOP-3

Romeo

They are vampires after all.

Noticed those braces on Roxen? Now you know why.

All the secrets are being revealed... We make a good team of detectives. We should go into business haha

Alaska49

the new final minute... sweetie... you can't reproduce that outside the studio. it doesn't even sound that good now. you are not victoria. you will never be victoria.

you should have just picked storm instead lol.

Top Bottom