5 3.5%

3 2.1%

12 8.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Romania-scaled.jpg

Schlagerman1

I really really like Roxens voice, very distinct and cool, stands out in a crowd. So the songs, they are as a whole pretty good, but some has some questionable lyrics, like in "Alcohol You" (which the title itself sounds weird enough), starts off with the lyrics "The Sun is rising ink, for me it's hard to blink". I don't know if you are able to say it like that, but for me it sounds like a really rough way to force in a rhyme...

For me the best song has to be "Cherry Red" which got me into a nice Rihannaesque rhythm and fits perfectly with Roxens voice. Would really stand out this year I think, and hopefully she can pull the attitude live as well. :D

Zonne147

Yes, I think that would be the best choice and is my personal favourite as well.

xheat xheat xheat xheat

I'm not sure if it's the best choice for the contest (for me yes!!!!!!) , it may stand out in ESC but on the other hand it may easily flop.

"Cherry Red" is definitely sth fresh and sth likeable, not 100% perfect for me but still amazing. Sth very Romanian, it was the kind of song I was missing at ESC from one of my favorite music countries.

"Alcohol You" for example is a bit enjoyable for me but I'm honestly tired of ballads, this year has already got a lot of them (don't get me wrong, I really like most of them) and I see more coming.

ClaudiuP

xheat xheat xheat xheat

I'm not sure if it's the best choice for the contest (for me yes!!!!!!) , it may stand out in ESC but on the other hand it may easily flop.

This is definitely sth fresh and sth likeable. Sth very Romanian, it was the kind of song I was missing at ESC from one of my favorite music countries.

"Alcohol You" for example is a bit enjoyable for me but I'm honestly tired of ballads, this year has already got a lot of them and I see more coming.

I agree with you, but I don't think that Cherry Red could flop. She has a very strong team behind and I'm sure that visually it would look great in Rotterdam. It would be a matter of seeing if she can actually pull it live.

Alcohol You sounds too much like Arcade to me. It's definitely in the same style and I don't see it doing much in Rotterdam. Yes, she would qualify with it but I can't see her being a contender to the top 5 with that song.

Romeo

Haha

You look like my carnival fitness instructor so I had an instant crush on you! xangel

Was that in 2014 when I was on the LEDs during Malta's performance in Eurovision in Copenhagen?

Just saying I was technically on the Eurovision stage :ROFLMAO:

FcyC0hP.jpg

ClaudiuP

@Romeo

Didn't like that song I'm afraid, I think it was my toilet break in 2014 so I've missed it. :(

@Mrm

I like your determination! You go girl!

HayashiM

Veteran
"Alcohol You" for example is a bit enjoyable for me but I'm honestly tired of ballads, this year has already got a lot of them (don't get me wrong, I really like most of them) and I see more coming.

Oh absolutely keep them ballads coming please, it's a win-win-win situation :)

1. My ballads loving self is gonna be super happy
2. Benny's gonna be an even bigger standout and will totally win this whole thing.
3. As a result, Prague 2021 gets confirmed and all of you guys can come feast on our traditional delicious beer - I am sure we'll find something good for those who have other preferences, we aren't in the world's top 5 of the alcohol consumption per head for nothing ;)

What's not to love? :)

Romeo

@Romeo

Didn't like that song I'm afraid, I think it was my toilet break in 2014 so I've missed it. :(

@Mrm

I like your determination! You go girl!
Hopefully you'll like my 2021 eurovision entry. I haven't entered for a few years but tomorrow I'm getting the guitar out of the attic and getting back into it

Zonne147

I agree with you, but I don't think that Cherry Red could flop. She has a very strong team behind and I'm sure that visually it would look great in Rotterdam. It would be a matter of seeing if she can actually pull it live.

I'm confident Romanian delegation will do everything right... But tbh I would like to see sth less dark on stage. Probably my main concern was already mentioned by you - I have no idea if she will deliver live...

Alcohol You sounds too much like Arcade to me. It's definitely in the same style and I don't see it doing much in Rotterdam. Yes, she would qualify with it but I can't see her being a contender to the top 5 with that song.

"Alcohol You" and "Arcade" have common aspects, and the recent editions of the contest have proven us that doesn't benefit the latest songs... "Beautiful Lie" is also a good example I want to believe that if Estonians select Jaagup he is a contender for a top 5 placement but people don't usually connect with the same kind of songs in consecutive editions... So...

ClaudiuP

Oh absolutely keep them ballads coming please, it's a win-win-win situation :)

1. My ballads loving self is gonna be super happy
2. Benny's gonna be an even bigger standout and will totally win this whole thing.
3. As a result, Prague 2021 gets confirmed and all of you guys can come feast on our traditional delicious beer - I am sure we'll find something good for those who have other preferences, we aren't in the world's top 5 of the alcohol consumption per head for nothing ;)

What's not to love? :)

This reminds me of 2010 when we had so many ballads and Romania stood out because it wasn't a ballad basically haha.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
*puts Spanish fan hype hat*

Omg, Roxen & Global Records really did deliver. My wig is on fire. I love all the songs. Each of them has something I like over the other. Roxen's voice works really well with a lot of genres and styles, which I didn't think it was possible!

We managed to deliver a NF lineup at a complete other level than in the past. Wow. And with only one artist it is still way more diverse than Melodifestivalen 2020 and co.

My ranking:
1. Cherry Red
2. Alcohol You
3. Beautiful Disaster
4. Storm
5. Colors

Romania, Roxen, Rotterdam :love:
tenor.gif

Top Bottom