5 3.5%

3 2.1%

12 8.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Romania-scaled.jpg

ClaudiuP

This statement is so true.... After hearing full songs...

I thought it worked pretty well when Greece used it in 2005 for Helena Paparizou and Ukraine used it in 2008 for Ani Lorak or when Azerbaijan used it in 2010 for Safura.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Alcohol You: Not feeling this one. The composition's pretty good, but she has some vocal tics that don't hurt (or even enhance, more on that in a moment) the other songs but really drag this one down.

Cherry Red: Nope. Sorry. Not this either.

Beautiful Disaster: This is the one for me. It has kind of a Big Little Lies soundtrack feel to it, and the vocal swirling takes me on a journey with the song as it moves. It would need very careful staging (which Romania sometimes provide and sometimes don't).

Colors: The drop is very Tallia Storm wear See Through dress (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC122_Ql1PQ), but it's almost intriguingly annoying, if that makes any sense.

Storm: Completely passed me by. Not bad, not good, not worth much thought.

I will say as well that I think several if not most of these could get the fatherland (fun me fact, in addition to being three-eighths Irish, I'm also part Romanian probably) back to the Eurovision final.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
My top 5:

1. "Alcohol You" 9/10
2. "Beautiful disaster" 9/10
3. "Colors" 7/10
4. "Storm" 5/10
5. "Cherry red" 5/10

Overall a very strong selection. I hope she's good live!

Go ROXEN and Romania!

Realest

Alcohol You 7.1/10
Colours 6.9/10
Storm 6.6/10
Cherry Red 5.0/10
Beautiful Disaster 1.8/10

Last edited:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Alcohol you - lol this is really silly and lowkey cringe, like "alcohoooool you when i'm drunk" and "i love you from the bottle of your heart" are genuine sentences uttered here? This is like a classy X My Heart? Or a trashy Arcade? Make your pick as I pour myself another limoncello.

Beautiful Disaster - A glorious entry. It's not *entirely* my style, but it has great potential for insane, extra staging and leaving a mark at the ESC. Always nice to see the avant garde songs pull through quality-wise.

Cherry Red - This is the entry Athena Manoukian wished she had. It's one of those uptempo dance reggaetons we've seen at ESC lately, but a very good one. Closer to MARUV than to Eleni imo.

Colours - An enjoyable electropop song 🤷

Storm - Kind of an identity chrisis type of song. The verses are introverted, calm, soothing. But the chorus, man, that chorus. HI I AM STORM I BREAK THE WALLS AND I TAKE CONTROL. It sounds like a Pot Ledom clip xheart Oh and I'm all here for self-empowerment and abrupt endings, so xheart

:8: Beautiful Disaster, Storm, Cherry Red
:6: Colours, Alcohol You.

These are pretty good. Happy Romania have invested in worthwile songs across the board. We'll see whether the NF makes them shine or not.

Mrm

Veteran
@mauve

"Alcohol you" is on repeat here.. I cant get enough of this masterpiece..it MUST win!!

Ezio

Veteran
l‘ll ca-hall you later xcheers

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
It seems it will be between my no1 - "Alcohol you" and my last - "Cherry Red" lol :lol:

Romeo

I'm not sure this girl is the right choice for Romania . I closed my eyes and listened and I struggled a lot to understand what she was saying. Also they will need to get a native English speaker to tweak the lyrics for Alcohol you.

Overall the songs are pretty good, they do all sound very similar. The one that stands out is Cherry Red but that may just be because all the other videos are a similar white / blue and cherry red is well.. Red.

FabiESC

01. Beautiful Disaster 10/10 xheart xheart
02. Colors 10/10 xheart
03. Cherry Red 9/10
04. Alcohol You 8/10
05. Storm 6/10
Amazing song selection. :love: Nothing more to say about this x12points

ClaudiuP

I'm not sure this girl is the right choice for Romania . I closed my eyes and listened and I struggled a lot to understand what she was saying. Also they will need to get a native English speaker to tweak the lyrics for Alcohol you.

Overall the songs are pretty good, they do all sound very similar. The one that stands out is Cherry Red but that may just be because all the other videos are a similar white / blue and cherry red is well.. Red.

That's funny because one of the lyricists of the song is actually American. I wouldn't go as far as calling them native English speakers, but they should be pretty close! :lol:

P.S. I'm still waiting for your phone number! xhmmm

• Say Yay

ClaudiuP

It seems it will be between my no1 - "Alcohol you" and my last - "Cherry Red" lol :lol:

Yes, but I think that the jury will support Alcohol you, while the people will probably vote for Cherry Red as it sounds way too Romanian.

• Like It
Top Bottom