3 2.1%

12 8.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Romania-scaled.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
I don't think they had to go further down any list. I don't think they had a choice at all. I'm pretty sure that Global Records only offered their newcomers.

What I meant is that TVR, as the national broadcaster of Romania, one of the poorest countries in Europe, shouldn't have had an internal selection unless it was a really big name.

Their budget for Eurovision consists of public money paid by all Romanians who work, so all artist should have had a shot.

That could very well be a fact, those names wouldn't accept regardless so both the record label and TVR are probably aware of that, and yeah it's a good way to push new names.

Romania is hardly alone in having their public (= tax funded) broadcaster deal with Eurovision selection, and I think we can't expect every broadcaster to have a complete transparent open selection, in fact no broadcaster has that, not even the ones with selections like our Melodifestivalen in Sweden, that's a nice thought in theory, but it's not a reality anywhere. I don't mind an internal selection if we can skip the mess of national finals we saw TVR produce. I mean they basically internally selected but disguising it as national finals, then at least this seems less shady as they're not pretending it's something else.

DanielLuis

I mean Roxen isn't a total unknown surely? That video does have 8 million views and apparently she is leading the Romanian Spotify charts for a couple of weeks.

A-lister

Veteran
I mean Roxen isn't a total unknown surely? That video does have 8 million views and apparently she is leading the Romanian Spotify charts for a couple of weeks.

I never heard of her at least until today, but maybe I just didn't pay enough attention ... she's clearly not known the way Inna and Alexandra Stan are at least which I guess was the point.

Mrm

Veteran
I heard her songs on radio in Serbia, so it is good sign.. :)

Centrix

She is just the most succesufull new artist in Romania in this moment. Her song "You don't love me" is from September I think and is still all day long on radio. The same happen with her new song Ce-ti canta dragostea. I think that Global Records choose good, but there was no competition for Roxen and it is unfair. Mean they could have say in November that there will be Roxen, not to put those two no names in "competition".

DanielLuis

She is just the most succesufull new artist in Romania in this moment. Her song "You don't love me" is from September I think and is still all day long on radio. The same happen with her new song Ce-ti canta dragostea. I think that Global Records choose good, but there was no competition for Roxen and it is unfair. Mean they could have say in November that there will be Roxen, not to put those two no names in "competition".
I mean yeah, that's a bit stupid. They should have just announced that Roxen was selected, I don't know what the point was in announcing those other 2 yesterday.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Great choice imo. :D I'm looking forward to the song choices.

A-lister

Veteran
She is just the most succesufull new artist in Romania in this moment. Her song "You don't love me" is from September I think and is still all day long on radio. The same happen with her new song Ce-ti canta dragostea.

Oh cool, I didn't know! Any clues on the entry? Will it be a song already released or something completely new?

Centrix

Oh cool, I didn't know! Any clues on the entry? Will it be a song already released or something completely new?

From what I read, there should be new all 5 songs. One is made by the composers of Hot and Sun is Up from Inna. The tittle is Up and I have my big hopes on this song. Another one is uptempo with Persian influences.... not sure if this will remain from that team, another two are classical ballades and one powerfull balade.

QuirkyYodel

Not them actually using the Saki Saki song :lol:
We really went from Playing With Fire to having songs about a person bringing out wine with 'saki saki saki' as a hook huh :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
From what I read, there should be new all 5 songs. One is made by the composers of Hot and Sun is Up from Inna. The tittle is Up and I have my big hopes on this song. Another one is uptempo with Persian influences.... not sure if this will remain from that team, another two are classical ballades and one powerfull balade.

Cross my fingers it will be a bop and not a ballad !!!! (at least based on this description)....

Uto

Veteran
Cross my fingers it will be a bop and not a ballad !!!! (at least based on this description)....
Romania is world class at lazy old summer jams, which is actually a rather challenging style since it’s fairly minimalistic. So I definitely agree with this.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I would very much appreciate the return of Bopmania. It's been far too long since their last uptempo banger (and I am not counting the intensely annoying Yodel It)

vicki

So far, we've got one up-tempo song produced by Marco & Seba, who are the main producers for international star INNA and are behind 'Sun Is Up' and 'Hot'. The song is described as going into an epic register with 'Up' as a potential title. The second song would an up-tempo bop. Persian-influenced with 'saki saki saki' as a hook. We've also got two classic ballads produced by Coco (main producer for Andra) and Viky Red (Selectia Nationala 2012) and a power ballad produced by David Ciente (producer for INNA and Selena Gomez)"
Source: https://www.eurovoxx.net/single-post/2020/02/11/Eurovision-2020-l-Its-Roxen-for-Romania

Video on the official channel

njdevils94

Veteran
I hope she gets a song that suits her style specifically. Not fussed if its up, middle, or low tempo tbh.

Top Bottom