5 3.5%

3 2.1%

12 8.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Romania-scaled.jpg

ClaudiuP

All I know, all I know, Duncan Laurence was also a no name in the Netherlands.

He was actually a semifinalist of The Voice Holland which is a very popular show. He also had the song himself, the Dutch TV have selected him because they saw the potential in him and his song. It's a very different scenario.

MalagaToledo

Banned
See, in the end it will be more female than male singers. So this roxen. Have u heard her song. Im planning to listen most songs por primera vez en Rotterdam.

Mimmon

Veteran
Im real excited.. for past 24 hours I been listening to her songs and she does sounds promising. I hope all 5 songs will be amazing.There are rumours this will be one the song

Uto

Veteran
[Duncan Laurence] was actually a semifinalist of The Voice Holland which is a very popular show.
Not nearly popular enough to become a household name by reaching the semis a couple years back. He was most definitely an unknown quantity. Thing is, the whole thing was explained as a hand-picked entry by Ilse de Lange (Common Linnets) and she's extremely well respected in the Netherlands as someone with a very firm grasp of pop music so people generally reacted pretty well to the idea of sending an unknown singer.

ClaudiuP

I asked the same and I got this
I guess thats tells it

Not really. Performing live in front of a big audience is a total different story. I have my doubts but I'll wait and see in May.

I'm still not happy, an internal selection for Inna, Alexandra Stan or Delia would have had more sense. I'm sure that Roxen is a nice girl and everything, but I don't think she actually wanted to do ESC, she's just doing it because the record label asked her to.

QuirkyYodel

Okay so I'd say that so far everything seems to look fine!
Even though she isn't a household name, I was surprised to see how many of the people I know have heard of her (I thought I was the only one xheat) so I'll wait for the songs to see if GR really did this for the country's fate in the contest and not for... well, any other reasons.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm still not happy, an internal selection for Inna, Alexandra Stan or Delia would have had more sense. I'm sure that Roxen is a nice girl and everything, but I don't think she actually wanted to do ESC, she's just doing it because the record label asked her to.

Or the more logical explanation: Inna, Alexandra and Delia are bigger names and simply declined the offer...

ClaudiuP

Or the more logical explanation: Inna, Alexandra and Delia are bigger names and simply declined the offer...

Of course they have. No decent singer in Romania will accept to go to ESC as long as TVR is the participating broadcaster. Their level of corruption is out of this world.

A-lister

Veteran
Of course they have. No decent singer in Romania will accept to go to ESC as long as TVR is the participating broadcaster. Their level of corruption is out of this world.

But you just said an internal selection of them would make more sense as if TVR wouldn't have chosen them first if they could? So here I doubt it's TVR that is the issue (while I agree they are corrupt and dysfunctional) but rather these acts declined so they had to go further down the list.

ClaudiuP

But you just said an internal selection of them would make more sense as if TVR wouldn't have chosen them first if they could? So here I doubt it's TVR that is the issue (while I agree they are corrupt and dysfunctional) but rather these acts declined so they had to go further down the list.

I don't think they had to go further down any list. I don't think they had a choice at all. I'm pretty sure that Global Records only offered their newcomers.

What I meant is that TVR, as the national broadcaster of Romania, one of the poorest countries in Europe, shouldn't have had an internal selection unless it was a really big name.

Their budget for Eurovision consists of public money paid by all Romanians who work, so all artist should have had a shot.

Mrm

Veteran
She is from Cluj Napoca! xyaaay

It is very close to Salina Turda salt mines!

Salina Turda 2021! xlove xheart

Top Bottom