3 2.1%

12 8.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Romania-scaled.jpg

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Lol I must've watched a different performance from everyone else. I like "Alcohol you" LESS after seeing the live. It's disjointed, pretentiously artsy and features horrific diction on top of bad (intentionally bad!!!) lyrics.

:5: because of the boop dress.

Fluke

What an absolute mess. This song makes absolutely no sense to me even after several listenings. Could there be a "recall" and they end up with another song in the end anyway, as some countries have done in recent years?

hunty73

Don’t like the bed. Beds are safe. She has to be outside and vulnerable. Dress slightly torn, make-up a total mess. Ignore the stage and the audience, make it dark, close and intimate so you can do little changes to maximum effect. Have her staring into infinity a lot, not the camera so much. Isolate her as much as you can.

Perhaps nice idea to have her fall to the ground at the ‘bottom of my...’ part, camera straight above her, and then have a graphic on the floor of a blurry dark red heart expanding outward at the point we expect her to sing ‘heart’. In the space left she sees the blurry face of her loved one and sings to her/him the first line of the chorus.

Lots of potential isnt there yes.I agree you want to make her isolated and vulnerable.Its the key to the whole thing.You want everyone to imagine its their daughter,sister,cousin,friend,themselves.Lots of people dont think this is a challenger because they arent imagining the staging potential.
Of course they need to get it right.If they dont it wont win on song alone,even though its a great song.

• Like It
Reactions: Uto

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The live performance was not perfect, but there is potential, there is time to improve, the song is a bop. Roxen is staying in touch with our Eurovision group and is very open to constructive criticism. I'm not worried at all. We never had a representative that cared so much about the fans and about Eurovision in general. And I find her nervousness very relatable. Her accent is our potato mouth Irish-Russian accent that we can't escape it seems. :lol:

Last night I thought there was some bullshit TVR move for her to not perform again (technical difficulties is the second name of TVR after all) the winning performance but it was Roxen that wanted to celebrate the moment among the fans and audience in general, which I found pretty touching ngl. People who attended the show in Buzau had a blast and I'm really happy for them.

But...I am biased as fuck and I very much want Bucharest 2021 xdance

Uto

Veteran
I am the monolith of objectivity, the beacon of reason, the apex of fairness, and even I want Bucharesti 2021

QuirkyYodel

CHILE the fact that the least problematic NF result we’ve had since 2017 is making so many people seethe. Not specifically on this site.

Yes I loved Cherry Red and wanted it to win way more than Alcohol You. Yes the self sabotage was blatantly obvious. No I don’t understand why people won’t let the song go already. I mean sure, go ahead and judge the girl for what she did with the other 4 songs for all I care, I lost a lot of respect for her as well because of that. And yes hate on the song too if you don’t like it. However, don’t judge the song just because it wasn’t your #1 since it ain’t going to revive Cherry Red or whatever your favourite was in any way.

The only people I’ve seen that like the song are the ones that didn’t thoroughly follow the NF and that says a lot imo.

Phoenix

That Cherry Red performance, I was fuming! She was literally "f*ck this shit, I'm out" and I was too.
Yeah, out of all chosen songs this one sounds really similar to Arcade, but I think this is problematic for esc fans, not the gp who forget about the contest a week after it's over.
It's alright, I'll give it :6: pts for now and we'll see where it goes from there.

Realest

I still dont think she intentionally sabotaged her CR Performance. I think the whole Song was simplly out of her Reach.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I still dont think she intentionally sabotaged her CR Performance. I think the whole Song was simplly out of her Reach.

This.

I hope "Cherry Red" is a lesson to Roxen for Rotterdam: your every move is watched and judged and people come quickly to a conclusion, often times a very negative one. I've said it numerous times before the NF that the song is not really her style and tbh even if she would've put more effort into dancing it would've still felt a bit lame, she's no Inna, Alexandra Stan or Eleni. And tbf she's not dancing in the lyric video either.

I suppose it would've been best if they didn't include "Cherry Red" at all and I bet the whole NF thing was TVR's idea more than Global Records'. If we internally selected "Alcohol You" we wouldn't have people screeching on youtube and twitter rn :"D

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
And to be brutally honest, not even two hours later a much bigger hit appeared on the Eurovision horizon. "Hurricane" would've left "Cherry Red" in the dust tbh and eurofans would've moved to it anyway, forgetting about Cherry. And "Rakata" or "Feker Libi" are still to come! Who knows what other bops are on the horizon too.

I'm literally defending a ballad after bitching about ballads all year, jesus save my hypocrite soul, but I think it's better to crush all the weak ballads with a fire "Alcohol You" than try to swim with much bigger bop sharks.

Ok im posting to much about this gonna chill out

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
The live performance was not perfect, but there is potential, there is time to improve, the song is a bop. Roxen is staying in touch with our Eurovision group and is very open to constructive criticism. I'm not worried at all. We never had a representative that cared so much about the fans and about Eurovision in general. And I find her nervousness very relatable. Her accent is our potato mouth Irish-Russian accent that we can't escape it seems. :lol:

Last night I thought there was some bullshit TVR move for her to not perform again (technical difficulties is the second name of TVR after all) the winning performance but it was Roxen that wanted to celebrate the moment among the fans and audience in general, which I found pretty touching ngl. People who attended the show in Buzau had a blast and I'm really happy for them.

I loved how she stood there celebrating with the audience, fans and close ones xheart xheart xheart xheart

Sultana

I don´t know why people put it so high. Its good, maybe even better than half of Romanian entries, but its still something Billie Eilish and kinda plain and weak. 4 pts and DNQ pls

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
I don´t know why people put it so high. Its good, maybe even better than half of Romanian entries, but its still something Billie Eilish and kinda plain and weak. 4 pts and DNQ pls

Just wait and see her in Rotterdam. I'm 99% sure it will be a very emotional performance. Hopefully with perfect lightning, even better vocals and camera angles.

It will be a moment!

Sultana

source.gif

Little Big for DNQ more likely x

Pft, I doubt! Even if they DNQ they still will be the best representatives of Russia in a decade. And about Roxen its just my simple taste. I hated yodel when everyone fangirled it, same with Alcohol you I just find it ordinary and not the best entry. In compare with other picked entries I prefer Shaj over this, tbh. But still my number one rn is Ukraine. I think only LB can beat it XD

Sultana

Just wait and see her in Rotterdam. I'm 99% sure it will be a very emotional performance. Hopefully with perfect lightning, even better vocals and camera angles.

It will be a moment!

I 90% of the time change my top 10 just right after the rehearsals and semis. I can´t wait to see what they will do with her entry at esc, of course, maybe I wil fangirl it as most of the eurofans, but for now this iswhat I think. eh

sapsan

Likely it will be the Best ESC season for the last 4-5 years.
:12: points for Romania and personally dear Roxen x12pointsxrose

cassio

Wow what a voice, Im getting Björk vibes..... but it's a ballad, and We all ready have Norway. This will qualify for the final but will it end in top 10 Rumania 7 points

Top Bottom